Orton Performance Meet&Greet, AWD Dyno Day (Payment update)

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by UpSideDownDesi, Sep 16, 2008.

1. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

did the GT-R's get on the dyno? I left around 4:40ish.

2. billys06sti

billys06sti New Member

Hello, I finally got a username today. I am the guy will the 2006 white sti. I had I good time at orton. I thought it was really cool that they were letting us do the dyno pull. Did anyone see the GTR do the dyno pull. When I left the guy running the dyno was looking for points under the GTR so they could strap it to the dyno. Anyway I thought I would post my dyno numbers

[​IMG]

billy

3. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

^^ Good to see you finally made it onto the site.

4. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

they crossed the straps on evo's afterwards and it worked like charm. 4 more side straps goin in withing 2 weeks. Those R35's and Gallardo are coming back to get dynoed......i'll hold them off till next month's Orton Meet.

Reason GAllardo and GTR's didn't get dynoed was they had full CF diffusers under and it would have taken good bit of time to take em off.

I'll get all the charts and post them up.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  5. OZrally

OZrally Member

I had a very good time meeting everyone! Sunny you did a good job with this meet. I will be back for the monthly meets!

6. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Agreed, I will make the drive!

7. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

So this is happening on a monthly basis now? Im so down.

8. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

yea i am trying to work something out on monthly basis with them. For now it's 2nd Sunday of every month from 12pm to about 4 or 5pm. Grill/Chill/May be strap on a car or two that everyone wants to see do few pulls. :naughty:

9. dustybottoms

dustybottoms Member

Hey guys, I was the #2 person strapping cars to the dyno (guy in the blue shirt). It was great meeting you guys, we had a lot of fun.

Just an FYI, I don't work for Orton and was just there helping out. (I actually work in private equity, and wrench on cars for fun) I think after the gray evo danced on the dyno, we figured out the strap system. Before nit picking on our performance, please keep in mind the sheer number of cars that we had to strap down, each with a different mounting point, wheel base, and sometimes, an impatient driver. The Mazda's (and audi's/VW's) were the most difficult, at one point Neil and I kindly removed someone's splash shield so we could run the dyno.

Anyway, great pictures, I'd love to see more!

Also, completely unrelated, but I am looking for a website/ graphics designer to do some work on a broadcast company I am currently involved with. PM me if you want more info.

Thanks!!

10. OZrally

OZrally Member

11. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

You guys did an awesome job!

PM me about your Private Equity profession!

12. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Since I was sitting in the booth and listening to the comments, they honestly didn't expect Evos to make the numbers they did. They did end up crossing the straps as well as using 4 more straps per car. My car and Deborah's car were both rock solid with only 4 straps (not 8 like the evo's). No movement at all...then again, I was holding on to the steering wheel too ;)

13. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Exactly, lol. I remember a guy (not an Orton associate) yelling here comes another one of those fast grocery getters, lol. It was an EVO:rofl:

14. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

no just me :p

15. OZrally

OZrally Member

:wiggle:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  16. neil@orton

neil@orton Member

I would like to thank everyone who attended the meet,you guys made it an enjoyable day."Man so many different cars in one day was a hand full".
    In regards to the comments made about the Evo's.This was our first dyno day and had never dynoed an EVO before.We didn't want to attach the straps to the lower control arms as I had been told by a good source they could bend.
    Anyway this week I have 6 new anchoring points going in so it won't happen again.

Thanks again guys for making the event one to remember and for the conduct of your behavior..........................

Neil Orton

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  17. crashtke

Thanks Neil! It was a great event and it is always nice to meet nice people who are also into making cars go fast! With my E85 experiment done on the stock turbo, it is time to move on to bigger and better turbos, lol. Also, big thanks to Pam and Neil for the time and attention to Deborah. This was her first dyno event in her brand new (to her) Legacy. The patience and consideration you showed to her was much appreciated.

18. '05limited

'05limited Member

Any graphs coming? Bueller?....Bueller?

19. crashtke

So who ended up winning the free hour of dyno time?

20. crashtke

Well you had one right? Scan it in and post it up!

21. '05limited

'05limited Member

No scanner - poor college student...I'll see if I can find it and snap a picture of it.

22. crashtke

Cool! That was a VERY nice legacy btw. I am jealous of the deal you got on that one!!

23. '05limited

'05limited Member

Water/Methanol injection coming up next - maybe I can break 350whp on orton's dyno.

24. totsubo

totsubo Member

25. RBillings

RBillings Member

here are some more pics...
    No particular order...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. RBillings

RBillings Member

27. crashtke

Nice pictures!

28. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

whres mine? :(

29. totsubo

totsubo Member

Nice pictures.

Too bad I did not wash my car before going.

30. neil@orton

neil@orton Member

Those skylines look wicked

31. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Agreed! The more I look at them, the more mean they become. Sure they are not R34 Sex, but they are making their own stand.