What Worthless Crap Have You Sold on eBay?!?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mmtasty, Nov 23, 2008.

1. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I'm sitting here watching idiots bid on my old bike garbage and I'm wondering, "is this normal?!" Two weeks ago I was about to toss these cranks when I figured I'd check eBay....

I'm wondering; what's the dumbest thing people have bought from you on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320318760300

And if YOU are bidding on these... they TOTALLY rock and worth every penny you're bidding!

2. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

I sell all kinds of junk on ebay. My wife is always laughing at the money I make on what should be garbage.
    Best was several years ago I sold a cheap old set of motorcycle boots for $20 more than retail after using them for over 2 years!

3. techlord

techlord Active Member

old toner cartridges for laser printer that was 15yrs old, they were new 3 of them and pulled in almost175 with shipping.

4. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

In addition to this auction... I sold a 300lb weight set for $100 MORE than I paid two years ago AND the buyer was local AND the deal was paid and picked up within an hour of the auction end.

As much as I hate eBay fees and BS, it's a money maker. So if any of you have a small business venture idea let me know.

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

a vf39 for 550.

6. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

WOOT!

Small thread jack here...but, I can't resist.

I am really not experienced selling anything on EBAY, but I have a lot of junk that I am sure someone wants to buy.

How long does it take to get your account status to the point that you can set a reserve? There are a few things that I want to sell, but that I also want to set a reserve on but I can't because I don't have the proper account status.

7. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

I can set a reserve at my status. I have had my account for 18 months and have a feedback score of 23 with 100%+. The cost of the reserve is based on how high the reserve price is. Look at the fee structure on Ebay. What are your stats that it won't let you set a reserve?

I have just started selling stuff on Ebay this week. I've sold a couple of cameras and a couple of paintball guns. In all I've made about $400 on stuff I was trying to sell on this forum for a lot less.

8. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

$76... Plus shipping... wow... I also have some ice from the north pole for sale too if anyone is interested. $5 a cube.

9. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I sold my x-girlfriend for $50 and made a nice profit.............since she was worthless!

10. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

...my stats...I have not sold anything on ebay, only bought.

When I tried to sell an item and set a reserve, it wouldn't let me, because I didn't have enough status as a seller.

Thanks for the input. I probably should just sell a few smaller things that I don't need a reserve on...

11. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

...my stats...I have not sold anything on ebay, only bought.

When I tried to sell an item and set a reserve, it wouldn't let me, because I didn't have enough status as a seller.

Thanks for the input. I probably should just sell a few smaller things that I don't need a reserve on...

12. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

I put a reserve on the first item I sold. It may have to do with membership time or something. I tried to require instant payment and I was not allowed to do that.

13. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

i sold 4 old school palm pilots on ebay i sold them for $100 each. what sweet is i bought all of them for $25 dollars each. that was a quick 300 bucks in my pocket. for the most part the best thing to do on ebay is start the auction at 9.99 and let people start bidding on it...that way they get carried away and spend way to much, however, if i were selling a car that would be a different story.

14. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

I sold a FAKE pair of oakleys that i bought at a flea market for $150. i even said that they were fake. so what do i do........ i go back to get more. alot more. so i go listing these things like crazy. now keep in mind that i am telling them that they are fake. i guess they dont read? anyways everything was going great till OAKLEY emailed me a letter saying if i dont take my listings off ebay they were going to prasicute......and i said yes sir to that.lol it was fun while it lasted though.

15. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

not too familiar on selling on ebay so if anyone would give some hints or what not ...

I am had problem selling my Sony SR-1 HD camcorder, last time I posted the ad on Ebay it was deleted due to Sony copy rights violation? I took my own pictures and wrote my own description so I have yet to try again.

16. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

I once tried to sell an open bag of Doritos on ebay, but it didn't sell.

I've got more experience and luck selling on Amazon. A while ago I actually sold a limited edition AFI Sing the Sorrow with the CD missing for $90. That was a happy day.

17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

but how much did you spend on her in the time that y'all dated?

I'm sure you still came out under... :(

:rofl:

18. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Ah yes, WOW account 800.

19. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

This thread makes me happy! I have been given the task of cleaning my moms garage. There is so much "stuff" there! Hopefully I can make me some cash monies!