So who else has to be at work in like 5 hours?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dontcallitarex, Nov 27, 2008.

1. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I'm working a retail job at Inkstop while I'm in school (its something...I'm happy to have it given the state of things.). We sell digital cameras and small electronics (GPS, computer accessories, blank media, etc) along with a shit ton of ink cartridges.

As such, we're opening at 4am. And I have to be there at 3:30. I'm working till 9am, and then coming back at 4pm to work until we close at 8. Its strange because I have almost the whole day (9am to 4pm) in between my shifts off. My manager is working straight from 3:30 am to 7pm. :eek3: She's really the one getting the shaft.

So who else here has inverted their sleep schedule in the name of paying the bills?

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

have to work, but not retarded hours. :D

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

not really sure to be honest. Had to take a bunch of days off of work the two weeks to finish up school and do family stuff. I assume I don't have to be in till 10pm tomorrow night since I work nights.

4. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

just got home/off work...that wasn't half bad night...woo!...plus got free meal out of it...

5. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

our big shutdown for steam plant maintenance is during thanksgiving at work. meh. I didn't work it this year. friday is a holiday for us, so I think I'll go in to the tune of $71/hour :fawk:

6. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

just working normal hours today. i wanna be back in bed!

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Thank god we are off today!

8. Eco Auto Clean

must be nice!! I'm sure we are going to be dead tonight...oh well..

9. Matt

I may be in your area...got any passes?

:D

10. Eco Auto Clean

I should have some..i'll have to search around...what time? How Many?

11. Matt

sent you a PM...

Thanks in advance!

12. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I had to work at 4:30 a.m and just got off at 8:30 p.m, non stop with the exception of 3 30 minute every few hours. We were really busy in the am but after the line died around 7, the rest of the day was pretty easy.

So in short I spent about 16 hrs on my feet in dress shoes

13. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

^^^^ Where you working now?

14. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Fry's :(

15. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Where do you work?

16. hotroddinrebel

hotroddinrebel New Member

I didn't have crazy hours the day after thanksgiving, but then again, I work at a parts store so it isn't like we were expecting a huge rush. As far as messing up my sleep schedule to make some much needed cash, I'm right there with you. School ends for the semester december 12, and I'm trying my best to get a second job at my old Napa store in atlanta. Its a royal pain in the ass trying to get hours at my current employer. This week i was originally scheduled for 35.5 and after the DM went and cut hours I got 14. Time for a second job

17. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

anheuser busch