Wireless keyboard/mouse info

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SonicBoom, Jan 5, 2009.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Need to order a wireless keyboard and mouse and need recommendations on brands/models... I'll be using it at both close range and also about 10 feet away when I get my PC hooked up to my TV. I was looking and saw that they have Bluetooth and non, and also ones with rechargable batteries. I love how my PS3 controllers can be recharged and are bluetooth(and don't have to be pointed at anything).. tried Cnet reviews and a few other places but wasn't getting anything concrete.. any help would be appreciated.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

logitech all the way

3. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

I have this and it's great for media center PC's

Ignore the idiots on there who don't know how to properly setup and install shit, I would say 90% of the morons on newegg think their dvd drive is a cup holder...

I use this, and it has great range up to about 50 feet. The touch pads work great for itunes, as I use them in the next room over when we play poker (about 40' away). The mouse has a docking station for recharging (usually lasts about 3 days without docking) and the keyboard runs on 4 AA batteries (usually lasts about 4-6 weeks).

I can take this combination and sit 20' away from my computer and play CoD on the bigscreen flawlessly. When coming out of sleep mode, it may take the keyboard about 3-5 seconds to snap out of its nap, but other than that it works great. It also has a great sync button on the keyboard that auto searches for all bluetooth items (like phones) and syncs them to your computer.

It's a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. I've had mine for about a year now and have never second guessed this purchase.

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Looks good, found it for $66 shipped without too much research.. noticed there is a MX 5500, is this better?

5. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Logitech and Microsoft.

6. 07Ltd#767

not sure, I've had mine for about a year...I'm completely happy, no need for further research so I'm not sure what the changes are.

The mouse is what makes the deal...the mx1000 mouse is freaking awesome, worth the price alone.

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Looked further, the MX5500 is blutooth... found it for $87 shipped. Sounds like it might be worth it over $66 for the MX5000. Don't have anyone to vouch for the new version.. hmm..

8. 07Ltd#767

wait, mine's blue tooth, so I may have the mx5500 and just sent you the wrong link. Go bluetooth, do NOT go rf...you'll kick yourself later. The range sucks and the signal always drops.

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ Find which model you have for me... the 5500 is priced a little high for me, but might be worth it...

10. 07Ltd#767

Just pulled my newegg history, purchased 8/17/07, the MX5000. It is a bluetooth keyboard / mouse, but I paid $123.13 for mine shipped...damn technology and your depreciating products....

lol, after looking, Newegg should send me a hot little asian girl to massage my woes away...I've spent an ass-ton of money with them in the last few years.

11. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Logitech ftw

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Sounds like its plenty for my needs... and like I said I found it for around $66... thx for the info..

13. Deke

Deke Active Member

I've been using an old school (non-bluetooth) logitech wireless keyboard/mouse setup for 3 or 4 years now and it still works great. So yeah, Logitech ftw.