more evidence of simple idiocy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mad Mallard, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

In the hurricane struck areas, there is readily available gas and it is almost .50 cheaper.

We aren't getting gas back with a disproportionate slowness to how fast they were back.

[​IMG]

...my friend lives intown near a Art's Center. I think I'll crash with him next week.

2. FACE

FACE Active Member

:sad:

3. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

i still dont understand why we are not getting gas...

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ Yup... this is getting pretty rediculous... Now my girlfriend(server at Wild Wings) isn't making any money because no one is going out anymore.. Hope we make rent.. :(

5. Mad Mallard

we are. Its being consumed disproportionately high, both compared to rate were getting it, AND compared to the rate which we consumed before the storms.

I saw reports from a couple station managers. Top-offs still account for more than half the people.

6. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

The reason we are getting gas slowly is due to the kind of gas we are required to run in the summer. The EPA lifted the regultaion earlier this week so we can use the higher sulfur gas until October 12th. Hopefully this will resolve the issues by this weekend.

7. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^have we gotten said gas yet, and could it be the reason my car is getting much better gas mileage. My current tank is on track to put out nearly 80 more miles. Trust me my driving style has not changed.

8. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I think some stations have it, and others are still using the other....shit.

I've been getting better mileage as of late as well. I _should_ have 60 miles left before empty by normal standards, but I think I can squeeze 100 more!

:banana:

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

double post FTL

10. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

MPG will go up as our gas is not required to have 10% ethanol.

11. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

And I thought I was getting better mileage b/c i just did 60k service.

12. In addition to the fact that, last I checked, gas was hovering around $100 a barrel, yet we're still paying $4+ a gallon for it..... what are they gonna do when they run out of excuses?

13. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i've seen 3 fucking people filling their RVs with fuel, i'm guessing to use as a gas store for their cars... this... is ridiculous.

14. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

What makes you think these people weren't going somewhere?

I filled up my RV so I could go to Road Atlanta.

15. Mad Mallard

there is a UGA game now...

16. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Its at least comforting (in a strange way) to know that there are some places in the country where gas is around 3 bucks.

However, the next sonofabitch I see feeding his fatass Silverado for the second day in a row is going to get a piece of my mind. I'm sick of this horse honkey.

17. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

I just saw a black Hummer H1 passing me at 80mph+, at current gas situation and he's still driving, what a punk!

18. monk

well, i've seen people filling their suvs and then start filling gas cans in the back of their suvs... so i'm more ready to believe hoarding... but you and mallard are right there is stuff going on this weekend and next. but really, if you live within a reasonable driving distance to RA or the stadium, is now really a wise time to be driving an RV?

19. Mad Mallard

I wouldn't expect this to break until at least Wednesday. And thats just supply.

Dont expect prices to break until last week of October.

IMO.

20. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

fuck cant find gas

21. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

I had to run to airport and back, so i'm down to half tank mark...sigh

22. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i dont think i am getting to work Monday.

23. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Could be the Gov't honing its craft at F*^!'n us; Atlanta is often used as a test market. This is NOT happening in other places; I have heard reports.

24. Mad Mallard

Well, in a sense. There is more than .90 a gallon in embedded taxes in the price of gasoline.

But as far as availability, no, its just a simple function of supply v demand, and idiots rocking the boat.

#$@!^@^@%$^ I just tried calling ahead to a handful of QTs on the way home. They all have their fax machines plugged in!! Now I'm pissed.

25. monk

^ my dad just got back from Tenn.(just outside of knox) and he said it's 3.49gal and all stations have gas... he didn't even know about the shortage until he got back.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  26. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Just went out to look for gas... the only stations that had it had a line about half a mile long... No bullshit.

This is fucking retarded

27. jeb

jeb Member

Yeah, I can't find premium anywhere, went to 5 stations at lunch and 2 had regular but I'm not willing to run that yet. I almost got hit by a Tahoe in the parking lot who I think was trying to jump in line in front of me even though I was just seeing what grades they had. This shit is ridiculous.

28. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Atlanta has a special blend of gas so we don't start looking like Beijing . Two actually... one for summer and one for winter. The gas companies were purposefully allowing reserves of the summer blend to go low b/c we are about to switch to the winter flavor. Then Gustav hit and shut down refineries for a few days. Then Ike hit and everyone bought gas because of some rumor that gas would be $5 a gallon by the days end. And the stupidity has run rampant since...

29. Mad Mallard

I'm missing work because of this madness.