Miata owners chime in

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cool_____, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm looking for a NEW OEM 1.6L Miata engine to go into a 1992 Miata. SS told me mazdaspeed.com but that site reverts to japanparts.com and I can't find anything on engines....that site SUCKS.

Anyone know where I can get a GOOD newly built 1.6L for the 1992?

How about this place? They have one for $1122.33 for a long block.
    http://www.rpmmachine.com/enginetopmazda.html

This is going on a daily driven car that is going to be BONE stock.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

3. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Are you sure he didn't mean mazmart.com? Mazmart is a local company that sells used Mazda parts, mostly RX8/Miata (you may already know this...).

EDIT: I see that you want NEW. Is there something wrong with a rebuild? I would be shocked if someone was still manufacturing new versions of a 16 year old engine....you might have better luck with a 1.8...you would have to do a little bit of stuff for a swap, but not much....

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It can be refurbed. We want to keep it simple as in I pull the 1.6L and drop a new one right back in. Nope SS texted me and it says mazdaspeed.com.

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

mx5-atl yielded NOTHING.

6. Matt

yes, MazMart is the option.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Nothing on MazMart about longblocks or crate engines.

8. Matt

they do have used/refurbed motors...

I suggest calling them

9. BelvnAWD

You might want to give R-Speed a call as well. They might be able to point you in the right direction...and, there is a shop in Alpahretta that builds/supports Spec Miata's, surely they know where to get engines. Sorry I can't remember the name right now though.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

MazMart told me that they only deal with Rotary engines.

Sigh this is hard.....

11. Matt

something must have changed. I've had 3 or 4 friends get Miata engines from there in the past years.

12. longfury

longfury Active Member

R-speed over here in Marietta should be able to get to squared away.

13. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

Sunbelt and OPM

$$$$

14. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

i got a complete refurbed long block from a place in gainsville for @950 out the door a few years back for my 91 miata. i can't remember the name of the place, but i will dig up the old paper work tomorrow.

15. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Rspeed...call and ask for Marty

16. BelvnAWD

That's it OPM, Thanks Patrick. They HAVE to be able to tell you where to grab a block from...

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm hoping we can get a complete longblock for under $2K. That's a crate motor or a fully rebuilt one. It's the 1.6L we need. Will any of the Miata 1.6L work? I've read of a long nose vs short nose but couldn't make out if that was the engine or the body they was talking about.

I'm a Miata NOOB.

18. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

any 1.6 liter will work but you do want from 92-93...supposedly they fixed the "crank wobble" problem or whatever it was called. They both will fit and have no real performance difference though from what i know. (someone will probably prove me wrong in a minute.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  19. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I just want a simple drop in and reattach flawless swap. This car is a daily and not performance.

20. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

then yes any 1.6 liter should work fine...