Without King, Classic subaru are going down

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by 1naplay, Feb 10, 2009.

1. 1naplay

1naplay Member

Without King, Classic subaru is going down

long story short, i had an appointment with classic, because the brackets that holds the heat shield was broken off, i went there, the new tech that replaced "The King" Didnt know anything about subaru. He said..... this heat shield looks like aftermarket...... I was like "For real" thats why say COBB on it? and he said that the brackets that was on it was aftermarket too, so he can't order me the new part, I told him, no is not, is OEM, he was like ok let me take a look and give you the parts numbers...15 mins later, they gave me the invoce charging me 60+ dollars and gave me the WRONG parts numbers. can't believe they got the balls to charge a customer when they didnt even touch my car and gave me the wrong parts number. only thing i have to say is I will NEVER GO BACK THERE even if they are the last subaru dealership around.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I know what you're talking about... It's hard to find a good SUBARU mechanic. I wish WJM was still local... I wish I could get a job somewhere so I could wrench. I know that I'd know more than 90% of people out there... it's that 10% of stuff I don't know that keeps me from trying. There probably has to be certifications or something too...

3. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Thanks for the heads up man. I wasn't planning on going to Classic and now I definitely have a reason not to go.

4. 1naplay

1naplay Member

yeah, i was really disapointed, is different if they actually worked on my car and tell me what parts i need it so i can order it or they can get it for me, so they can make money and keep a happy customer, but i guess they choose to piss off a customer because they want to make a quick 60 dollars insted of 250 dollars, I'm trying to ask them to give me my money back, but with my luck, i'm sure i wont :(

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

There are plenty of good Subaru mechanics around that don't work for dealerships.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience there.

7. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

This is why I've always gone to SoG for parts. If you're having a doubt whether its the right part, Lisa or the other girl will turn the monitor around so you can look at the diagrams and make sure its correct.

And they at least used to give us a little bit of a club discount, I havent been up there in over a year so I'm not sure if thats still active, esp with SS and WJM gone.

8. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

SOK also printed quite a few explosions for me when I was asking about interior parts while waiting for my timing belt.

I mean seriously, if you can't turn the monitor around, how hard is CTRL-P?

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Honestly, all these poor dealership reviews lately is really sad. With the economy in the shitter, most business have shifted their focus to a Customer Service mode, trying to keep their customers happy so they will eventually come back and spend more money.

You would think that with the high cost of purchasing a new car, that sales would be down drastically, as they are. Therefore, you would think that the dealerships would be going out of their way to keep a customer happy, but between this thread and Biggis Blow'd Up 08 STI thread, that definitely isn't happening in the Subaru world. Not sure about other Manufacturers, but if they are following anywhere near the trend Subaru is, its no wonder they are all failing in these economic hard times.

10. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I would drive from Gwinnett just to see King, lol. Good guy I tell ya. SOA should have him on commercials!

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Right but Subaru sales are up. In my opinion focus is switching from STI fan boys to the big money RS sales, and dealerships are re-aligning to that fact.

12. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

sorry to hear you got the FNG at classic. I think they still have one of the top techs in the southeast. His name escapes me, but I think it's the guy that trained King. I heard when SOA has a problemed problem, they send it to him. I soul still feel more comfortable with the King, but I've had good service at classic in the past.

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I drove from Myrtle Beach SC to Jacksonville Fl (5 1/2 hrs) just to let WJM fix my car in 15 mins.

14. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

^^^^Good mechanics are worth the drive!

15. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

I go to SOG for Motul...but when major services are needed...I am willing to drive to see the KING!!! oh and SOG is only 10 minutes from my house to put in perspective...I do love SOG customer service..neil and jill are the best! Hope ya don't have to go back to classic again!!!!

16. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Yes, Neil and Jill are THE best thing at SOG IMO, along with the parts dept, lol!

17. WTFJayJay

WTFJayJay Member

yeah i cant think of his name either, but he is good. and really nice guy at that. i remember him saying one of the other techs just got transferred to the the kennesaw store and he had originally trained him. when i first got my car from classic it had all kinds of little stuff messing up left and right and he set everything straight for me.

18. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Haven't tested the service dept. there in a few years... My cars have been new and I change my own oil... But I remember a few years back even getting an oil change was a hassle. Their service guy Jerry was not the most efficient. I will say this though, the 2 purchase experiences I had there were excellent, really nice guys...

19. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

the guy at classic everyone is talking about that trained me is Tom. he still works at classic and is a great guy. if you do go to classic just ask for him to work on your car

20. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Yup Tom is good but I still make the trip to see Stephen at SOK. If you need to go to Classic ask for Tom he knows his Suby's!

21. 1naplay

1naplay Member

you know with my experience now, I will not go back to classic......is like this, why would i go there if i got you to work on my car LOL well i ordered the parts for the second time, hope is right, and you be getting my call soon ;) KING Rules!!!! :rofl:

22. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I've never had problems with the parts department at Classic - and it's 5 minutes from where I work, compared to 45+ minutes to SoG.

23. JZaal

JZaal New Member

1naplay, lets play!

Hello Mr. 1naplay,

Just wanted to take the opportunity to set the record straight and let everyone know about the kind of customers that every once in a while frequent our establishment. There are 2 sides to a story and do not want one bad apple to ruin the whole bunch, so here is our side.

I have recently taken over Classic Subaru as a Sales Manager and so far, every report I've seen about our Service Department, Tom Griffin (25 years of working on Subarus) and Chris have been positive ones. There will be however some instances when we're wrong and there are others when the customer will try to put one over on us and unfortunately this is the one.

Mr. 1naplay showed up with an older model Sti which he purchased used and with it brought in an aftermarket Cobb turbo shield. During conversation, Mr.
    1anaplay suggested to my Service Advisor the part be warrantied through Subaru. Not!!!! Standard procedure dictates that the car be looked at in order to see what type of part is needed and make the customer aware of any other issues. Keys were handed over willingly to my Advisor and the vehicle was put on the lift for further inspection. Part numbers were gathered and an invoice for $60 was generated since that's what we charge if a vehicle goes on the lift.

Per my Service Advisor, my tech and my Service Director, you decided to throw a fit about the $60 and left without getting the part numbers you needed for the brackets and the shield. Saddest of all was, you didn't even give us Management a chance to make it right and either refund you the money or even better yet, sell you the parts at our cost. Instead, you choose to bad mouth us through this medium and not take any responsibility for your actions.

I challenge ANYONE, if they have issues with Classic Subaru and the Service Department, to speak with me JAY ZAAL and I will hear you out and make it right. Been doing this too long for one customer to ruin a good dealer's rep. That's customer service for you my friend. Not run out like a pissed off 5 year old and tell only your twisted side of the story.

I joined WRXAtl when I took over the dealership at the end of Jan. in order to reach out to the WRX/ STi and Subaru communities and not to alienate our most valuable asset...YOU GUYS!

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

CLAPS BRAVO!

Boo to anyone thinking Subaru is gonna warranty a non-OEM part.....:rolleyes:

25. JZaal

JZaal New Member

Funny, I have no parts ordered for you here at Classic!

SonicBoom,

Come see me at Classic! I'll get you an oil change for free!!! Try us out and you'll see what I'm talking about!!!!!!!! 1st Class service!!!

Thanks Doc!!!

The name of The Tech at Classic that trained The King is Tom Griffin! I'll make sure he's the one working on your cars!

Hey FkUiHdCncr,

Before you talk s_ _t, give us a try at our parts dept. first. If we fail, then you're allowed to join the bash Classic Banwagon!!!

Wanna job as a tech? Come see me at Classic. I'm serious!

Strayen,

Free oil change for you too for talkin' s_ _t about Classic. Come see me and I'll introduce you to Tom Griffin. After you're done meeting him and his wisdom you'll reconsider. I'm putting my money where my mouth is, will you?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009
  26. FACE

FACE Active Member

I want a free oil change! I always talk good about Jerry and Tom!

27. FACE

FACE Active Member

Tom Griffin FTW!

28. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

yeah...classic sucks!!

j/k

Tom is a good guy. Never dealt with anyone else there though.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  29. JZaal

JZaal New Member

No parts ordered??? Hmmmmmmm

Ask and you shall receive! But you haven't even asked for your money back. Dude, I thought you had ordered the parts from us and we got them wrong. I'm lost! Call me cause we need to talk. Better yet, come see me at Classic!!

30. JZaal

JZaal New Member

Thanks, and at least you sound honest about it!!!

31. JZaal

JZaal New Member

Presidente,

Sorry you had to hear bad information! My WRX/ STi Event is still on for July 11th. Come hell or high water!

32. FACE

FACE Active Member

I would not buy a car from classic but I would not hesitate to have Tom work on my car ;)

Ask Jerry or Tom and they will tell you who I am :)

33. JZaal

JZaal New Member

Why???? I just got 2 STi's on my allocation and already presold. There's a new Sheriff in town and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it right.

34. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Funny, I thought Classic is where you bought your 06.

35. FACE

FACE Active Member

I did buy my 06 from there. Then other things happened (not for this thread) and I was not inclinded to be a repeat Sales customer...

36. JZaal

JZaal New Member

Yes Tom is awesome!! But we still suck even though you have never dealt with anyone else here? I think you need a free oil change too. Come see me!

37. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

So...1 free oil change for WRXAtlanta.com "supporting" members?!?!?! :sx:

Jay's the man! :bowdown:

38. JZaal

JZaal New Member

Nice! Thanks for lookin out!

39. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

j/k means just kidding. :)

40. Jake

Jake Active Member

YAY free oil changes for everyone!!!!

[​IMG]

41. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

pm sent

:unamused:

42. 1naplay

1naplay Member

wow I Love how you guys make up stories, the first thing I said was is aftermarket part and my car is already over 40,000 miles anyways so there was no warranty, so get it right if you want to talk, and you didnt talk to me, so i'm sure you dont know what i said. sencond, you guys gave me the part number that is nothing to do with it "stay 1" and "stay 2"??? you work there, so look it up. nothing to do with the parts that was broken from my car. and I did give you guys a chance to talk, but the person that checked my car in, said there is nothing you guys can do because my car went on the lift so we going to charge you. thats what he said..... so before you trying to lie on your story, you guys need to have a better communication within YOUR TEAM. oh yeah, i never had anywork done by TOM but I'm sure would be good work if King Learn from him. :)

43. 1naplay

1naplay Member

44. 1naplay

1naplay Member

mmmmm once again, did ask and got nothing from the guys that check my car in, and why dont you guys check on your email more often... on your website have a part that said customer question or something like that, so check it then you can tell me that i didnt ask :)

45. JZaal

JZaal New Member

Yeah! And wagunz pwn is payin'.

46. JZaal

JZaal New Member

You're still mumbling and have not heard from you! I'm willing to work with you but you just want to keep bashin'. Anyway, I'm here when you're ready for us to make you happy! :wiggle:

47. 1naplay

1naplay Member

not mumbling or bashing, was just returning your post, go check your email and make me happy :)

48. FACE

FACE Active Member

Where were you on 12-19-08...

I Saved 7k on the 08 by going through SOK

49. 1naplay

1naplay Member

just talked to Jay, Nice Guy, and he is really trying to do anything to make it right, so I'm going to give him a chance. :)

50. FACE

FACE Active Member

Thats awesome to hear that a dealer is trying to make things better!