Mike@Sargent Performance. aka Crashtke, i can't appraise enough

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by UpSideDownDesi, Feb 10, 2009.

1. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

Well all started about a year ago when my car was running like shit, and had no tune on my 2.5 hybrid with all bolt ons. I just had the Cobb WRX Economy map on, didn't want to flash any other without knowing if the car will like it or not. Mike gladly told me to bring the car so he can check it out. Flashed stage2 map on the car, spent time on it to see if it liked it. It didn't like full throttle, but he told me it was safe to go up to 1 bar. Y'all might blow that off, but for someone who drove the car without boost for 1 year, this was time to celebrate haha. Then he recommended few other things like Street Tuner so he could tweak the maps better. So i did and he happily tuned the car where it was liking whatever command my right foot gave it.

Few months go by and in comes Santa Run2. I wanted to be absolute sure that the car could handle beating it would get from Snellville to Alabama and on the track. So I made the call 2 days before santa run, and he told me to come on over without hesitation. We go at it from 8pm to about 12am, and call it a night. Car was running stronger than ever before. Mike called the next day to check on it, and i told him I cleaned the MAF after the tune. He said, "Bring it back i'll double check everything." It was good thing Mike told me to come back because cleaning the MAF def changed few things. This is the night before Santa Run2, I get to his house at about 10pm, and he starts on it, well the car wasn't liking the number that it was getting. Then it started to die at low rpms. We were thinking MAF is probably done. It was already 12am, and man i was :( thinking here goes Santa Run. He even offered to take the MAF off his car and put it on my car. The sadness didn't last long, after few minutes we were good to go again. He figured out the problem. I almost gave up, but Mike didn't. We finally returned home at 2am, and car was running as strong it could be. This was his personal time he put in to make sure my car was running strong and safe for the event. Did he have to? No, but he did. Car ran like a champ on track (other than my not so pro driving lol), power was smooth, and was pulling strong all day & night coming back home. When i got back I looked into the ECU to see how everything was, it was perfect, no knock, not a cough, not a hick-up.

Not only does he tune the car, but tells one exactly what he is doing, and teaches them as much as he can. I went in with zero knowledge on how to read tables, charts, etc. Now i'll say i am about about 6 out 10. I'll still be at zero if it wasn't for him teaching me. Never has he said no or can't to me when i needed help. Not only a great friend, but a great person also. Always lending a helping hand whenever needed.

All i can say is, Mike as much as i bug you with my questions, may want to get used to them because I'll be sticking around for a good while haha. Looking forward get more stuff and work done by you.

2. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

nice write up, sounds like a solid guy. Mike, im looking for a tune pretty soon, are you okay with UTEC? PM me with some pricing.

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Mike is definitely a great guy, and will make an excellent new vendor to our community.

Also, on another note, "Mike@Sargent Performance. aka Crashtke, i can't appraise enough"

It is praise, not appraise

Appraise
    1. to estimate the monetary value of; determine the worth of; assess: We had an expert appraise the house before we bought it.
    2. to estimate the nature, quality, importance, etc.: He tried to appraise the poetry of John Updike.

Praise
    1. the act of expressing approval or admiration; commendation; laudation.
    2. the offering of grateful homage in words or song, as an act of worship: a hymn of praise to God.
    3. the state of being approved or admired: The king lived in praise for many years.
    4. Archaic. a ground for praise, or a merit.

4. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

That is very good to hear. I remember you telling me about this process. Good job Mike. This says a lot for someone who is starting to produce kits and parts. Great start to what seems to be a long term venture.

Now, since you are up @ Orton. You and Neil have 1 year to help me build a stroked 1.8T A4 (2.0 or 2.2) to over 550awhp NO LAG. No excuses, get cracking, and git er dun! LOL

5. UpSideDownDesi

Yea man the night before, Santa Run2 i pulled a all nighter. I was more worried about the car than good ol sleep lol.

6. UpSideDownDesi

To add on to my first post:
    As a result of great service, product knowledge, his dedication behind his work, and him being a great person, I am getting very first Sargent Performance s256 Rotated kit. I am in great hands, and not worried a bit. Anyone who knows me, knows how picky i am when it comes to getting stuff done to my car. That alone should tell a lot :). If you would like to know the kit detail shoot me a PM.
    Here's a teaser for y'all:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  7. UpSideDownDesi

double post FTL

8. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

So you double post to rub it in......:fawk:

9. UpSideDownDesi

i was holding back on the news, but eh it was going to come out of the bag sooner or later. lol

10. WTFJayJay

WTFJayJay Member

+1 on this write up.

I've yet to have my car tuned by Mike, but when I first got my car and didn't know much yet I had some general questions about tuning. Well he pmed me right away and actually ended up calling me with more info as well. All n all he seems like a really nice guy who REALLY knows what hes doing on top of that.

As soon I get get some more cash together I will be having him give me a protune for sure. :bigthumb:

11. UpSideDownDesi

i can't add value to quality work, and time he has put in my car. I'll say both apply to his work in my case :D.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  12. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Thanks for all the high praise. Not sure about the appraise stuff, but I'll take the praise ;) I try to help out where I can.

13. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Big honking turbo and a lot of N02 to spool it coming right up! Or we could just shoe horn a built 2.5 Sti motor in there and it would become easier. Anything is possible with the right amount of money :ddirty:

14. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Congrats on the rotated kit Desi!! I cant wait to get my kit installed too. I'm getting the first 300 series rotated kit! Mike has been a fantastic vendor to me so far. He calls me regularly to update me on the progress of fabrication or even just to b/s for min. :bigthumb:

15. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Thanks again for the compliments. Can't wait to see it on the car and start the tune! That 300 series is a serious turbo!

16. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yea, when I had a problem with my fuel Mike randomly gave me a call and I mentiond what I had a problem with and he came over and spent a few hours with me. Turns out it was exactly what he thought it was and saved me ALOT of time and possibly money, Mike's a great guy and I agree that he can add alot to this community.

17. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Same here, no issues, no attitude and completely reliable! In the current economy where there is much redundancy of high quality products on the market the key is customer service and standing by your product(s). If you have a great product(s) but you are a ghost when your customers need you, you fail, you are done! If you have a great product(s),are there for your customers and stand by your product(s), you will have loyalty and they will keep the "pdr's"(personally developed referrals) coming. Mike has figured this out. I will definitely be a repeat customer. I feel Mike will have great success.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  18. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Glad to help out and glad to finally meet you face to face.