The VP got a new car....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Strayen, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Well the VP of the company is a mid-30s VERY mild mannered guy who, up until just last week when his car was hit in the back really bad, he was driving a 90s Accord with a ton of miles and all sorts of issues. Failing glass windows (they wouldn't stay up and were held up with tape) and lots of other things. Lets just say the CEO was ashamed of his car and kept nagging him until he finally had the accident.

Well this morning he drove up in his brand spanking new:

http://www.maserati.com/maserati/en/en/index/models/GranTurismo-S.html

I'll post pictures when I have a better camera than my blackberry on me. And I'll ask him to let me take shots of the engine and interior again.

EDIT: I did post 3 pics from the BB on Facebook, for those who know me on there can check it out.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I dont get how young people like that become VP so fast. I wish i had connections. Goddamn me.

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

There probably won't be anything in the Engine bay to see except for a large plastic cover.

Screw pictures. Tell him you want to drive it.

4. pankopp

pankopp Member

nice! i saw one on 85 south a couple weeks ago, dealer plates and all. It was an older chick and she was hauling ass. followed her all the way to alabama. They look good.

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

WTF...how does one go from an Accord to THAT?!

other than the insurance cutting a big fat check!

6. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

good stuff...one day..one day...well probably not a mas...but..something along those lines one day

7. Eco Auto Clean

I'm sure it'd been paid off for a while and he saved saved saved....and then..it gets wrecked..oh look at all this money i have in the bank and bam! lol

8. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Well when I looked under the hood it looked like sti red in some parts and the other was a tan color with the trident very prominent.

Looking at specs, rated at the engine, it doesn't look all THAT special.

9. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Yup, that's pretty much it but he gets a good check so he wouldn't have to save up for long. He has like 3 or 4 houses around Atlanta that he owns and rents out as well.

I definitely need to see if he's willing to give me a ride in it. He knows I'm the biggest car person in the company.

But before this, he had bid on an M6 but I guess that deal fell through. So he had to "settle" for this car? :rofl:

10. Eco Auto Clean

ha...my boss got rid of his m6 cuz it was too aggressive....umm...yea..its an m6.. please dont fire me..lol.. I want to have houses and phat rides...don't get me wrong im thankful for what i have!

11. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I am not a big Maserati fan, but I would drive the hell out of that one.

IIRC, that's the same engine that's in the Ferrari F430 (with a different bore/stroke).

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Damn, look at that interior!

13. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i would love to know how much an oil-change costs for that thing.

14. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

It gets like 12city/19hwy. That's not half bad. I think i've been getting 15mpg past two weeks.

15. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Pretty ballsy choice in this economy!

16. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Very Nice car. My neighbor has one and is thinking of selling it because he has had nothing but problems from his.

17. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

You know you could do better

18. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

really cool looking engine

19. 4sevens

4sevens Member

20. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

can u say BAILOUT$ lol!

just came back from cali and saw like three of them and a few db's too of course ridin the hwy out there is like a car show in itself.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  21. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

its so funny... all i can think of when i see a mas is how fiat merged with ferrari to make maserati.... seems so funny to me!

22. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Wouldn't that be Ferrafiat

23. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member