WTF Gas Stations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FTZ, Sep 22, 2008.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

When coming home from work at 5:30 and just now when I ran out to get something to eat, every gas station I have passed had cars 5 to 6 deep at each pump. What the hell is going on now? I haven't seen or read anything in the news today that would explain it. I was able to find gas a couple days ago no problem and no lines at the pump to get it. Does it have anything to do with Russia and what YungDz posted?

2. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

barrell prices jumped $25 today because of bailout fears

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

my friend and I are having a discussion about it now. His theory (something we tossed in the air) is that they called off the shipping routes when they saw the ships en route. It makes sense since I saw on the news earlier that the Southeast is whats hurting at the pumps right now.

Yet you haven't heard anything about it.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  4. pankopp

pankopp Member

we havent had gas up here in Acworth for just about a week... no premium from here to atlanta.

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

I went by 10 gas stations last night till I found the QT packed with cars...took about 40 min to get in and out.

6. gfred024

gfred024 Member

No problems here in SAV. Premium is under $4 a gallon

7. pankopp

pankopp Member

yeah, i had to buy regular today for the .:R at $4.35/gallon, I am hoping some of the stations around here get some gas...

8. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

The refineries are shut down in the Houston area. 20% of capacity is off line for at least another week. This has nothing to do with Russian and Venezuelan manuevers.

There is an honest to God shortage people. It is not caused by people panicking.

That comes later this week. :eek:hnoes:

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

So... anyone know where to get some gas on Hwy.9??? The QT outside my house has it.. but theres a line a mile long to get in there.. I'm at work right now up on Mcfarland(400n exit 12) until 7am, and will need to find some on my way home.. my low light is about to come on. I'm going to take Mcfarland over to Hwy. 9 and go south, and keep my fingers crossed... Dana, have you seen anywhere by the house? (besides the QT..)?

10. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

the racetrack on Mcfarland had it when I drove by earlier, but there was a line. I'd say hit it up before you leave.

Edit: mcfarland is dry. I suggest cruising home lol. All the ones on 9 I passed were dry home.

I was almost on e but made it home to the QT where there was a line out to roswell rd, well Boom, go in the blockbuster entrance, chances are the ppl in the line don't see available pumps on the far side of the station. That's what I did and didn't wait in line like everyone else.

I was nice enough to signal to others that pumps were available though.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  11. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Thx man.. I went on Atlantagasprices.com and saw that the QT on Haynes bridge(near Old Milton) just got a new load tonight.. that apparently no one knows about. All grades/no line/$4.26 premium... Went on lunch.. Glad I found it too, was gonna ride down Mcfarland and take hwy. 9 home.. looks like their all still empty(or no premium)..

12. jeb

jeb Member

13. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

its rediculous! Maybe i shouldnt have blown half a tank of gas on the mtn run lol

14. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

QT on Sugarloaf near 316 was out of Super and Premium, full this morning.

My WRX is parked and I drove the E320 b/c it can drink the Super unleaded.

15. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

Correct... and what has rubbed salt into GA's problem is that our "summer blend" of fuel (as required by EPA) is fairly strict, which adds to the cost and complexity of supplying fuel to GA. The EPA and Governor have put a "halt" on the summer blend requirements so they can get the fuel out to the stations that much faster.

I dunno about a couple days fix though... I've heard a couple weeks. But the shortage is real, and exacerbated by some people panicking and topping off their tanks constantly.

You know, this shit has been going on every summer for the past 2-3 years now. It's making me rethink driving a STi as a daily driver.

16. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

i went through almost an entire tank on the run

but after driving around cobb county all night last night I finally found premium at a bp at south cobb and windy hill. I was heading that way and saw a bp gas tanker, so I followed it in, asked if he had premium and he did. but this is getting ridiculous.

17. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Should have hijacked him and sold the gas your self.

18. Demo24

Demo24 Member

uh, what I'm guessing your implying is that the shipping companies ran away when they learned Russia was going to Venezuela? If so that's just ridiculous as Russia wouldn't do anything to an independently owned oil tanker. Were not in the middle of a war with them, they don't need to stop our fuel supply.

Also their route won't take them anywhere near the oil rigs in the Gulf. Not to mention that's not the problem anyway as they pump to shore, and its the refineries that are holding everything up.

Also Russian ships have barely left Russia at the moment. Will take them a couple weeks to get here.

19. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Went looking for gas last night at around 2am and found a QT on marietta pkwy that mustve just got a shipment. I got a full tank of 93 :D

20. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

going at this rate, I'm going to have to drive under vaccum for a while

21. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

just got a tank of premium by the house...but at $4.69.

22. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

where is that?

23. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

^^^ Alpharetta...Deerfield and Webb Rd. We have 2 gas stations on the corner and they are both typically $0.20 more than the BP on 9 and Windward. I guess they charge more for the convenience.

24. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Stop driving your SUV's Atlanta!

25. longfury

longfury Active Member

Any your sports cars!

Uh...wait a sec... I gotta get rid of my sports car. :(

26. Jake

Jake Active Member

everyone's overreacting and getting shafted by the gas stations. my parents said they have barely seen more than 3 cars lined up at a pump down in savannah, and they have yet to run out.

the Shell across from my neighborhood at Hickory Grove and Baker has yet to run out that I have seen. they have always had someone at the pumps and the prices have always been up. granted they are more expensive than 90% of the stations around here, they have not run out.

27. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I will never live in Atlanta. Premium here is $3.79 and we have PLENTY of it.

28. longfury

longfury Active Member

At this point I don't even want to be in the same state as Atlanta.

I have seriously been thinking about the Rockie Mountain states.

29. schneid

schneid Member

the problem is that all the broke ass failures in atlanta that come in the gas station, get a lotto ticket and put $5 on pump 5. Then they go back to the gas station the next day and do the exact same thing. Then the next day.

WOULD SOMEONE TELL THESE SCUM TO PLEASE PUT MORE THAN $5-$10 IN THEIR TANKS SO THAT REGULAR PEOPLE WHO FILL UP ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK CAN ACTUALLY FIT IN THE GAS STATION?

30. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

there was a lady at my local gas station the put $5 in an expedition yesterday...like that will do a lot of good.

31. xcritic

xcritic Member

Your Parents get there gas from the port of savannah which has plenty of fuel but is to large of a distance for trucker to go to pickup fuel for atlanta, not to mention savannah has a much smaller population

32. Jake

Jake Active Member

true.

Oh and as I left for class apparently the word got out cuz the shell was slap full of people lined up for gas

33. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

so there I was....sitting in line at QT ($4.29 for prem. :D) and some asshole next to me is leaving....he just bought his cancer death sticks and the whole time waiting to leave is 'laughing uncontrollably' at everyone sitting there waiting....then he has the balls to say "I filled up this morning!" GREAT! Go fuck off, dickhead. We don't need you in this world. OH, and enjoy your jeep that gets 17MPG!

I seriously wanted to get out of the car and punch him...and I'm not a violent person.

:unamused: at the asshole.

34. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

deathsticks LOL

35. longfury

longfury Active Member

I am hoping to fill up tonight up near my house. I could wait till tomorrow but I don't want to drive down here for work then run out while hunting for a station with premium.

36. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

go at night like 2-3 am

37. longfury

longfury Active Member

I would do something like that, but I am lazy and live in the middle of no where.

I am sure I can find some out where I am. Not as many people to make a run on the pumps.

38. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Not exactly the same.. but I have to admit my girlfriend puts $5 in her tank all the time.. been yelling at her for it for years... Only thing that makes it somewhat acceptable is that she drives a Ford Aspire, and can drive for 3 days on five bucks... but still, I understand what you mean..

39. Deke

Deke Active Member

I was out tonight anyways and thought I'd fill up (a little under half a tank). I went by probably about 7 gas stations and only one had gas, and there was a line. I hate doing lines in the wrx because it seems that they're always facing the wrong way for the side of the car that the gas tank is on :)

I'm hoping this settles down in the near future. I really don't do, nor have to do, a lot of driving due to the fact that I walk to all my classes, so I should be fine for at least a week or 2. It just makes me nervous having a low tank and then having to worry about actually finding it. Maybe I'll go out late tonight if I'm still awake and look again.

But seriously, what's the news on this? Anything indicating when things are going to get caught up. I feel like we're being kept kind of in the dark on this whole ordeal.

40. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

I went fill up yesterday, plenty of gas on the north side of the perimeter

41. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Yeah there is nothing in the Virginia Highlands. Luckily I have enough gas to get to work. Hopin for more luck in Norcross.

42. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I went to 5 gas stations when I finally found a QT that had Premium UL for $4.27 and no line. It was at Larenceville Hwy and Northlake Pkway.

43. Scotty B

Scotty B Member

i stopped in the AM/PM (used to be a BP) on the corner of meadow church and sugarloaf parkway this morning coming in to work...no lines, all grades of gas, probably a little more expensive than average but i didn't really care.

44. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

I must pass 5 or 6 with all grades every day to and from work. I work in Duluth and live in Chamblee.
    Citgo, BP, Citgo, QT and Shell all passed this am and all had gas. Staying near the fuel depot helps!

45. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

In Suwanee, Buford this am it was slim pickins. Of 10 I passed, none had premium, only 3 had 87. I really do not want to have to go on the hunt for gas.

46. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Alpharetta really sucks... Out of the 12+ stations I pass on my commute home today, only 2 had gas.. and one was the QT by my house that has never run out, but allways has huge lines... boo

47. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am going to really have to push for working from home again. My company is very against it, not sure why, but when the gas prices started climbing I asked to be able to work 4 10 hour days just to save a days worth of gas. Eventually they caved in and now that is my schedule. Since all the gas stations around me are still out, I will have to try the working from home thing again. Wish me luck.

48. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Yeah it took me almost 15 tries, but I finally found premium at the QT on Pleasant Hill and 85

49. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

The Chevron on Webb and Deerfield...the one that got a truck yesterday...the one I got gas at during lunch yesterday, was out of gas by 9:30pm!?!? :unamused:

50. schneid

schneid Member

+1 on the recommendations for the north side of the perimeter. Ive had luck going from QT to QT starting at buford hwy/n druid and going towards chamblee tucker. by the time I get to chamblee tucker i find one with 93.