new M3's everywhere

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by gte123v, Oct 28, 2008.

1. gte123v

gte123v Member

So I was at united bmw dealership getting my 335i yearly maintenance and I kid you not, there were like 3 brand new M3 conv and 3 coupes just sitting there with 0.9% financing on them. I asked my sales guy and he said that they were hot for like a month and then it just fizzled out, so they are willing to negotiate on them, anyone want a new M3 :ddirty:?

2. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I do!!!!!....if they can get the payments down to $400/month w/ no money down, lol.

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I got one right before .. Why the hell does this happen everytime i buy something.

4. gte123v

gte123v Member

haha, well, let's see, at around $65k with a 15 year loan, you can do it! so go DO IT!!! and if you can't pay it, I'm sure the government will bail you out. Actually, they did have quite a few 135is as well, if you want I can give you my sales guy's name and you can give him a call.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  5. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

How is the M3? Ive been trying to find someone who owns one to ask.

6. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I like it better than my old e46... Its different. Not many cars around like it. Its rough though.... and it feels much faster than a c63 or even a s55.

7. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Wow. Thats a dream car for me now though. I really like the E46's a lot too. The E93 just blew it out of the water though when it comes to looks and performance imo.

8. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

surprisingly they feel pretty close in raw speed.

9. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Waa? I think the E46's look better than the E93. But the I6 compared to a V8 is a no contest. My dream car = E46 M3 with 335i engine swap...:drool:

10. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Really? Thats surprising.

The E46 is nice, but I think the E93 is more aggressive looking.

11. gte123v

gte123v Member

yes, the 335i engine is very nice, very linear and smooth, nothing like the sti's engine. But if you want to mod it then it's big money, stupid tiny turbos are cast into the headers :squint:.

12. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

what?!? thats nuts! What about when the turbo dies? New headers?

13. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Yeah, its odd. the 0-60 time is within .2 secs

14. gte123v

gte123v Member

yup, you bet, maybe I should drive it really hard and hope the turbos die before the 4 years is up :naughty:.

15. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Haha yes you should!:rofl:

16. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

E36 M3 owns all in the looks dept!!!!! Then the E30 followed by the E46. The E93 looks like a bad case of the roids. Stilll sexy though, lol.

17. longfury

longfury Active Member

I want a e46 M3. I just can't get one as long as I have my RX8 for a trade in. I have seen several that would have been in my price range if I did not have the RX8.

I just think that BMW's are getting too complex for their own good. I have seen about 2 135i's for less than $40K. I don't think I have seen a single 128i for less than $30K. BMW's are just way expensive.

18. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

BMW = Status Symbol.

And they are German. So they are ridiculously over-engineered.

19. gte123v

gte123v Member

I agree! why in the world would I want a electronic dip stick, it's just stupid and takes forever to read the level.

20. longfury

longfury Active Member

I understand that. I would still rock a e46 M3 if I could. I just don't get worked up over cars like the new M3 or the new GT-R. They just don't "do it for me" for some reason.

21. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i want a chevy bolt.

22. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

E30 m3 ftw.

23. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

The Germans are crazy! I have been back to the unwanted Mercedes lot with an engineering co-op friend of mine at the plant outside of Birmingham and there are literally thousands of cars in a HUGE lot that the plant would not let be sold. It was because of small things such as a radio button kept falling off, or a door jam was off by 1/12 of an inch. That is where all the parts that dealers order for others cars come from. It was crazy! I'm sure BMW is the same way.

24. longfury

longfury Active Member

If the Germans can improve that gadget/electronics reliability up then they will be good. Mechanically I would trust a German car just as much as a Subaru or a Honda.

25. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

All the BMWs ive had break down alot more than you would think. Its the warranty that s awesome