The Beer Thread :)

Discussion in 'Kitchen & Cellar' started by wrxin8or, Sep 7, 2007.

1. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

I just got a mixed pack of Flying Dog beer, these are the ones with the crazy labels on their bottles. They have amber ale, pale ale, IPA, hefeweizen, porter, maybe one more...
    These have nice distinct flavors unlike some other mix packs I have had before where each "different" kind of beer tastes about the same.

2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I don't know how I missed this, Here's my current selection from the Kegerator

On Tap Left Hand Milk Stout ****So freaking good its out of control******
    As soon as I'm done with it I'm getting the Youngs Double Chocolate

In Bottles
    Sweetwater 420
    Sweetwater Festive Ale
    Black Sheep
    Saparo
    Big Hoppy Monster
    Dog Fish 90 Minute IPA (on a search for 120)
    Fullers Vintage Ale(1 bottle)
    Various BS like bud, bud light etc...for friends when they come over.

Beer that I can't get and I'm really pissed about

SWEETWATER DONKEY PUNCH.....WHY LORD WHY....WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THIS SPECTACULAR BEER AWAY.....WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I SAY A LITTLE PRAYER EVERY NIGHT BEFORE I GO TO BED....PLEASE LORD BRING BACK SWEETWATER DONKEY PUNCH.

I picked up about 30 single bottles the other night at TOTAL WINE on Barrett, I'll report back if I find any I like.

On another note I'm about 12 beers away from getting my Stein at Taco Mac.

3. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

big hoppy monster is back in season? fuck yeah!!!

havent had the left hand milk stout, heard good things about it, but I did have the left hand oktoberfest and it was the best oktoberfest i have had this year

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

If you find the Dogfish 120, please let us know where.

5. slowwrx

If I find the 120 Ill buy all of it and we will have a party

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

FUCK YEAH!!!!

7. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I have a keg of Bass now in my kegerator, and it is damn good! It is way better than I ever remember it being in the bottle.

8. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Green's has 60 and 90 available on their keg list. If 120 is available in keg form, Green's can definately get it.

http://www.greensbeverages.com/keg-atlanta.shtml
    404-872-1109

9. slowwrx

I have found 120 minute IPA, the problem is they won't ship it to GA, so I may have to ship it somewhere else then here. They only brew it three times a year. They have a Brew pub in Deleware and I have family there so if they have it at the pub maybe I can get them to pick it up.

10. slowwrx

Ohhh, the victory beers are good too.

11. Deke

Deke Active Member

A few freinds and I just started brewing our own beer. We started wiht an IPA. It'll be ready to drink tomorrow. I'm excited :)

12. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

According to their website for 2007 they brewed it in Jan, May, and Sept. Hopefully they will keep the same schedule. If so I say road trip!!

13. slowwrx

I'm headed to Colorado at the end of the month hopefully Ill get to stop by the Lefthand brewery.

14. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Why not?

15. slowwrx

Some kind of bullshit GA law

16. welery

welery Member

Sweetwater Festive Ale FTW

17. BelvnAWD

18. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

120 Minute IPA

Availability: limited - 3 releases scheduled for 2007

Release Date: Jan, May, Sept. 2007

Too extreme to be called beer? Brewed to a colossal 45-degree plato, boiled for a full 2 hours while being continuously hopped with high-alpha American hops, then dry-hopped daily in the fermenter for a month & aged for nother month on whole-leaf hops!!! Our 120 Minute I.P.A. is by far the biggest I.P.A. ever brewed! At 20% abv and 120 ibus you can see why we call this beer THE HOLY GRAIL for hopheads!

20% abv

120 ibu

In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 450 calories.

The problem is that the law only goes to 14%. The 120 minute brew is 20%.

19. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

holy f! ^^^

20. BelvnAWD

Ahhhhh, so its more than the now legal 14%. Not too many beers fall into the category, which begs the questions, why did the legislature even bother limiting them?

21. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Good question. All I know is that it's a good beer, and worth the drive.

22. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Attention Milo

I have found your 120 minute brew in Atlanta. It's at the Green's on Buford Hwy.:beer:

Enjoy

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Yay. Hope some is still left when I get back in town tomorrow.

24. pankopp

pankopp Member

or you can order it from the online beer stores... Greens shouldnt have it since you cant buy beer that has higher than a 14% content in georgia... I got 4 of the 120 minutes from a store shipped from Oregan.. It's tasty, its almost like eating a bunch of hops, and it sure feels like 20% abv.

The website is http://www.liquidsolutions.biz/main/
    shipping is by the box, but the prices are fair. and it took just under a week...

I still have three left, thoes are for New Years Weekend!!!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  25. socrates42

socrates42 Member

Numbers ale is brewed specifically for concentrics restaurants. so you can get it at One Midtown kitchen, Two Urban Licks, Trois, TAP, Lobby, Room, Stats and piebar.

26. ummmmm beeeeeeer.(quoting homer simpson)
    I too am a fan of-Yuengling.I smuggle I mean I purchase it from another place that is not here.Next guiness,than Bass, an occassional Rolling Rock(where did that come from?),and ??.No girly beers here.If it has the word light in the name it is not beer.(just mho)

27. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

New one for any of you that like wheat beers, Leinenkugel's Sunset wheat. It is very similar to Hoegarten, but brewed here in the States. If you like the sweet stuff, they also have berry wheat and honey wheat, but those are a bit sweeter than I care for. Website for those of you that want to know a little more about it. I never had heard of it until I started working for Northeast sales, but it is good stuff!

28. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

sunset wheat isnt bad. really strong blueberry flavor. i enjoyed ABC's version of a hefe. reminded me of the hop aroma of hoegaarden without the spices. estery finish and pretty fruity

29. wrxin8or

Personally, I am not a fan of the Sunset Wheat. IMO, it has way too many flavors trying to overpower each other (plus, I am not a big fan of fruity beers)

30. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

but you're a fruity guy? :confused:

31. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

lol

They have a sampler pack at tower liqueur that's really good too.

32. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Bud Light Lime?

33. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

no! *MrcoffeeATL slaps Alex's Hands*

34. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

ever had it? didn't think so =o

35. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i tried Full Sail Amber this weekend. I was yummy!
    and Abita has a high gravity now called Andygator and a IPA called Jockamo I.P.A. you can try them at The Depaux (sp) in Decatur. good stuff. the Andygator is quite mild for an 8-9% beer.

36. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I tried it and it's 'okay'. Would I buy it again? No. Would I drink it if given to me....I'll drink most any beer that was given to me...haha.

37. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Dogfish raisin beer pairs nicely with pork loin, but does not taste that great standalone.

38. wrxin8or

I have had the Jockamo (at Taco Mac) and it was ok, but nothing special.

IMO, there are better IPA's out there (Sweetwater is one;))

39. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

was not a fan drinking it by itself.

40. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Gotta love weihenstephan hefeweizen..it rocks!!.

Mark

41. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Try the raisin d'extra. 18-20% Nice and smooth. Can't get it here though.

42. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Sam Adams Summer Ale

43. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I wanted to buy some when I was at the brewery a couple weeks back but was too broke at the time. In another couple weeks when I'm back up there to move my little sister out of her apartment I'm going to bring some bottles back, lemme know if you want any.

44. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

bobby bring back a lot of other random shit they make. i want to try their liquor de malt (complete with authentic brown paper bag)

45. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I just got back from FL. I have 3 bottles of raisin d'extra, and a 6 pack of 120. Had one of each for the first time last night. What a buzz!! :)

46. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i agree, no the best. one of the more mild flavored IPA out there. but abita makes a low flavor beer all the way around. even the high-gravity beer is mild, relatively.
    i think the best IPA i've had in GA was made at Twain's. the brew mater made one that was more of a RIPA. Red, India Pale... it had an amazingly smooth body with a nice crisp finish. i was the perfect beer to watch a football game to. yummy! i'm not sure if he's still brewing that particular beer, but he really made a great flavored IPA. we should start a G2G at the different brew houses in atl. i know i see a blue WRB bug-eye wagon almost everyday in the decatur area.

47. BelvnAWD

Now this I could be up for if enough notice was given!!

48. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

OH YEAH, i found a place that sells Dale's Pale Ale by the 12 pack!!!! Jax Package on College, just past Sam's Crossing toward Avondale. They carry the whole line of their beer.
    Here's the brewery's website http://www.oskarblues.com/

49. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Bumping this. Arrogant Bastard is my new favorite. Will soon be getting Double Bastard.

50. wrxin8or

Like I posted in that other thread CoolRex, check out all of the Stone beers.

The Ruination IPA is my favorite, but they are all good