I hate small towns!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by oneiguy, Nov 28, 2008.

1. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

So just got back from Thanksgiving in BFE North Carolina(basically up on top of the mountains). Ate some turkey and did about 3 mountain runs with the cousin. Needed to be at work at 3pm today. So got up at 5 am to pack up the kids and head back. Didn't make it past the front of the resort. I guess on one of the runs ran over some gravel and punctured a tire. So my dad runs 25 miles back into town to pick up some fix-o-flat. Put it in and he follows me 1/2 way down the first mountain. Needless to say tire didn't make it. So put another can in. Get the can in about 1/2 way and see it shooting out the side wall of the inside(this means I need 4 tires). So head into town in dads car to find a tire shop. Walk in and ask for some 235/40/17. Guy tells me you ain't gettin' those anywhere around here. I was planning on getting new tires on Friday. So know I am screwed. I need to get my car towed, they don't have the tires I want, and oh yeah the last place that rotated my tires didn't put my spline back for my lugs. So I get the car towed to the shop. They don't have a spline, or anything to get my lugs off without messing up my wheels. So now I drive to Winston-Salem to a shop to get a spline(hour away). Get back get the wheels off, as they are putting them on they are putting them on backwards to the tread pattern. Needless to say I show them how to do it, and get on the road at 2:30. Didn't make it to work, and 4 tires that I don't want.

Just needed to vent.

Thanks

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

what did you get.

3. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Riken raptors 225-45-17. I paid $550 out the door. I will sell them for the low low!!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  4. Jake

Jake Active Member

don't have any 18s. But those sound mean!!!

I'm quitting best buy. So I'll be back at the restaurant some more here shortly

5. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

300 tread wear

6. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Damn dude that sucks!

7. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

That's horrible. Hopefully sombody will take those off your hands.

8. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Hope so. Someone just shoot me an offer.

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

damn dude, that sucks...

marcus has those tires and they really aren't that bad....not the size you wanted, that's for sure!

10. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Jesus you would think you were in a differn't country..........................WTF
    Sounds like a good opportunity to open a Discount Tire LOL

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

Dude sorry to hear that, one more reason to pay 96 bucks for the AAA platinum service. They tow up to 100mi for free (4 times a year) and if it is a few hundred I have them drop the car at 100 and call them back again.

12. FACE

FACE Active Member

Sorry to here this man just glad you did not find out while on a run...

maybe you could keep them for autocrossin :naughty:

13. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Yeah my insurance covers 100 miles. I called every big tire store within 100 miles nobody had any good tires. Now I have some spares. Can't decide if I am going to buy the ones I want.