Netbooks and Tethering

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Genya, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Lemme see your netbook if you got one! I just got one so i can surf in piece at work, and find the whole concept neat, picked up an 1000H and just seeing if anyone else has gotten one to play with.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I tether my notebook to my black berry from time to time?

3. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Yeah im tryin to set it up now, seems pretty simple, just want to be able to use it anywhere. Esp driving around.

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Please explain what netbook and tetherin is por favor

5. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

I have a Dell Mini 9 best $300 i've spend recently.

6. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

here

7. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Thanks, I was actually mobile on my lunch break and didnt have time to search.

9. Trey

Trey Active Member

Tether = using your mobile device (blackberry) as a modem to connect to the internet from your laptop or netbook either from a usb cable or bluetooth.

10. Trey

Trey Active Member

Dude, that is awesome!

11. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

i tethered with my iphone when it was jailbroken. I no longer have a jailbroken phone but it was sweet when it was working

12. Alex

On our drive out to SEMA I was tethering on the BB constantly.

13. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Have to becareful if you are tethering with a jail broken iphone due to the lovely folks at ATT putting data transfer limits on the Unlimited plan.

"The parties agree that AT&T has the right to impose additional charges if you use more than 5 gigabytes in a month. Prior to the imposition of any additional charges, AT&T shall provide you with notice and you shall have the right to terminate your service."

14. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

i was just been an a$$ :wavey:

wow, thanks for the heads up

15. Alex

Wow...just wow.

16. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Wow, where did you find this? I would hope that if you decide to terminate your service, that we are charging you the $175 Early Termination Fee.

17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

actually, that's in the ToS for any carrier that allows tethering, not just at&t. It's in Verizon's ToS policy, as well as Sprint and IIRC, T-mobile