TopSpeed - Coilover Special - STANCE-USA!!!!

Discussion in 'TopSpeed' started by Tray@topspeed, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Tray@topspeed

Tray@topspeed Member

Just letting you guys know that I have some really good deals going on with Stance Products. If you are not familiar with Stance. They make some very nice stuff and very affordable. Their customer service is superb! They are not some chinese cheapy coilover like many on the market today. If you look on the many forums out there they have great customer feedback. I am using their GR+3 Ways on my upcoming 2009 Time Attack car this year. If you have any questions on the product line let me know. I would be happy to assist you!

[​IMG]
    The GR+ is our flagship line. It features 15-way damping adjustable monotube shocks, which allows the driver to fine-tune the handling and ride. A separate lower bracket allows the ride height to be adjusted without sacrificing stroke. Spherical bearings are used to give the driver greater feedback. Inverted monotube shocks are utilized on strut types for greater rigidity and heat dissipation. Camber adjustable upper mounts are used on strut types.

Subaru Vehicle Applications:
    Impreza 93-01 7k/5k $1429 (Retail) PM FOR SPECIAL PRICING!!!

WRX/STi 02-07 8k/6k $1429 (Retail) PM FOR SPECIAL PRICING!!!

STi 05-07 8k/6k $1429 (Retail) PM FOR SPECIAL PRICING!!!

Forester 02-07 6k/6k $1429 (Retail) PM FOR SPECIAL PRICING!!!

Legacy 05-07 6k/6k $1429 (Retail) PM FOR SPECIAL PRICING!!!

[​IMG]
    GR+ Pro coilover has all the features of the GR+ but adds the benefit of a helper spring. The helper spring allows the shock piston to be placed in the optimal position within the shock body, increasing rebound stroke, and maximizing articulation on cars with minimum suspension travel.
    GC6/8 93-01 11k/9k $1529 (Retail) PM FOR SPECIAL PRICING!!!

WRX/STi(04) 02-07 11k/9k $1529 (Retail) PM FOR SPECIAL PRICING!!!

GDB STi 05-07 11k/9k $1529 (Retail) PM FOR SPECIAL PRICING!!!

SS-D The Special Setting Dampers were developed to meet the special demands of the circuit. The SS-D is valved to work in conjunction with race tires to maximize traction. The GR+ Pro SS-D were used to win national titles in both drifting and time attack; setting the highest benchmark for itself - winning.

WRX/STi(04) 02-07 8k/6k $1529 (Retail) PM FOR SPECIAL PRICING!!!

STi 05-07 8k/6k $1529 (Retail) PM FOR SPECIAL PRICING!!!

[​IMG]
    AL+ has all the features of the GR+ Pro, but uses an anodized forged aluminum shock body. This increases anti-corrosion properties while reducing unsprung mass, enhancing all aspects of performance without any drawbacks.

GDB 02-04 8K/6K [200mm/250mm] $2495 (Retail) PM FOR SPECIAL PRICING!!!

GDB/STi 05-07 8K/6K [200mm/250mm] $2495 (Retail) PM FOR SPECIAL PRICING!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GR+3 Way is our top of the line coilover. The GR+ 3 features 3-way adjustability, enabling the driver to fine tune low-speed and high-speed bump separately from rebound. An external reservoir is connected to the damper using specially designed fittings that allow the line to swivel and disconnect for packaging and servicing convenience. An optional tool is also available to adjust the gas pressure to give the driver the ultimate adjustment control.

General Tech data on these coilovers for your Subaru the shock body is 53mm in diameter with a 47mm shock piston. All Stance coilovers are monotube for better damping control and anti-fatigue
    characteristics. For the Subaru Impreza application, being MacPherson on all four corners, they are inverted which gives the shocks better heat dissipation for high severity conditions, like at the track. Another benefit the Impreza applications have is that all four corners come with camber plates for increased camber adjustment. This is a very simple concept, but is something that is overlooked by most other coilover manufacturers. The standard spring rates are 8K/6K on the GR+/GR+ Pro,
    but for those looking for a stiffer spring rate to take advantage of R-Compound tires can get the SS-D which is valved for 11K/9K. We can also have custom valved coilovers made for custom spring rates.

Special with any Coilover System purchases recieve a free Stance-USA T-shirt.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any questions please let me know.

Tray M
    TopSpeed Inc
    866-94SPEED
    McConchie.Tray@gmail.com

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

can you pm me a price on the gr+ for a 93-01 impreza please?

3. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

Can you PM me a price for GR+ for a 2002 WRX.

4. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

pm me price on the GR+ and GR+ PRO. thanks

5. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Pricing for WRX/STi 02-07 8k/6k please!

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

So I take it they fixed the fitment issues eh?

7. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

PM Pricing for Legacy GT GR+

8. Tray@topspeed

Tray@topspeed Member

hey guys, I'm on vacation right this sec. I'll be back Monday morning first thing. I'm limited with Internet. Using my iPhone. Alex, About their fitment issues. They had a problem with their first batch. They didn't have brake line brackets. Those issues have been addressed a long time ago. Their customer service is top notch. I'll talk with you guys Monday morning. Have a good weekend!

Tray M
    TopSpeed Inc
    866-94SPEED
    McConchie.Tray@gmail.com

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure he's asking people to PM HIM with pricing questions.

:p

10. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Yeah, well, that requires more buttons to push on our end.

11. Brian

Brian Active Member

I'd like to hear SS chime in w/ a comparison to Megan CO's.

12. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

There will be a full review of the Stance's after Tuesday's track day. We are also now carrying the BC's which are one step up from the Meagan's... (one of these will be on my RST soon)

Siegel

13. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

The BC's are what I am running. I am VERY happy with them.

14. Tray@topspeed

Tray@topspeed Member

15. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Yup I just got a set of their new 08sti's, that I had custom valved and sprung. If they turn out to rock then BC will continue to custom valve and change the spring rates for us to sell.

Expect a full write up soon along with crazy deals.

Doug

16. Tray@topspeed

Tray@topspeed Member

Bump for Stance!!!

17. Biggis

Biggis Member

it makes me a sad panda that all the models shown are named GR without actually fitting the GR chassis.

Thats like oreos being named nutter butters. :unamused:

it ain't right.

18. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Ill keep an eye out.

19. techlord

techlord Active Member

Same quote for me please

20. Tray@topspeed

Tray@topspeed Member

Sent you a PM!

21. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I was going to PM you these questions but thought this might help others.

I have read these are made in Japan and not China, is that true?

When will you have an unbiased review on the setup?

22. Tray@topspeed

Tray@topspeed Member

They are from Japan. Not China. Scott said he was going to write something up today.

23. Tray@topspeed

Tray@topspeed Member

Here is a Stance Review found here on Nasioc.com

Stance coilover review
    I installed my STANCE coilovers from www.stancesus.com last month and now I'm finally writing my review. When I was looking for coilovers, a couple of my friends with 240s had them and told me about them and how much better they were than their old coilovers (Tein HEs, Tein FLEXes, Silk Roads, HKS Hipermax IIs, Megan Racing). STANCE apparently has a growing reputation in the drift scene. I was a bit hesitant with other coilovers because my car is my daily driver so I didn't want to have a kidney-busting ride. When I first went on their website, they didn't have anything for the 05+ STis, and for the WRX coilovers, they had a 6k/4k spring rate so I wasn't very interested. Then I checked again last month and they had something out for the 05+ STis with a 8k/6k spring rate. But, because they were new, I figured I'd be one of the first STi owners with the coilovers which was a bit of a risk on my part. However, they had everything I wanted: inverted monotube, 15-way damping adjustability, upper camber plates. A buddy of mine got me a good deal through STANCE because I'd basically become their "test mule".

When I opened the box, the first thing I noticed was the beefiness of the coilovers. Brackets were nice and thick and the shock body was huge! The shocks have a 52mm valving diameter which is HUGE even in comparison to DMS50s which has a 50mm valving and it's used to rally! The installation however had a few hiccups. While installing the fronts the paint on the mounting brackets was a little thick so it had to be pushed out a little with a pry bar to make it work.

The dampers were set at 7 and the car would get a bit floaty over big bumps and still bounce over the small ones and got me a bit nauseous (there's massive construction going on the main street I live off of). Then the next day I went over to NTB, I got an alignment done (I forget the exact height numbers, but the front are as low as you can go without hitting the CV boot and the rear is about a half inch lower, -2 camber front, -1.5 camber rear, 0 toe all around) and dialed down the dampers to 5 all the way around. With the dampers set at 5, I immediately noticed a difference the damping. The car was no longer twitchy over bumps and to my surprise, the car actually rode BETTER THAN STOCK! I figured I liked them at 5 for the street and anything lower would probably lead to the overdamped bobblehead effect the stock suspension has.

Then came the fun part I noticed under hard cornering, 1: that body roll was greatly reduced 2: the front pushes much, much less 3: the rear rotates very well. I figure with some sway bars and endlinks it will only improve 1-3. So in short, I absolutely love my STANCEs and as of now, it's my single favorite mod and I want to go a hardcore suspension/braking route now rather than increasing power. And it's also great because I can adjust the damping and increase it for the occasional track days, then dial it down for the street and actually have a comfortable ride. Also, about the rear perches not clearing stock wheels, I met a guy the other day at Touge Factory buying some for his WRX, I'll try to see if he was able to make it work with his stock wheels.

(EarlQHan - Nasioc.com )

Tray M
    TopSpeed Inc.
    866-94SPEED
    www.topspeedsales.com

24. Tray@topspeed

Tray@topspeed Member

Here is a Stance Review found on Evolutionm.net

Well I installed my set of stance gr+ pro w/ssd's a few days ago and came back from the autobahn country club in joliet today and they are fantastic! I had extremely aggressive spring rates 12k front and 14k rears (I dont mind a harsh ride) and they performed phenomenally on the track. I also had an instructor from team stradale (the guy drives ferraris, modded bmw's, etc) and he said the handling was awesome and he was in awe himself.

Keep in mind this is the only chassis/suspension mod I have except about 180lb weight shedding from the car!

(notenoughhp - Evolutionm.net)

Tray M
    TopSpeed Inc.
    866-94SPEED
    www.topspeedsales.com

25. Tray@topspeed

Tray@topspeed Member

Stance Coilover Review - on IWSTi.com
    I had a set of the GR+3 Ways on track Tuesday and was HIGHLY impressed. It was an '05 STi with Kumho V710's and I only got a few laps, but for those few laps my first impression was that it was one of the most planted, stable setups I have ever driven - which of course just means I wasn't going fast enough

(Siegel-Racing - IWSTI.com)

Tray M
    TopSpeed Inc.
    866-94SPEED
    www.topspeedsales.com

26. Tray@topspeed

Tray@topspeed Member

Here is a Stance Review found on Wrxatlanta.com

Stance Coilovers a must have!
    Looking for new coilovers? I have a 2005 STi that recently had a new set of Stance coilovers installed at Top Speed. Just finished the first track day on them and WOW!!!! These are fantastic! Incredibly stable and great adjustment range. I have the full 3-way adjustables and I am extremely satisfied. I have had high end Tein and Eibach systems in the past to base my comparison on. These compare to coilovers that exceed $4000(Race Comps or KW's) for half the price. If you are serious about a great set of coilovers I strongly suggest you call Trey at Top Speed Perfomance. Scott Siegel helped me with the set-up at the track and he was also very impressed with the feel and performance this suspension delivers after turning a few hot laps. Great pricing fo great product!!! Check them out at stanceusa.com and call Top Speed to get your hands on them. Get them before the secret is out and the prices shoot up! Thanks to the Top Speed crew for the work and help with the set-up at the track! Best speed shop around for sure! Happy to answer any questons about them if your interested. Happy driving!

( David - WRXATLANTA.com)

Tray M
    TopSpeed Inc.
    866-94SPEED
    www.topspeedsales.com

27. Tray@topspeed

Tray@topspeed Member

28. Tray@topspeed

Tray@topspeed Member

29. Cory

Cory Member

pm for price for 93-01 please.