Garage Door Help!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JL889, Feb 28, 2009.

1. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

Hey has anyone on here ever installed their own Garage Door opener. So today I go to open my garage door and wham bam its off the chain. So i adjust it and put the chain back on the pully. NOW IT DOES NOT GO ALL THE WAY UP? I mean WTF? Anyone have some advice. I have reset it, tried taking the door of the tract and letting and go all the way up? I have no idea :grr:

Any help is appreciated! :bowdown::bowdown:

2. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I've repaired mine a few times, maybe I could help.

3. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

Whatcya thinking is amatter with it?

4. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

you probably confused the machine. Was it all the way up or down when it came off the track? Otherwise, it probably thinks it's all the way up...when it isn't. Hope that makes sense.

5. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

I think it was in the middle.

6. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

you need to take the chain off and let it either circulate to all the way open or all the way closed then match the door and put the chain back on... that should solve it, we had to do that at are old house alot cause we are cheap lol

7. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

try and call http://habproservices.com/ 770-985-3355 he fixed mine a month or so ago and did a great job and responded rather quickly! Maybe he can help you over phone..

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

This sounds about right, I think the machine is just off track. Let it run a full cycle (up and down) and try again.

9. I was actually messing with mine just yesterday because it was going to far up and broke one the cables. On mine theres an adjustment for up and down travel distance. You might want to check that out.