SCC done for???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bluelinescooby, Nov 23, 2008.

1. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

I just renewed my subscription last month so I did my part. I guess now I just need to figure out if that money is gone or what. The magazines have been getting thinner and thinner. Sad.

On a different but connected note everyone that has back issues should dig through to find the August 2003. This month was the exact pinnacle of SCC. Three subaru tuners take on a stock STi with WRXs, Project WRX, road racing for $7,000, RB26 powered 240sx, WRC coverage, wheel buying guide and a lot of other great articles. In all 274 pages compared to about 100 pages recently.

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

^^^ Thats one of the handful of issues that I've bought of SCC. Buncha bugeyes attracted me to it before I even got my car. Its a shame that SCC is getting canned since it was one of the best tuner mags, good performing cars instead of flashy bodykits and girl/show coverage.

3. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

It is the only import car magazine I have/would subscribe to. All of the other import magazines mostly cover the "import lifestyle." I hate when there is a feature car that claims a ton of horsepower and the article spends 90% of its pages with ice and bodykit info.

4. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Grassroots Motorsports FTW....

5. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

I buy grassroots as the grocery store sometimes. SCC was the magazine I started reading when I was 15, now I'm 28. I will be as sad to see SCC go as I was when 99X died.

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

99x didn't die...they just moved. :p

7. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

They are not on my radio anymore. Dead. I can't remember if they went to HD radio or just online but i can't listen to them.

8. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

one of my favorite magazines

9. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I used to have SubieSport and Grassroots subscriptions. Subiesport gradually became nothing but expensive build stories and body kits and I cancellled it. However I still look forward to every new GRM. It's interesting to see magazines like Honda Tuner becoming more "GRM"-like, covering NASA/SCCA club racing events and such. Perhaps times are changing in "import" scene?

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

GRM is an excellent read, I tend to read the other "IMPORT" mags just for kicks or to see potential trends developing...SCC used to be entertaining but it has been considerably worse lately and I suppose this explains that.

11. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

12. Brian

Brian Active Member

I've subscribed since SCC came out. They took a huge nosedive a couple years ago (see the "burnout" issue) and proceeded to have less and worse content from there on. They've have a bit of a rebound the past few months, but they've pissed me off too much and too often.

BTW, one of the things that pissed me off the most was the previous USCC. The cars had their own logos for the competition. SCC made them cover up their logos with the magazines sponsors, even when they were in direct conflict. I was pissed off for the competitors!!

13. GRM is the only other magazine that I read on a semi-regular basis.... looks like I'll be picking it up more often now.... :)

Wasn't that the one goofball hot rod editor? They had a lot of turnover around that time and yeah, that was when things started the downward spiral.... I was especially bummed when Dave and Josh left, but they went through, what? Three or four editors in the past couple of years? Still sucks....