OPen to suggestions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by goixiz, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Open to suggestions

Im between a rock and a hard place – a while ago I have a couple products at that point in time it does not make sense to have any vendor accounts because the cost of it cannot be absorbed by the small amount of items I offer.

Today I have a few more items but I also incur a lot more stock and cost. But still this is not a business otherwise the prices you see will be significantly different. Although I’m covered under my own engineering consulting business, this small “division” is more for fun and I enjoy it a lot.

To my defense, I support the community maybe not to some of you but I give my items away, I provide manufacturing for a fraction of the cost. I am on 3 nationwide forums more of semi vendor basis and in turn I provide all their members with specials and free goods (fully functional prototypes and parts I test and trade). Example next week Im launching two new products and those forums gets first pick and the special price offerings that is not available anywhere except their members.

MY personal target is by 2010 I will not be shipping anything and let the vendors take responsibility and I concentrate on designing and manufacturing new components and systems. I think when that happens some will miss the great value I provide today.

After all this is said, I still do not think its possible for me to support (in terms of financial – a full vendor account) this particular community like described. If there are alternate arrangements I would entertain the discussion.

I apologize for the long winded post above.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Your post has been locked but not deleted. This is to serve as an example for all community members who are considering whether or not to purchase an advertising subscription. The sponsorship program helps us pay for the maintenance and improvement of this community.

No member has the right nor the privilege to advertise their services or products without prior written consent from the Administration or Moderator staff. This is written in our terms of service that each new registration accepts upon account creation.

If there are any questions or concerns regarding this policy, I encourage you or any other member to contact me directly via our private message system.

Regards,
    Alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.