I need a radiator asap.

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Kokopelli, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Anybody know of a local place to get an aftermarket radiator for a wrx ? Mine has finally developed the leak at the seam and I would like to replace it with one that has the cap on the radiator. I'd love to ditch the upper tank since I don't have a water-cooled turbo.

2. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Batlground gave me a hell of a deal on my Griffin Radiator.

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I think the mishimoto ones on ebay have a cap on the top of the radiator if that lets you ditch the tank near the turbo.

If not, I hear the autozone ones work fairly well, though on your car I'm not sure if it'll be up to par.

4. JD06REX

JD06REX New Member

gimmick motorsports

call josh at import image online
    will def hook you up and has in stock

5. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

I have the koyo out of my race car. I am not using it, its in great shape. I will take 200 for the radiator or 400 if you want it with the dual flex-a-lite fans.

6. techlord

techlord Active Member

I have several and best of all its free to you.
    edit:
    IF you can break my front O2 sensor loose you can have it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  7. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Sold if the stock fans fit.

I may have to borrow one until I can get a new one. I don't want to replace it permanently with the same crap.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  8. Doug@DBW Motorsports

yeah stock fans bolt up to like factory.

9. techlord

techlord Active Member

let me know

10. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Can I pick it up tommorow?

11. Doug@DBW Motorsports

12. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I just installed it and had to do a little modding. I had to do a little trimmimg on the fans to clear the ic and take a little off each end of the top radiator hose so it wouldn't hit the fans or the power steering pump.

Anybody running a koyo have issues with the top radiator hose? I have about 1/2 - 3/4 clearance.

BTW it is f'n cold outside. It may take an hour or two for me to defrost. :eek:hnoes:

13. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Oh yeah I used to alwayyyyys have problems with it, you ever fix it? If engine torqued back would eventually chop the hose up. Never really settled the problem used aftermarket house.

14. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I remember that on the way to Road Atlanta for the picture shoot.

I just unplugged the passenger side fan for now. If I ever have a cooling issue I'll pug it back in.

15. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Right on, aftermarket houses are expensive anylol.. *meant hose*

16. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

I just cut a little off of each end when I installed mine Mike. No problems with it hitting anything either. The passenger side fan felt like it was going to hit it but no problems almost 6 months later so I think it is good