Anyone been having issues with AT&T's network?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Demo24, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Demo24

Demo24 Member

It's been giving me issues all afternoon. I haven't been able to make calls on a regular basis, some go through others just time out. Text messages seem to take forever to send.

Some of my friends had this issue too. Then coming back from dinner it wouldn't let my mom make a call saying "emergency calls only". So I'm guessing they are have some pretty decent problems to create these kind of problems especially for so long. Anyone else experience this or know whats up? :coolugh:

2. FACE

FACE Active Member

Yeah my cell has just not rang at times and I end up with a voicemail...and no missed call

H..Hd audio h.has...has b.b.b.b.een studdddering a bit lately too.

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

die att!!!!!

4. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i had an issue with an ATT tech the other day knocking on my door, I about socked his lights out for waking me up and daring to say they had called ahead... -_-

5. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

I have had calls dropping for the last 2 weeks. It's been driving me nuts. Glad to hear it's not just me.

6. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

sometimes signal will weak for no reason, overall it is still better than T-mobil singal wise

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

No problems here...

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

yes I have been having numerous dropped calls the last 3 weeks and this morning, if 3g was on the phone wouldn't make calls or receive any data. So I turned it off. I've come very close on the last few weeks to dropping AT&T all together. I'm tired of this bullshit I don't give them $1200 a year for dropped calls and network issues.

Granted until this past month I haven't had a single network related issue with them in three years, at least nothing that wasn't fixed almost immediately.

9. Demo24

Demo24 Member

yeah I was wondering if it had something to do with their 3g network as that's what my phone had switched to. I never thought to turn it off though, might if I get issues like this again.

10. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I thought that ATT was phasing out their EDGE/whatever network in favor of their 3G network?

11. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

edge is standard digital. They won't get rid of that until they get the 3G stable enough :)rofl:) to drop edge. That more than likely won't be until 4G comes out.....in 5 years

I've had ZERO service issues with Verizon in 5 years, btw. :p

12. jayj713

jayj713 Member

I haven't had any dropped calls but friday night for a while it said 'Congestion' everytime i tried to make a call to someone.

13. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

so how do you prove you have shitty service so you dont have to pay a fee?

14. Jake

Jake Active Member

ha, thats the trick isnt it....

i was able to walk into tmobile with my phone at the time and was like "look, i don't have service in your freaking store!! It's either this phone or your shit service!" we tried numerous phones and none had service in their own store in the middle of Savannah!

needless to say, i was able to get out of that contract scott-free and have been very happy with AT&T until the last month.....

15. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Correct, It is the Digital networks that got turned off, or at least the Federal regulations requiring those networks to continue to be operational has expired, so all providers are free to turn them off at their choosing.

I have had my AT&T service for 8 years now and have never had a service related issue. Any problems I have ever had with wireless service has been more an issue with the device than with the network.

If you are still having AT&T issues, PM me your address and I can see if we had any network outages or anything going on over the weekend/past few weeks.

16. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

ok, this is somewhat related, I also have AT&T and noticed last week that the 3G symbol disappeared and was replaced with an H. anyone know what the H is for? I am more curious than anything, since I don't use the phone for more than talking to people all that much.

17. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Not all of AT&Ts UMTS network supports HSDPA. When the phone is on 3G and not HSDPA, it'll show 3G, when on HSDPA it'll show H.

18. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

you're thinking of the analog networks that were turned off Feb of last year. The digital networks are still up and running.

19. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Correct, but there are no federal regulations that say that have to continue maintaining those networks. AT&T still is for the time being, but not allowing customer's to activate new devices on the TDMA network. If a customer already has a TDMA phone, we will continue to let them use that service, although we could cut them off and force them over to GSM.

20. Demo24

Demo24 Member

My phone went to "G" for a bit today, then switched back to E rather quickly. Happened just after I finished a call, never seen that symbol before.

21. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Gprs.