scuba diving

Discussion in 'Sports' started by nicad, Nov 23, 2008.

1. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I recently went on a cruise with some friends of mine and did some diving. Got certified a few months prior in anticipation of this trp.

If you have the means, I recommend doing it. even casually, it really is awesome.
    we dove in grand cayman and cozumel. saw some great sea life, including a nurse shark, eels, spiny lobsters, fucktons of fish, seahorse, rays, etc

here's some pictures from the dive: (picasaweb albums from a friend)
    http://picasaweb.google.com/brandon.gilmer/HoneymoonGeorgeTownGrandCayman#
    http://picasaweb.google.com/brandon.gilmer/HoneymoonCozumelMexico#

2. FACE

FACE Active Member

Glad to hear you guys had a good time!

And did not drown :wiggle:

3. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

hey at least somebody gives a shit

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

What sort of camera was that?

5. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

canon digital

6. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

<---was hoping for the drowning;)

pics look fun duderbrosefnozzle

7. What line did you cruise with? I just got back home a few hours ago from a cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel with Carnival.... I love cruising the Caribbean in the winter, fares are cheap and the weather is awesome! We snorkled, no scuba, but apparently I missed out.... great pictures!

8. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

royal caribbean. scuba diving is where it's at. snorkeling sucks

9. Lol, it does a little bit, yeah.... not nearly as much to see....

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I never even knew you made this thread :)

Glad I got a chance to see the photos back when you showed me though.

11. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

Sweet. When I went to Hawaii a few years ago I got to snuba. It's like a cross between snorkeling and scuba, where the tanks stay afloat on the surface and there is a long tube (up to about 25ft) that goes to the mouthpeice. It was amazing. We did that in some crescent shaped area about an hour or so from Maui, apparently only a few places like that exist in the world. Like 30 feet deep on our side, and 600+ on the opposite side.

12. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

bumping this. bought my own dive gear and heading down to key largo in june to dive some wrecks and reefs.

looking at going to bonaire (netherlands antilles near curacao) or roatan honduras some time

13. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

i did some noob scuba diving with an instructor, it was a lot of fun but had a sense of panic and drew in my first breath of air too fast, after that it was all good

14. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

more time in the water would solve any of that. when you get certified you do everything in the pool first, and not a big scary ocean