2008 Petit LeMans

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by pEd, Sep 9, 2008.

1. xcritic

xcritic Member

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm sure someone can scoop you up!

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

if i had tickets, id give you a ride tereance. i still want to go. but i really need to work too.

aigh, confliction!!

4. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

mmtasty and his dad slept in a tent on our spot last year. They didn't seem to think it was bad at all.

5. Matt

I call big spoon.....or middle.

:gaysex:

6. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Scoop, my WRX had a scoop:wtc:

7. Dante

Dante Member

I was just trying to avoid lugging a portable grill and two coolers around. Is there a shuttle to/from the outside parking?

8. pEd

Yes, there is. You could always try calling one of us.
    We'll probably be too :beer: to drive though.

9. Matt

says you....

:p

10. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

ok. transportation for the smoker and keg has been confirmed

11. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

sweet.

Camping on cement only sucks if you don't have an air mattrres. If I can find mine I'll bring it for who ever needs it.

12. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

awesome...ive got one

13. OZrally

OZrally Member

I'll be there and the subie is running ;)

14. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Any certain time/place for a meetup on Saturday? I'm hoping I can find 93 to even drive the Subaru up there with.

15. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

I was a little worried I wasn't going to be able to go because of the whole gas thing, but now I have managed to get my old truck filled up... only problem now is, since I've waited too long to buy tickets, do you think I will have any problem just getting one at the gate? I'm guessing supply should still be plentiful on Saturday morning, right?

I was reeeeeeally wanting to drive my wagon up on Friday and park on the infield, but I'm at a quarter tank now, and I have my doubts regarding whether I will actually be able to get a tank of premium by then.

Jeez, what a pain in the ass.

16. pEd

^^ no, you wont have any problem getting tickets ( or in).

17. OZrally

OZrally Member

and no you will only find regular unleaded around the track. I work near the track and have a very hard time finding anything else but regular gas.

18. GeoffM

GeoffM Member

i'll see ya'll there, where is keg and smoker going to be parked....:bowdown:

i'll throw in

19. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Ok peeps....what kind of keg does everyone want?

I was thinking Sweetwater 420

20. 2thAche

2thAche Member

I'd be in on 420. Ale FTW.

21. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

the dudebrah said she didn't want 420, doesn't like it I guess

mike I might need use of the air mattress if you can find it. let me know so I can make plans otherwise

22. illepokok

illepokok Member

I checked the rv and it wasn't in there. Looks like one of the people who rented the rv kept it.

23. 2thAche

2thAche Member

We're going to bring a cooler full of stuff. See you guys some time Saturday.

24. Jake

Jake Active Member

if someone needs to borrow an air mattress I have one that plugs into an outlet. you are more than welcome to it as long as i get it back.

p.s. it leaks air but not a whole lot, and is easily remedied with a quick push of the button.

25. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I will be there. Any thing I need to bring?

26. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Just lay on top of someone else :coolugh:

27. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

started making batches of rub today. going to pick up 6 pork shoulders for tomorrow

do you guys want to bring some things like plates/cups and shit, maybe some buns for pork sandwiches, etc

28. Matt

2thache...is your brother in law beer:30 from nasioc? if so, I know him... :D

29. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Yea he is. We'll be there on Sat. I think we'll just park by you all, since last year parking was a bitch.

30. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Is there a map as to where we are parking?

31. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

just trimmed 35 lbs of pork shoulders for tomorrow. mmm mmmmmmm

actually they look really fuckin gross right now. I got picnics and had to trim all the skin off

32. Matt

Go to the skidpad between 6 and 7 and 8. You'll se my car in front of the RV

33. Dante

Dante Member

Hey all, we're trying to get in about 9-9:30am tomorrow morning. We'll park where ever we can and then walk around and look for you guys. Sounds like you'll all be down at the skid pad. I don't think I've seen the new one, but it'll be easy to find. ENJOY! :ddirty:

34. OZrally

OZrally Member

Infield parking $40 on top of the ticket price.

For those who are not parking in the infield you will either park near the will call building or over at Lanier Race Way and ride the shuttle to the track. Now I work at Stand 21 and we have a spot just to right of our building where about 10-15 cars could park. I'll let my boss know that wrxAtlanta is looking for a central location for parking and see if we can allow just members from wrxAtlanta park at our building. We are located between the Skip Barber School and the will call building.

If I can get a number of people that will not be parking in the infield that would be best. I will keep everyone posted on whether wrxAtlanta can centrally park at Stand21 or not. If this can happen please try to make it Subaru’s only so that it will look like other cars are not invited. Having our parking filled up by non customers is the last thing we need with all this craziness going on.

Please let me know if will suit everyone for a central location to park at before I go hang out on a limb.

-Kelsey

35. OZrally

OZrally Member

So If everyone would like to meet or park at Stand21, everything is a go! I talked to my boss and he said that this would be no problem. Let me know if anyone would like to even have a central location to park. If so I'll park my car in the area where everyone need to park and I'll put a big MARTA cone in front of my car for easy ID. I know this is kinda last minute but please let me know.

-Kelsey

36. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

I went today and watched some of the qualifying, along with the Mazda Spec race and the TDI qualifying. Tomorrow's race is going to kick ass- we will see Audi get a heck of a run for their money. (The Peugot actually qualified first.)

I don't know any of you guys, but if nobody minds, I might stop by and at least say "hey" to you fellow Subie owners. I plan to be well stocked with beer, but if I have any food, I'll be sure to throw in.

I mentioned being worried about gas earlier, but I was excited to find out that a Shell near me is well stocked with Premium, so I'm riding in the wagon again. :) If you see a blue 2004 WRX wagon with an STi scoop, give a yell.

37. OZrally

OZrally Member

so i guess you will me parking in the infield?

38. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

Yeah... I finally bucked up this year and bought an infield pass. I'm not sure where I'll be, though. At first, I'm meeting some friends early in the morning, and they are usually at the bottom of turn six, near the new chicane. I'm guessing I will probably park near there if room allows. (I'm going to try and get in by 7:00, providing that tonight's drinking doesn't wear me out too bad....)

39. xcritic

xcritic Member

Be on the look out for a black 06 STI I need the best parking possible because I got alot of crap to lug around. I'll come to your station in the am.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  40. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

See you guys in the morning!

41. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

See everyone tomorrow!

42. OZrally

OZrally Member

I parked my car where you would need to park. Just look for the Silver Legacy with a MARTA cone next to it. When you come in just look a little to the right and you will see our BIG Stand21 sign. Just pull in through the cones and park next to me.

-Kelsey

43. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Man, I sure do miss PLM. I had a total blast in 2006!!. I hope that you guys have a great time. I watched some qualifying on Speed channel, and the new Audi's are looking hot!!.

Mark

44. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Great meeting everyone out there, found a bunch of other WRX ppl. We finally found 2pt5RS and Ped and others at the end of the race. It was perfect weather, had a great day. Some pics below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

45. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

paging 2pt5rs to post his pictures. ^^check out my arm its hot

46. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

We need to get A subaru parking area next year I saw a bunch of them.

47. Matt

48. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

sorely lacking pictures of drunken shenanigans.

you = fail

49. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

DAMNIT ! i wish i went.

50. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Nice pics! It was good to see you guys I had a good time.