Snowboarding Locale Recomendations...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Slowsoul, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

I am coming up on my vacation time Mid march and I am looking to go boarding.

I am looking for a good mountain/area that is fun, and also not a freaking zoo. This will be my 3rd snowboarding trip since beginning back in 06...I am not a noob, but not an expert. I have been to Angel Fire in New Mexico, and Crystal Mountain in Washington, both left me speechless. Looking for awesome scenery and good people. Hippies don't bother me. I would prefer to stay off of the East Coast.

Any suggestions?

2. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Sierra Nevadas. Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, the best snow in the country!

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

Jewels450 lives in Salt Lake and just started Boarding...One of the most beautiful places I have ever been

4. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

keystone and breckenridge (spelling) in Colorado awsome scenery and and a cool resort town for some night life...

5. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

well...if ya go to vail its not as crowded right now with hotels available. Utaaaaah! as face said.I would say Washington and parts of Oregon but it.s almost under water now.

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

big bear east of LA. It would make a good trip to do snowboarding, and surfing in the same week.

7. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

Great!

Thanks everyone for the tips!

8. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Breck is awesome if the bowls (double blacks BTW) are open. If not, it's a tourist trap zoo and the runs are really short. Keystone is very underrated! I love that place. The backside runs have almost nobody on them. Keystone has so few green runs that not many families go there. If you like speed, check out Go Devil run. It's the run they use for DH racing so it's fast and there's netting and padding to save you from pulling a Kennedy.

9. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

Park City is the best of the best.. as far as boarding goes.. (thats where the held the last winter olympics!) and you want to talk about scenery that will leave you breathless, and the town is adorable and has free bus transportation everywhere.. its by far my favorite spot to go!

I'm going to WV this year unfortunately no one can afford to go out west with me =[ so I'll have to settle for less.. but either way shred it up dude! and take lots of pictures pleeeasee

10. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Only place I've been is Steamboat Springs: but I've been 4 times. It's great, lots of trails.

11. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

My main thing is that I don't want to rent a car...I want to take a shuttle from the airport to where ever it is I go and then be able to snowboard during the day and be able to walk or take a cab to wherever I hang out at night. (bars, clubs, dinner etc...)

12. techlord

techlord Active Member

My one and only trip was to Squaw Valley. It was beautiful but NOT for our inexperience...the wife left in a wheel chair and I will probably never ski again.

13. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I am going out to Big bear on the 23rd i't will be my 4th trip I love the place.
    All I can say is have fun no matter where you go.

14. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

PC dude! If you stay at hotel.. (i think i stayed at a Marriott about a mile from the mountain) The hotel has a shuttle that picks you up. Then there is a regular bus schedule that goes to all 3 mountains in that area. No rental car is needed at all. I'm serious.. check it out http://www.parkcitymountain.com/winter/index.html

That's where i'd be going this year if someone could have afforded to go with me.. but I got a really great deal for 2 people under 500$ at snowshoe. Oh well.