Fellini's?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deke, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

A thread about pizza on IA reminded me of something, and I realized that there is an insider on these forums that may be able to offer his wisdom.

So, to be direct, I think that Fellini's is delicious, but about 50% of the time I eat there my stomach and (ultimately) toilet end up hating me for it.

I primarily only eat at the Howell Mill one, and I think I've narrowed it down to a few ingredients. I believe it's the mushrooms, sausage, and/or ricotta cheese (that's the cheese they use in the calzones right?). What's really odd is that I generally have a really strong stomach. I can eat to excess of all sorts of foods (taco bell, japanese, chinese, thai, mexican) and have absolutely no problems gastrointestinally. But something about Fellini's shoots through my system like Draino.

Anyone else have this problem? And any insight Bobby?

2. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Lactose Intolerance? Ricotta sets me off also.

3. Deke

Deke Active Member

Hmm, but the weird thing is, I've never noticed it with any other dairy. I drink a lot of milk and quite enjoy cottage cheese.

I guess that could be it though.

4. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

yeah...I can eat a lot of shit and get away with it. But, Ricotta is a bish and I love it.

5. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

The sausage gets me 100% of the time, I only ever eat it on messed up pizzas that end up in the back, and even then with extreme caution.

The ricotta might do something but I hardly ever eat it so I coulndt really offer my insight.

6. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

check their health scores.

The simplest answer is usually improperly kept food temps before cooking. If they have a ding for that, it'll b on their health score sheet they have to post.

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha yeah, I'm pretty sure the sausage gets me. It was my only suspect for some time until a few months ago I got the mushroom and pepperoni calzone, which also tore me up. That might have just been a coincidence though.

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

All of our stuff stays cooled, honestly except for the ricotta which is pretty much unusable if its at 40 degrees fahrenheit. For white pizzas we have to be able to spread it, and it just clumps up if its much less than room temp.

9. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I would consider srubbing that pizza from the menu. Even though cheese may not develop e-coli quickly, if it sits out at room temp there is a far greater risk of it. If for some reason it goes un-monitored, which can happen in busy commercial kitchens, there is always a greater risk of contamination.