Calling all Tax Peoples

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 07Ltd#767, Feb 4, 2009.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Not sure if this is in the right section or not, so I'm going to go ahead and apologize if it's not...

It's that time of the year again when I really wish we were on a Fair Tax schedule...*sigh* Alas, we are not. Anybody out there do taxes or know anybody who does taxes? Normally I just file them myself (1040EZ was cake), but this year I've bought a house, a car, have savings accounts, made more monies, have write offs (possibly), and all this shit is going over my head. I'm pretty sure I owe money, so I'd like to get together with someone who knows what they're doing so I can hopefully save as much as possible.

PM me if you have any details or before I'm forced to go to someone I don't know...

Thanks in advance

2. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

taxes are such a pain....i usually get my mom to do mine....haha...best of luck and hopefully you don't owe too much. are you self employed? I was hit with a self employment tax last year and it hurt!

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I have a tax person... He does a KILLER job and always gets me twice what HR block/anyone else can get me.. PM me if you want to get in touch with him

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

wrxin8or is an accountant. :)

5. 07Ltd#767

pm's sent to all - thanks guys

Need uncle sam to take very little if possible...I'm trying to stimulate this bullshit economy by putting a rotated setup in the limited :D

6. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

If you bought a house you should not owe money, I am buying a house right now and am going to use the first time home buyer tax credit which gives you up to $7500 dollars back. At this point it is a fifteen year interest free loan you have to pay back, but if the economic stimulus package goes through it could be up to $15000 and not a loan but a true credit or refund. Check it out though because I assume this is your first house.

7. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I'm an accountant too. I'm interning this semester while I finish school.

I'm sitting at my desk with a pile of tax returns around me as we speak. If you need help let me know. :)

8. 07Ltd#767

omg I love you...this is why I need somebody else to do my taxes. I am a first time buyer, and I was predicting around the $10k mark for what I would owe. $7500 in free credit is :drool:

If you're interested in looking at mine, pm me. Will pay with beer, money, or the chance to photograph my ugly / never gets washed / bug splattered / brake dust infected car :D

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I cashed in about $30,000 in bonds for my downpayment on my house. I had to pay the taxes on the bonds last year, so I ended up owing a little bit. This year I get to collect because of my home purchase.

10. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

does the first time homebuyer count for me? I bought my house in december 2007

11. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

I hope it does. :] Depending on when the law was passed, you could probably re-file your income tax for that year.

A lesson to the rest of us who's interested in buying a home is to hook up with an accountant to help teach you was tax exemptions you qualify for.

If you're single, don't homeown, have no children, and didn't sell any stocks or 401k assets, its unlikely you have any special deductions to worry about.

12. techlord

techlord Active Member

If the current head of the IRS Tim Geithner doesn't have to pay taxes no one should. :D

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  13. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I did taxes myself for the first time last year with Turbo tax. Easy stuff. Gonna do it again this year too.