Whats up Atlanta - New here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SanDiegoSTI, Oct 30, 2008.

1. SanDiegoSTI

SanDiegoSTI New Member

Well Im in the Atlanta area now. I just came from 10+ years in San Diego.

I have a fully built 2004 STI pushing 435whp on cali 91 oct.
    (2.6 liter, DIron sleeves, rebalanced and machined crank, custom designed long rod ratio H beams, ARP out the ass, several turbos (GT30R .63.82) (35R 1.06) and others. Max power ever put down on my block was just shy of 809bhp. All turbo and C16. No cats, loud as shit! Dont care about attention! I dont ever drive the car that much now that I got my 06 ram diesel with twin pipes and modified turbo and other goodies. Truck putting out over 450whp 750tq.

Looking for some information on some of the local Scoobi organizations.

Im not looking for riced out vtec revvin' x-ridah type crews.

Im looking for adult style chill out hanging at the boba shop type environment.

Right now im rockin bama plates cause I'm from Alabama but just did a few tours in the military out at Camp Pendelton Marine Corps base in Socal.

Looking for a crew that is westcoast style and all about the real JDM/Drift scene.

A little background...

I was one of the original members and still am of Awjunkies.com All wheel junkies out of SanDiego and LA. We have over 2000 active members and are extremely active. I moved here for family reasons but I think my stay in Atl will be temporary for a few years. Dont know what the future holds.

I worked for Formula D as a engine builder and Pit manager for many teams. Assisted with Tanner Foust and McKinney motorsports before he moved to AEM and then on to Crawford Performance.

I know Quirt and Bill over at Crawford performance personally. I know the owner of Synapse Engineering. I did work for D1GP as a Pit Crew manager.

Been to SEMA more times than I can count. I know the west coast Dunlop lead community relations manager. Needless to say I have been around the block. I can bring alot of things to the table to the east coast. You guys got your own style for sure and I would love to taste the culture and possibly bring a little west with east flavor to the import scene here. Unfortunately due to many deployments in the military I had to give up all my motorsports relations temporarily as I got called to duty. I still know a massive load of people and have many hookups in the SoCal region if any one needs anything.

Let me know where to go around this place. Thanks for the help and I appreciate this nice city ya'll have.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  2. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

Jesus brag a bit.....j/k....welcome to the board! I think you will find our east coast style up to par with the W.

3. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

Welcome, would love to see some pics.

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

Welcome to Atlanta. I'm going to be completely up front with you, a mature "JDM/Drift scene" sounds almost like an oxymoron to me (based on the car clubs I've seen around here). But if you want to be in a mature group that actually likes traction, well then you've come to the right place :)

Pics of the ride?

5. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Let's see...

I own two hondas...
    I own a giant CF wing....
    I like vtach

I guess I'm a vtec revvin type crew :)

Welcome, there are several local amature drift clubs around here, SEDA and DG Trials if you are interested.

6. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Welcome to the site and Atlanta dude!

Feel free to hit me up with any questions you have

Since when do you only have 2 hondas? Last time I was over there you had like 6...

7. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Nice resume...:keke:

Welcome :wavey:

8. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Sorry this has got to be the funniest first post I have ever read. Welcome to the site and area though.

9. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Welcome aboard..You wouldn't happen to hold any records at the Tail of the Dragon would you?

10. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

WOW! Talking about putting your self out there in your first post. Welocme to WRX-ATL. :wavey:

11. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

We're a sarcastic but genuinely good group of people over here...so welcome.

and why the heck would you leave the best place in the USA to move here? not to knock atlanta but san diego is like paradise! i maintain that san diego is the only place in cali that i would consider moving to

12. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Weird as hell. I just returned from San D from a conference. First time out there. Nice City, Nice weather..........nice people????..... u can be the judge. Saw a bunch of Subys ridin around and got a little home sick.

Any way welcome to the Atl scene!!!

13. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Welcome......we demad pictures, please.

14. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

welcome! :wavey:

Whats a boba shop?

15. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

boom!

16. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

he means...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

remember this stuff...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  17. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Welcome to the boards!!

18. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Mmmm boba

19. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

no no no I think he means this boba
    [​IMG]

20. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ5eLK_QKMc :D

Welcome to the community and to the south. We're glad you're here. The import scene varies BIG time depending on what part of town you're in. The NorthEast side is not the best part in terms of class...there is some, but it is few and far between. NorthWest and North is very classy and 'adult', if you will.

let us know if you have any questions, or want to meet and greet! We're always having get togethers (http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19453) for reference. :)

21. FACE

FACE Active Member

Welcome to the boards man! Check out our get together forums!

:wavey:

22. gfred024

gfred024 Member

Well I dont know what a westside style crew is but your in the dirty south now bro!!

23. Biggis

Biggis Member

Welcome.

Subtle - sub⋅tle   /ˈsʌtl/ [suht-l] –adjective

1. thin, tenuous, or rarefied, as a fluid or an odor.
    2. fine or delicate in meaning or intent; difficult to perceive or understand: subtle irony.
    3. delicate or faint and mysterious: a subtle smile.

4. requiring mental acuteness, penetration, or discernment: a subtle philosophy.
    5. characterized by mental acuteness or penetration: a subtle understanding.
    6. cunning, wily, or crafty: a subtle liar.
    7. insidious in operation: subtle poison.
    8. skillful, clever, or ingenious: a subtle painter.

:unamused:

24. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Welcome to ATL! Pics of the ride are always a plus!!! USMC FTW =)

25. Tray@topspeed

Tray@topspeed Member

Welcome!

Wrxatlanta, Good start to meet people. then you can check out Importatlanta.com

26. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

Ia will letcha know where not to go and avoid the rice

27. SanDiegoSTI

SanDiegoSTI New Member

HAH eventually you guys were gonna ask or find out anyways.

Just letting you know who I am. No bragging. Just intro.

Thanks for the welcome. Hope to see you guys and girls soon. I'll get up to speed with the community and events and what not.

I am highly interested in how the east coast is doing things. I dont care to or even have any desire to be all "west coast is better". That is crap to say that.

I really like the difference in the culture, and let me tell you it is different.

Out in California it was pretty common to have a (No offense) honda or something for that matter pull up next to you and swear their AEM stickers alongside the grinder cut factory springs could seriously blow away a evo or scoobie. It got really old fast to the point where I would just drive my beater around town and leave the car garaged.

Police out there profile so hard you cant tow the car on a flatbed truck without getting pulled over and smog ticketed. So alas one of the reasons to come to the east coast was family and the liberty from all this high profile fast and the furious mentality that these kids over there seem to get off on.

So I gave up and came over here. I have a lot of friends there still but always getting reports that they have been ticketed, impounded, fined, towed, or vandalized because they were caught driving in a " modified as the law calls it" import. God forbid you drove a V8. Those are suppose to sound loud right? Well I almost traded in my love for imports while out there and this move saved me.

Oh well thanks for the welcome.

28. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

29. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Welcome to the forums..I am sure you will like Atlanta. There is another guy from San Diego on here. His name is Shane.

Go Chargers!!!.

Mark

30. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

welcome. i work at the subaru dealership in kennesaw. stop by and say hello. see you around

31. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

One with wheels and one without ;)

32. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Welcome.. Thank you for your service, and post pics!

33. totsubo

totsubo Member

Welcome to ATL.

Come out to Caffeine and Octane tomorrow (11-02-2008). I'm sure a few of the WRXAtlanta guys will be there.

I do not think anyone here knows what boba is. The only shops are in Gwinnett county.

34. 2thAche

2thAche Member

I can't help you with westside style, cause I don't know what the hell that is. If you mean driving the hell out of your ride and talking cars etc. inbetween, then I understand.

If you mean a bunch of fast-and-furious shit-head lingo, then I can't help.

35. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

bubble tea from saigon is grrrrrreat

36. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Actually like all cars I own, I have about four sets of wheels for the civic :)

/thread jack

37. HKSTuner

HKSTuner New Member

welcome to wrx atlanta