Diversified Powder Coating (Cumming)

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by wagunz_pwn, Oct 21, 2008.

1. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I am NOT recommending this facility...aviod the headache.

I just dropped off the Prodrives at this place up in Cumming right off of exit 13 (400). A friend of mine referred them to me after getting some parts for his bike sprayed. He said they do great work and at very reasonable prices.

After talking with them, they seem very interested in supporting the powder coating needs for those of us on the "North Side" of our little community. :sx:

I will update the post once I get my wheels back and they are SILVER. He has to order more of the color, so maybe by Monday :eek:hnoes:

as for tire size...what does everyone recommend for 17 X 7's...225 x 45 x 17???

[​IMG]

and yes, I know there is one missing. ;)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  2. Jake

Jake Active Member

i'd do 235/45's in fact thats what i'm thinking im gonna do

come to the meet tonight at otb, we shall discuss wheel deal

3. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

NO WHEELS FOR YOU!!! muuuhahahaha!!

I will try to be there...

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

no i "picked up" some that i will probly get powdercoated myself. and found a good place with great prices on tires. so i was going to discuss that stuff with you....

5. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

oh...ok!

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

BTT: what are you paying per wheel/total again to have them powdercoated?

7. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Not too sure, I think they are going to give me a good deal to get the word out. :sx:

But, iirc, when I called last month...it was $65 for blast and coat, per wheel.

8. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^that seems to be the std price, that is exactly what Millers charged me. The job they did was great but the drive out to gwinetian land sux azz.

9. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

^^^ that's good. I was calling around and getting quotes up to $200 for one wheel. I really hope they do a good job...for me, their location was more of a deciding factor; but, price is important.

10. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Got the wheels back and one needs to go back tomorrow.:mad:

They forgot to remove the sticky weights from the inside of one wheel. Sprayed over it and then baked it, which caused them to slide and ruin the powder. :unamused:

I am more mad that I didn't catch this until I got home. Oh well, I won't be getting tires till next week anyway.

Here is a sample. Sorry for the cell phone pic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  11. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

good stuff...bro is looking for place to powder coat..ill prob send him that way!

12. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

honestly, I don't know how happy I am w/ the results. I mean, they blasted and sprayed the weights...then baked them...WTF!

I need to take them back in the morning.

13. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

keep us updated, good luck

14. Jake

Jake Active Member

hmm, strange. i like the color tho.

15. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Those look great. Is it more of a gunmetal than silver?

16. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

No, more silver than gunmetal. ;) Cel phone pic does not do them justice. They do not have the "clear" coat on them. I was told that the clear would make them super shine...not what I was looking for.

17. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I am not very happy at this point. The wheel that I dropped off last week to get fixed because of the wheel weights is ready, but I can't pick it up yet until he finds out how much the blaster are gonna charge him.

I can't believe I have to pay for their mistake. So, I ask the owner if it will be more then the original $25 /wheel for blasting, and he says, "Yes, it took them an hour to remove the powder coat".

Unreal...I DO NOT recommend you use them.

18. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

uh, I wouldn't pay for their fuckup. saq up

19. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

And I don't intend to...there is no point arguing with the guy over the phone. I will stop by in the morning. :mad:

20. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Good luck man, don't let them screw you over like that. Did they tell you before hand that you need to remove the weights? If so, then maybe it is your fault, but if not, as I suspect, they should eat the cost on it.

Damn, and here I was about to tell you to hang on to your stockers for a bit, I might need to borrow them so I can get my wheels repaired, but I am definitely going to wait and here how this ends up first, and will probably end up going to Miller anyways to avoid any kind of drama when the time comes.

21. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

If I get it back tomorrow, I will get tires on Thursday :sx:

Stockers should be available then.

22. Jake

Jake Active Member

yay stockers! Jason I have Dana's spare set you can probly borrow those if he is cool with it. Matt I'm going out of town Thursday but will be back Sunday night, I can probly meet you then

23. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Shouldnt have sold the AR so soon :)

24. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Edit: went right over my head.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  25. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I picked the wheel up and the owner wanted $75 for 1hr our the blasting time...remember, they outsource. I told him that was ridiculous and that I wasn't going to pay for 2 shops mistakes.

Long story short - He said, "Fine...take your wheel and leave...when you bring stuff in again, it will have to be blasted." I said, "you mean IF I ever bring stuff in...thank you." and left.

The sad thing is, this wheel came out the best.

/end of story

26. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

27. ^^^^ I cant believe they were seriously going to try that shit, charge you for there mistake. Thats just bad business. Glade it came out alright for ya.