New guy from Suwanee, Georgia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 98SILVERSTANG, Sep 1, 2008.

1. 98SILVERSTANG

98SILVERSTANG Member

Hey guys learned about this site on clubwrx. Looking for local meets and track events to head too. This is my first WRX and so far I have enjoyed it. Not looking to mod the car since it's my daily driver. I've been dragracing my 98 mustang gt for the past 8 years and have a blast doing it. Here are some pics of both the WRX and Mustang.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks
    Alain

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  2. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Very nice...welcome :wavey:

Damn...9 second mustang...with a 'chute!

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

damn...crazy stang. oh...you gotta at least an exhaust to let that roxer rumble sound free, and a cobb stage 1 (or two).;)

welcome to wrxatlanta!

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

very nice! welcome aboard

5. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

agreed - stage 1 / 2 for that daily driver, I'm stage 2 in my STi that sees about 25k miles a year.

you missed an auto-x event yesterday at AMS, but there's another one coming up at the beginning of October at Turner, so be on the look out.

6. 98SILVERSTANG

98SILVERSTANG Member

Thanks guys for the compliments. I may do some mods in the near future my issue is it's hard enough to mod/race 1 car being the mustang and then modding the Subi as well would just be tough. I may over time do small things to the WRX but for now not much is in the works.

Unless I put the stang aside for a while :) hehehhe

Alain

7. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

nice mustang! I'm in lawrencville and will keep an eye out for ya! welcome to the site! check out the sept 21st mtn run/bbq also!

8. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

welcome

9. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

thats a big leaf blower....

just wait till that inner modding kicks in. you start modding it.

10. techlord

techlord Active Member

welcome bro, nice wrx, BUT damn you got a stang that does wheelies.

11. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Nice man, theres a few Mustang guys on here as well.

9.00 is nothing to sneeze at.

12. Kris

Kris Member

Welcome! Nice mustang. :)

13. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

welcome to the site! nice cars. Im in suwanee too.

14. xcritic

xcritic Member

Nice Sube, I'm in Suwanee also I'll honk if I see ya.

15. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

nice rides man, anything we can do to help just let us know.

16. 98SILVERSTANG

98SILVERSTANG Member

Thanks guys for the compliments and welcome to the site. I am sure after a meet with you guys and seeing the stuff done to your cars I will have the mod bug for the WRX. I can see it already lol.

Alain

17. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Finally a 08/09 Sedan in the family. Let us know how you like life with that car as a daily driver. Most folks here have the Hatch. I test drove the sedan and from a daily driver perspective it is a very capable well balanced car and has a very smooth torque curve, I am assuming that is a 5sp! Simple mods can get you a nice response in these cars while retaining reliability! Not to discredit your loyalty to not modding your daily driver, but those were my famous last words:)

Nice modular/turbo SN95, I used to race a 95 5.0 but nothing close to 9's! Sweet Stang!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  18. 98SILVERSTANG

98SILVERSTANG Member

So far I love the car don't have any complaints at all. Got it on April 17th and it already has 7200 miles :) I know all to well the I'm not gonna mod it. That is what I said with the mustang.

thanks for welcome to the site fellas

BTW it's supercharged mod motor 4.6 SOHC 2valve :)

If you guys need anything let me know I have tons of tools etc done most of the work on the mustang as well.

Alain

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  19. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

any vids of the mustang? need to bring it out to a meet :rofl:

20. 98SILVERSTANG

98SILVERSTANG Member

21. Kris

Kris Member

That mustang is delicious. :D

22. pokey

pokey New Member

Welcome. Thats a sweet mustang you have. What track do you normally run at with it?

23. 98SILVERSTANG

98SILVERSTANG Member

Thanks man. We run a series called NMRA and pretty much run the entire east coast from Florida to Michigan. Other then that we may hit Atlanta Dragway or Silver Dollar.

Alain

24. Tray@topspeed

Tray@topspeed Member

Lookin Good!

25. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Those video's almost got me in trouble at work. I forgot I had the volume turned up on the puter.....LOL!

26. 98SILVERSTANG

98SILVERSTANG Member

Whoops yeah they are a TAD bit loud lol. Car has mufflers too..... well if you can call those things mufflers lol. I always keep my volume down just in case.

Alain

27. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Wow I was about to make fun of you for driving a mustang until I saw the pictures. I was like :squint:

28. 98SILVERSTANG

98SILVERSTANG Member

Lol I get that often. I like cars in general not really brand specific. Just happens that I modded the hell out of the mustang. Trying to not do the same with the WRX. Having a hell of a time not buying stuff lol.

Alain