Moving to Atlanta soon.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MaxPsi, Mar 6, 2009.

1. MaxPsi

MaxPsi New Member

Hey all,

Seeing the other moving to atl threads, sparked some interest in asking fellow scooby members about living in Atlanta. I've lived in Macon awhile now, and needless to say it sucks! I have lived in other bigger cities, like phoenix AZ, Louisville, KY, and pretty much I dont like small towns. I'm 18 now, and will be 19 in June. I plan on moving somewhere near the city so I can attend Georgia State University in the fall. Where is a good place to live that is close to the school?

My car is an 04 silver bugeye it has an 18g , hyperflow tmic and a ppg transmission.

- Max

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome to the site!

I cant help you in terms of living advice, but whats your budget??

3. Matt

damn double post....

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  4. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

welcome to the site... nice to see another some more of the young crowd...

5. jeb

jeb Member

I've lived downtown for the past 6 years and have a friend that's in grad school at state and just went through looking for a place this past summer. Anywhere walking distance to state is really expensive so he ended up living in the midtown area. How much are you looking to spend? Anywhere near downtown that I would want to live is going to end up around $800/mo with all of your utilities and rent. If you find roommates splitting the utility costs saves you a lot. There are some places that are easy drives to state just east of the connector on I20 but I don't know as much about them. Give us a price range you're willing to pay and we'll be able to help you more

6. MaxPsi

MaxPsi New Member

Is this place full of older people? I was hoping this website is for people that like to get together, have meets and just hangout.

I really don't want a roomate and my parents are giving me 1200 a month for living expenses as long as I keep my grades up. I think dealing with a roommate might make it harder to make sure I get good grades.

- Max

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

1200? youd be lucky to find a decent place for 1k 1 br...

Get a roommate! Save some cash

8. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

Its both, there is maybe 4 people our age.

and why not live on campus?

9. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

welcome!! hope ya get living arrangement figured out and hope to see ya at some meets!

10. MaxPsi

MaxPsi New Member

Only 4. This place sounds more like a Corvette forum where everybody is old and going through a mid-life crisis.

I'm guessing there aren't too many ladies here either. :wtc:

11. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

haha, actually we have a pretty even bell curve here.

Most people are 25ish

12. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

we might be older...but we still hang out.

look here...http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

lol, you can't delete your own post??

welcome to atl.

14. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

you're going to fit in well. I'm going through my mid life crisis at the ripe age of 25!

15. Matt

you want ladies, go to the honda forums...or scion

;)

16. Matt

there's no fun in that.... ;)

17. Biggis

Biggis Member

They usually have a touch of the V-TEC. There arn't enough Z-packs in the world to cure that stuff.

Welcome to the site. I suppose i'm one of the Corvette owning middle aged people.

I actually do wish I had one. :unamused:

18. Deke

Deke Active Member

For your reference:
    http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19608

You're on the younger side, but there are plenty of us in college still (I believe even Alex, the site creator, is still in school).

And lol at you expecting to find ladies on a car forum. You're in college, I think you'll be alright :)

Welcome to the site btw.

PS, is your car a bugeye or is it an 04? (or do you have some kind of conversion done)

19. jeb

jeb Member

20. Matt

Alex graduated 4 months ago.... :)

21. Deke

Deke Active Member

I've lived in Post Biltmore for the last 3 years. I don't really know the pricing for the studios, but for my one bedroom (which is fairly spacious), it's around $1300 a month. I know a few people that live in a two bedroom with a roommate and I believe they pay more around $800. It's a pretty nice place though, and I'd deifnitely recommend the apartments to anyone.

Well damnit. I need to go ahead and graduate. :)

22. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Hah, we always love to hang out and talk shop :)

Welcome :wavey:

23. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

welcome!

24. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome to the site!

25. MaxPsi

MaxPsi New Member

The person who owned it before me got in an accident and somehow had the 04 front clip put on. Its really a bugeye at heart.

I'm going to be in town sometime in the next couple of weeks to check out the town and figure where I want to live. Hopefully there will be a get together of some kind.

26. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

I think there is more than 4 young people on here. I'm 20.

Wouldn't you rather hang out with guys who actually know what they are talking about than teenagers in their civics who only talk about vtec and street racing?

27. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

More like in August :unamused:

28. MaxPsi

MaxPsi New Member

wohoo

i'm moving to atl this weekend. my p's ended up buying a condo at atlantic station. the prices were so cheap they decided it would be worth the investment to own instead of rent.

29. techlord

techlord Active Member

Congrats you will love the area and cool crew here.
    Let me know when you get settled in and want to swing by for the mounts.