Joe Biden says Obama is not ready for the white house

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 4sevens, Oct 5, 2008.

1. 4sevens

4sevens Member

This has been out for a while but I'm still in complete shock that
    Obama's own running mate doesn't believe Obama can do the job.

IMHO those voting for Nobama are insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpjAs4vtc1w

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

-1 for me.

I am insane i guess.

Sarah Palin doesn't believe in evolution and thinks that creationism should be taught in every classroom.

Reason enough i will not vote for MaCain

That and.

"Hmmmmmm, let me think: right wing bully; no executive experience (running a town with fewer residents than my high school had students and a state with fewer people than a large US city is not impressive); bachelors degree after attending 6 colleges (boy, communications must be a really tough major!); seeking to prevent safe sex education for children while publicly proclaiming pride because her 17-year old pregnant daughter intends to marry a 19-year old high school drop-out; denying human impact on global warming; having absolutely no foreign policy credibility in an era where global policy decisions will determine the future of our country...given the above, I'm thinking SHE's not the idiot. Undoubtedly, she can read one heck of a speech from a teleprompter! But wait, isn't that what sportscasters are supposed to do? After eight years of incompetence on the world stage, it is stunning that Palin could be considered a credible VP candidate"

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  3. 4sevens

4sevens Member

How do you think obama is going to run his administration when even his #2
    doesn't think he's ready? Thats just insane. He really was compensating for
    something when he picked Biden - I believe it was not an easy choice.
    They knew very well Biden was an honorable man who would not double talk.
    Did you see obama's expression when Biden said he would stand behind his
    statement? :rofl:

4. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

god you people ever shutup with your political bullshit opinions

5. 4sevens

4sevens Member

We're talking about the future of USA - at least the next 4 years.
    Whether you like it or not, you as well as everyone else will be affected by
    who ends up in the white house. Apathy is not an option unless you really
    don't care about yourself or anything for that matter. :p

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

don't you know ALL politicians are hypocrites and flip-floppers. you're an idiot to read anything into the seriousness of a politician PERIOD. everyone either has a shady background, a history of going back on their word, or like 90% of them are hypocrites.

why do you care??

don't vote for them because of who they are or what they did, vote for them because of what their party stands for. because I assure you that 99.99999999% of the presidents decisions aren't made of because what he/she believes in or thinks is right, but because of what the people who got him/her there want to happen. So if a democrat wins the election then the democrats will have the final say on how the country is governed, NOT Obama!!!

7. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Mccain FTW +1000

8. 4sevens

4sevens Member

I don't agree that one should vote MERELY for what they stand for.
    The character of the potential leader as well as the whole team means a lot.
    Clinton before he was elected he made a HUGE promise that he would give the
    middle class a significant tax cut. One month into being a president he
    not only announced that he will not give the middle class a cut but that there
    will be an INCREASE. I don't think you can only bank on pre-election
    promises. The fact is, Nobama has changed his position many times already
    during his campaign. What keeps him from changing again when he's in office?
    Haha - litterally he's for change. Empty promises. :hsnono:

Those of you who think I'm in the mccain camp. No I am not. I am still undecided.
    I'm going to make an educated and informed vote based on my understanding of the
    real situation. I think this is the least one should do as a citizen of one of the greatest
    countries in the world.

9. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I hope you realize they are all in the pockets of big business, and you are seriously delusional if you think the candidates are really that different from each other.

also, has anyone EVER had their opinion/convictions changed by a bunch of bullshit they read on the internet? I didn't think so.

"hey bob, this guy on the internet really had some good points and youtube videos to back it up. I think now I'm religious, hate abortion, and I want to buy a gun!"

gimme a break.

right. this is why you keep calling him Nobama. at least be an adult with your opinions.

10. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

it's a mccain political ad

11. 4sevens

4sevens Member

haha I can call him nobama all day, that doesn't preclude that I'm pro-mccain. I like that Nobama! :rofl:

nicad, given your previous statements that apply to BOTH candidtates. I'd like to hear your choice.

12. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I'm so goddamn jaded that I'd like to hang all of them for treason. They've pretty much all broken the law and knowingly violated the constitution.

disclaimer: I am not a wacko

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

thats what i'm saying you dingleberrry!!

you can't believe ANYTHING a presidential candidate promises. if you do you're a gullible idiot, especially if you vote for a candidate based on their promises. things happen once they get in office that are usually beyond their control (i.e. 9/11). or like was said, their big money interests want their way for donating to the campaigns.

14. 4sevens

4sevens Member

you and I - we're not so different

back to my original topic - it just amazes me that #2 would openly speak out
    against #1 and that #1 would knowingly choose that #2. What has this
    country come to?

15. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I am not voting for either....I am a Libertarian all the way...less government intervention FTW!!.

Mark

16. Jake

Jake Active Member

you know its not that unusual for a party candidate to choose a former party adversary. biden said those things about obama BEFORE they were running mates.

its usually (99.9% of the time it happens anyways) a smart move to pick someone who shares your political stand-points but also has some drastically different ideals.

hence compromise.

its what our fucking country was built on for christ's sake

17. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I am open minded, but not ignorant. Anyone who does not research for themselves, and relies on the media, does not deserve to vote.

That is old news! That was over a year ago. Did you bother to research the complete versions of the snippets? Did you bother to google the more recent interview of Joe Biden? Joe Biden stood by the statement, never denyed it, THEN acknowledges that Obama has learned a hell of a lot. He took the time to learn what he was either lacking, or new issues that arose to shift his views to adapt. On McCain snippet, the interview shows that Biden says he is good friends with McCain, AND would be happy to run WITH EITHER CANDIDATE. To top it off, that interview was on comedy central, lol. Scarcasm was all over the place!

McCain, to me, is not a horrible choice. I will say that I do not like his views on the war and economics. He has seen a lot of the changes in this country, but is not willing to adapt to the current times. He is extremely patriotic and will (seemingly) do any/every thing for the US. His lack of economic policy, along with his VP's lack of everything...scares me. Palin was his biggest flaw. To me, picking her shows that he is not serious about the Presidency.

As far as Obama goes, to me, is a big picture guy. I think he does want to change the US and the world in 4 years. We all know he can't, but to get the ball rolling would be awesome. His views allow for a more "at home" focus. Bring the much needed attention BACK to the US. That goes for security, jobs, and $$. He knows his stuff, he picked a VP to compliment where he feels he lacks. Who better to pick than the person who watched you transform and CHANGE, lol!

Palin......is a puppet. If someone doesn't like it, sorry. McCain's worst move this WHOLE election was choosing her. As I type this, Fox5 has her getting off a plane spewing garbage that Obama has ties to a terroist group that is former professor started. WTF? If I dimed out some of my extremist professors from college, GSU would be hiring! They have her saying the things McCain dare not say. She has set women back 50yrs. Hilary should drop kick her ass in the head.

Biden.....experience, experience, experience. No president (at least that I can think of) knew every facet of business, economics, foreign policy, etc. Biden picks up where Obama may leave off. Combining his experience w/ that off Obama witty mind and open mind is a great combo.

Cliffs
    -Video is a snippet of interviews to make Obama/Biden look stupid. After research, concluded bullshit campaign ploy
    -McCain shot himself in the foot choosing Palin
    -Palin is a mindless puppet/soccer mom
    -Biden is an old guy that is a foreign policy guru
    -Obama can think for himself, learns, and adapts

*DISCLAIMER*
    Not taking shots at anyone. I really don't like politics

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  18. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

"I think it's fair to talk about where Barack Obama kicked off his political career, in the guy's living room." - Palin referring to Obama having attended a Democratic meeting at the guy who started the weather--- underground group.

I wonder where Palin started her career? in a Bear's Vagina? Oh wait, she hasn't started it yet.

19. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Yeah, I can't wait for her to realize that they are using her, lol.

20. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

It goes much further than Ayers just launching Obama's political career. They were also on the same board of governors or whatever you want to call it for the Anneberg Challenge, and two other projects that accomplished nothing. Ayers and his wife also got Obama the job at the Law Firm where he did nothing. It has more to do with the fact that rather than admit his ties to Ayers, Obama tries to hide it by saying he is just someone in the neighborhood. If he would have come out up front about it, I would have more respect for Obama.

As for Palin, at the moment, she is a puppet, but she has only been at this for 5 weeks. It took Obama 18 months to learn enough for Biden to reverse his statement that Obama is not ready, along with being tapped as the VP.

To me, the biggest bonus of Palin is the fact that she is not a Washington insider, and that she lacks experience. She hasn't been corrupted by government yet, so there may be hope for her yet.

As for the Creationism claim, that has already been debunked. She stated that it should not be taught in schools, but if discussion comes up about it, it should not be off limits.

For someone who runs on a campaign of Change, it undermines his whole message to tap Joe Biden, one of the longest sitting senators in this government. That is not change.

21. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Palin is obviously in there to catch the less than 2 years at college if any college education at all women at home crowd...Oh, and for the record, living in Alaska does not make Russia your neighbor and or give you any insight to their foreign policies :slap:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008
  22. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

And the true crackpots arrive

23. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Haha, but I love Dr No :wiggle:

24. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

If anybody's opinion gets changed by this thread please let me know.

25. techlord

techlord Active Member

just a few things.
    Obama has requested 1 mil for everyday he has been in the senate for - PORK spending
    McCain - over 7000 days not one penny.

Obama - wants change but how many times did he veer from his party's vote? I cannot fine ONE.

McCain has made a career of doing what is right.

Who is linked to ACORN a seriously corrupt organization and partly responsible for the economic disaster? Going back to his days in chicago legislature...YES Obama.

Just a few reasons why I am voting McCain. Palin is a non issue to me yes she can be taught, Clinton had to be.

26. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

If you think Obama isn't ready, he can learn too ;)

Btw nice database of how many times hes voted against.
    http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/o000167/votes/against-party/

Doing what is right?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7654311.stm

Nice.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  27. xcritic

xcritic Member

Will you please stop feeding this machine of lies. Do you know when that was said...when Biden was running against Obama for the presidential spot. You do realize that people say things that they do and don't mean when running for elections. If you honestly believe that electing either candidate will change you life in any way, you are a fool. Everything they have done and said in the past has a political agenda.

With that said vote for what you can actually see ie. experience, not some tangible idea like change or things they claim they will do. Remember just because a president proposes something like health care or lower taxes, does not mean it will happen. These things need to pass through senate and the house of reps to be passed, and all those people have agendas.

28. xcritic

xcritic Member

Palin isn't even an issue shes just a tool to get conservative christians. McCain isn't going to drop dead...have you seen his mom? Seriously if Dick Chaney can survive with all his heart issue I think McCain will be just fine and Palin will never come into play.

29. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

^^^Lol @ McCain being old, lol.

Geez I'm bored at work.

30. techlord

techlord Active Member

wash post and BBC! LOL

31. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

The above can be found everywhere, just the first links that came up when i Googled.

32. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

what's wrong with the BBC? far better than the circus that is cable news in this country....

33. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

re: OP

regardless of who you vote for, it comes down to the fact that you are still voting for the "best of the kennel club", wrapped in multimillion dollar ad-agency packaging.

It's been this way for the last 40+ years. But hey, thanks for playing along.

34. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Palin is very much is an issue. The role of the VP is to support the president, give advice, and handle other matters, etc. Is she really ready to do that after being just a governor for a couple years?

Now I can't argue that the time Obama has spent in the Senate is rather minimal. However that does not scare me. His voting record is solid and the choices he has made in this campaign have been wise ones. There's a reason the economists, scientists, and other professionals are backing this man and not McCain, in most cases.

Now McCain keeps going on about how hes in for change as well. I find this hard to believe considering since the Bush administration has been in his history or crossing party lines seems to have diminished drastically and has voted most of the time with his own party. It's nice to have loyalty, but when it doesn't benefit the people whats the point?

35. MarkM2016GTI

Interesting Read on NoBama....This is just a snippet.

>> The New York Times carried a story on
    >> Saturday, October 4, 2008, that proved you had a
    >> significantly closer relationship with Bill Ayers than what
    >> you previously admitted. While the issue of your
    >> relationship is of concern, the greater concern is that you
    >> lied to America about it.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> The Chicago Sun reported on May 8, 2008,
    >> that FBI records showed that you had a significantly closer
    >> relationship with Tony Rezko than what you previously
    >> admitted. In the interview, you said that you only saw Mr.
    >> Rezko a couple of times a year. The FBI files showed that
    >> you saw him weekly. While the issue of your relationship is
    >> of concern, the greater concern is that you lied to America
    >> about it.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Your speech in Philadelphia on March 18,
    >> 2008, about "race" contradicted your statement to
    >> Anderson Cooper on March 14 when you said that you never
    >> heard Reverend Wright make his negative statements about
    >> white America . While your attendance at Trinity Church
    >> for 20 years is of concern, the greater concern is that you
    >> lied to America on March 14.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> In your 1st debate with John McCain, you
    >> said that you never said that you would meet with the
    >> leaders of Cuba, Venezuela, Iran, and North Korea without
    >> "preparations" at lower levels ... Joe Biden
    >> repeated your words in his debate with Sarah Palin ... While
    >> the video tape from your debate last February clearly shows
    >> that you answered "I would" to the question of
    >> meeting with those leaders within 12 months without
    >> "any" preconditions. While your judgement about
    >> meeting with enemies of the USA without pre-conditions is of
    >> concern, the greater concern is that you lied to America in
    >> the debate with McCain.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> On July 14, 2008, you said that you
    >> always knew that the surge would work while the video tapes
    >> of you from more than a year ago show that you stated that
    >> the surge would not work. While your judgement about
    >> military strategy as a potential commander-in-chief is of
    >> concern, the greater concern is that you lied to America on
    >> July 14.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> You now claim that your reason for voting
    >> against funding for the troops was because the bill did not
    >> include a time line for withdrawal, while the video tapes of
    >> you from more than a year ago show that you voted against
    >> additional funding because you wanted our troops to be
    >> removed immediately ... Not in 16 months after the 2008
    >> election as you now claim. While your judgement about
    >> removing our troops unilaterally in 2007 is of concern, the
    >> greater concern is that you lied to America about your
    >> previous position.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> You claim to have a record of working
    >> with Republicans while the record shows that the only bill
    >> that you sponsored with a Republican was with Chuck Lugar
    >> ... And it failed. The record shows that you vote 97% in
    >> concert with the Democrat party and that you have the most
    >> liberal voting record in the Senate. You joined Republicans
    >> only 13% of the time in your votes and those 13% were only
    >> after agreement from the Democrat party. While it is of
    >> concern that you fail to include conservatives in your
    >> actions and that you are such a liberal, the greater concern
    >> is that you distorted the truth.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> In the primary debates of last February,
    >> 2008, you claimed to have talked with a "Captain"
    >> of a platoon in Afghanistan "the other day" when
    >> in fact you had a discussion in 2003 with a Lieutenant who
    >> had just been deployed to Afghanistan . You lied in that
    >> debate.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> In your debates last spring, you claimed
    >> to have been a "professor of Constitutional law"
    >> when in fact you have never been a professor of
    >> Constitutional law. In this last debate, you were careful
    >> to say that you "taught a law class" and never
    >> mentioned being a "professor of Constitutional
    >> law." You lied last spring.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> You and Joe Biden both claimed that John
    >> McCain voted against additional funding for our troops when
    >> the actual records show the opposite. You distorted the
    >> truth.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> You and Joe Biden claim that John McCain
    >> voted against funding for alternate energy sources 20 times
    >> when the record shows that John McCain specifically voted
    >> against funding for bio fuels, especially corn ... and he
    >> was right .... corn is too expensive at producing ethanol,
    >> and using corn to make ethanol increased the price of corn
    >> from $2 a bushel to $6 a bushel for food. You distorted
    >> the truth.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> voted like both of you for a tax increase on those making as
    >> little as $42,000 per year while the voting record clearly
    >> shows that John McCain did not vote as you and Joe Biden.
    >> You lied to America .
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> voted with George W. Bush 90% of the time when you know that
    >> Democrats also vote 90% of the time with the President
    >> (including Joe Biden) because the vast majority of the votes
    >> are procedural. You are one of the few who has not voted
    >> 90% of the time with the president because you have been
    >> missing from the Senate since the day you got elected.
    >> While your absence from your job in the Senate is of
    >> concern, the greater concern is that you spin the facts.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> You did not take an active role in the
    >> rescue plan. You claimed that the Senate did not need you
    >> while the real reason that you abstained was because of your
    >> close relationships with the executives of Fannie Mae,
    >> Freddie Mac, Countrywide, and Acorn ... who all helped cause
    >> the financial problems of today ... and they all made major
    >> contributions to your campaign. While your relationship
    >> with these executives and your protection of them for your
    >> brief 3 years in the Senate (along with Barney Frank, Chuck
    >> Schumer, Maxine Waters, and Chris Dodd) is of concern, the
    >> greater concern is that you are being deceitful.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> You forgot to mention that you personally
    >> represented Tony Rezko and Acorn. Tony Rezko, an Arab and
    >> close friend to you, was convicted of fraud in Chicago real
    >> estate transactions that bilked millions of tax dollars from
    >> the Illinois government for renovation projects that you
    >> sponsored as a state senator ... and Acorn has been
    >> convicted of voter fraud, real estate sub prime loan
    >> intimidation, and illegal campaign contributions. Tony
    >> Rezko has contributed hundreds of thousands of dollars to
    >> your political campaigns. You personally used your
    >> political positions to steer money to both Tony Rezko and
    >> Acorn and you used Acorn to register thousands of phony
    >> voters for Democrats and you. While your relationships with
    >> Rezko and Acorn are of concern, the greater concern is that
    >> you omitted important facts about your relationships with
    >> them to America .
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> During your campaign, you said:
    >> "typical white person." "They cling to their
    >> guns and religion." "They will say that I am
    >> black." You played the race card. You tried to label
    >> any criticism about you as racist. You divide America .
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> You claim that you will reduce taxes for
    >> 95% of America , but you forgot to tell America that those
    >> reductions are after you remove the Bush tax reductions.
    >> You have requested close to $1 billion in earmarks and
    >> several million for Acorn. Your social programs will cost
    >> America $1 trillion per year and you claim that a reduction
    >> in military spending ($100 billion for Iraq ) can pay for
    >> it. While your economic plan of adding 30% to the size of
    >> our federal government is of concern, the greater concern is
    >> that you are deceiving America .
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> The drain to America 's economy by
    >> foreign supplied oil is $700 billion per year (5% of GDP)
    >> while the war in Iraq is $100 billion (less than 1% of GDP).
    >> You voted against any increases to oil exploration for the
    >> last 3 years and any expansion of nuclear facilities. Yet
    >> today, you say that you have always been for more oil and
    >> more nuclear. You are lying to America .
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Mr. Obama, you claimed that you
    >> "changed" your mind about public financing for
    >> your campaign because of the money spent by Republican PACs
    >> in 2004. The truth is that the Democrat PACs in 2004,
    >> 2006, and 2008 spent twice as much as the Republican PACs
    >> (especially George Soros and MoveOn.org). You are lying to
    >> America .
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Mr. Obama, you have done nothing to stop
    >> the actions of the teachers union and college professors in
    >> the USA . They eliminated religion from our history. They
    >> teach pro gay agendas and discuss sex with students as young
    >> as first grade. They bring their personal politics into the
    >> classrooms. They disparage conservatives. They brainwash
    >> our children. They are in it for themselves ..... not
    >> America . Are you reluctant to condemn their actions
    >> because teachers/professors and the NEA contribute 25% of
    >> all money donated to Democrats and none to Republicans? You
    >> are deceiving America .
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Oh, Mr. Obama, Teddy Roosevelt said about
    >> a hundred years ago that we Americans should first look at
    >> the character of our leaders before anything else.
    >>
    >> Your character looks horrible. While you
    >> make good speeches, motivating speeches, your character does
    >> not match your rhetoric. You talk the talk, but do not walk
    >> the walk.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> 1. You lied to America . You lied many
    >> times. You distorted facts. You parsed your answers like a
    >> lawyer.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> 2. You distorted the record of John
    >> McCain in your words and in your advertisements.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> 3. You had associations with some very
    >> bad people for your personal political gains and then lied
    >> about those associations.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>

Mark

36. MarkM2016GTI

Oh....and btw opinions are like a-holes...everyone has 1....I get sick of all of this childish mudslinging and if you have an opinion, keep it to yourself...I will be soooo freakin' glad when Tuesday is come and gone...This was probably one of the very worst political races that I have ever seen in my life....so sick of it....and for all of the dumb ass media that keep saying Obama is African-American...he is bi-racial for crying out loud...get with the program..just had to vent...I am normally not like this, but politics is NOT a good thing to bring up on a damn forum...

Mark:mad:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  37. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

then why are you bringing it up?

also, politicians lie. zomg stop the presses

38. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

Don't worry.

Our representative government, one way or another, assures that we always get the government we deserve.

39. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

This forum is very open about everything. I dont think anything is out of scope. We may stuff like "OMFG I HATE YOU I WILL FUCK YOUR MOM HARD AS HELL UNTIL SHE CRIES". But i doubt anyone really means it
    :ddirty:

40. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

LOL's^

41. MarkM2016GTI

Oh...believe me..I know..I have been on here for almost 4 years and have seen it all...and it is not easy being one of the older members on here....I was just voicing my opinion btw and I will stand with that forever...LOL....These forums have done a 360..there are soooo many members now...

Mark:ddirty:

42. MarkM2016GTI

Because I want to..end of story...just venting as I said..I am sure that some issues get you going also...

Mark

43. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

+1 for four years 0_0.