How to confront someone you believe stole your cat?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GTscoob, Oct 10, 2008.

1. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

So i'm pretty sure that someone stole our indoor/outdoor kitten sometime last night and we think we might know who it is. Two of my friends approached the house on separate occasions and got two different stories from the girl living there. I carried the mama cat over to the house and she stalked all around the house and then when placed another 20ft away ran towards the house. I could have sworn I heard some meowing as I walked by earlier too.

I feel silly calling the police over something like this but I need to get the kitten back since it belongs to my roommate who is presently backpacking through Europe. Should I go out there and confront them myself, since they wont recognize me?

Here's a pic of Mama Phil on the left and her 5 month old daughter Little Phil, or affectionately known as LP
    [​IMG]

People really surprise me sometimes. We checked animal control and the humane society already and I rode all around the neighborhood earlier looking for the worst possibility, that she might have been hit by a car, and found nothing.

I think tonight we may do some snooping around, LP was never more than 20ft away from her mother when the two were outside. If only we could understand catsspeak, i'm sure phil could explain what happened. I hope this makes some sense

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Id say put a camera somewhere near their house.

3. WJM

WJM Banned

Walk in, shoot someone, take your cat back.

Done.

WJM doesn't own guns for this reason.

4. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Well, I would think that it's technically stolen property, so hopefully the cops would oblige. But if not, call PETA?

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

He'll get out soon and come back to you... If its an indoor/outdoor cat he WILL escape. My cat was injured recently and had a hurt foot. The vet said to keep him in for 3 days.. we made it about a day and a 1/2 before he used his ninja skills to escape... As far as confronting them, not sure...

6. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Sorry to be callous but after all it is just a cat. Be grateful somebody would give it a home and it didn't end up on the street.

When your roomate gets home let her take care of it.

7. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I like Will's answer the best, but Mike has probably the most logical one.

8. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

say like "my toilet is broken can i use yours ?"
    then walk in and search the house.

9. WJM

WJM Banned

then start shooting.

10. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Sorry to hear about kathleens cat dude. Where is the house? Maybe we can go over there and "investigate"

That, or I'd be willing to give you Alex and Heather's cat for free;)

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Heather mentioned that she thought she saw a similar cat over by McDonalds

12. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

So whatever happened with this, Bobby?

13. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Blow up the house then see if the cat is in errrrr outthere

14. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Hire a Ninja to get it back...

15. osborne519

osborne519 Member

then do a BARREL ROLL:rofl:.. works every time

or wait till they leave look in the windows if u see the cat confront them and have the cops on speed dial..... then if all else fails take wjms advice

16. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Since it Bobby...why not just pull their door off the hinges and wait for them to get tired attacking you?[​IMG]

17. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I am really sorry to hear this Bobby..I hope that you get your kitten back ASAP.

Mark

18. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

[​IMG]

19. slowwrx

Well this was the least helpful post ever

20. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

damn late response guys. we got her back. some dumbass woman picked her up and dropped her off at the pound. one of my neighbors saw the woman trying to take the cat 2 days in a row and gave me a good physical ID so the next time I saw the woman walk past the house I flagged her down to see what happened (she works at Tech and parks on my street). It cost my roommate $80 to get her cat back and we've just now gotten ride of the fleas she got at the pound.

What idiot has enough heart to pick up a cute stray cat but cant even look at it to see if its spayed, well-fed, and obviously domesticated? I can only hope that she learns to hold onto the animal in teh future and even ask people nearby whether they know who owns it or not.

The girls at the house helped the woman snatch her the second time she tried since apparently the cat got loose the first time. The day I caught the woman, she was actually on her way to their house to give them information about going back to the pound to adopt our cat.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  21. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Sorry. I've been spending too much time on nasioc. I figured if I was going to bumo the thread I'd at least make an attempt at being funny. *shrug*

Glad you got her back, Bobby!

22. slowwrx

I meant everyone not just you

23. WJM

WJM Banned

i figured my 'start shooting' theory was more helpful than anyone else's. :rofl: