I've Never Had This Much Fun!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mmtasty, Sep 27, 2008.

1. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

[​IMG]

I've been riding for years on several different bikes, but I've never had more fun then goofing off on this! Carving canyons on a literbike IS exciting, but as far as FUN and enjoyment goes, this tops the list. Riding up and down stairs, jumping off loading docks, trails, construction sites... AND it gets 65 MPG and cruises the highway fairly easily! It's not a highway rocket, but my wife and I cruised at 75-80 last night with ease and that's all I need. But commuting around town, it's perfect.

All I wish is the tank held another gallon of gas...

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Nice. Nothing will ever get in your way now.

3. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

So did you pick this up over the WR?

4. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

awesome! looks fun

5. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Yep! And I'm sooo glad I did. I almost ordered one sight unseen. But I drove to Florida and test rode one. BLAH! The WR's power is very flat. It's like an s2000. It also looks cheap in person. It rode well, but overall the DRZ is a MUCH better bike for a daily rider/commuter. The WR may be a little faster on a track, but 99.999999999999% of my riding isn't on a track. A DRZ is a solid bike that seems like a real motorcycle. The WR seems like one of those China made scooters you can get for $1500.

6. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Wow, interesting dood. Never heard the WR described like that. Been a big fan of the drz for a while now. 3x3 air box mod, pipe, and jet and you are set as far as power goes man. :) Btw, your drz is teh sexy.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  7. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

So how much is that thing? And what is it..... want more info. I was thinking of getting a Honda Rucus but that looks like it could be better.?

8. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

This is an '07 with 1600 miles on it... you can find them in older condition for about $3K if you look hard enough. It's called a DRZ400SM. It'll blow the doors off a Big Ruckus in every aspect, but it costs more. It would be a great beginner bike because it's light, not much plastic to scuff, great visibility, and doesn't tempt you to drag race. It does tempt you to run laps around empty parking lots though...

I'm not going to mod it for a looong time if ever because I like being stealthy. If it were loud I couldn't do parking lot raids and cut through pedestrian areas unnoticed. :naughty:

9. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Then just 3x3 and jet brotha man, do some research...everyone's all about the 3x3.

10. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I'm all about tank range! The MPG is killer, but the tank is teeny tiny. I ran out of gas on 75 today and had to hit the reserve switch! Barely made it home... I need to get every mile out of the tank I can. Right now 120 miles is all I can get... post 3x3 it'd be around 95ish...

It's plenty fun as is. Trust me.