WRXatlanta Challenge Presented by WRXatlanta.com and The Atlanta Region of the SCCA

Discussion in 'Auto-X Solo I/II, Drag, Track, Rally' started by miloman, Mar 15, 2006.

?

Should we enforce the use of WRXatlanta AutoX numbers for eligibility?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I'm not certain about the fiberglass hood, i don't think it's legal. I know for CERTAIN RA-1s are not allowed in STU. If you want more advice i would suggest going to the solo atlanta forums and posting up there (www.soloatlanta.com).

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

sorry... i muistve missed your earlier post... i have added u to the list... make sure u enter WRXatl in the car model

3. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

You are correct that you can run SM as-is with the RA1s. If you remove the EM, put the stock hood back on, and run your Falkens then you would be legal in STU. I'm not sure what JDM rear valences are, but even if they aren't STU legal then I doubt anyone would take issue with that...

FWIW you would be most competitive in STU with your current setup.

4. thejackal

thejackal Member

Awesome, this is just the info I was lookin for! Found the supplemental guidelines on the scca website for the street touring ultra -- thanks : - )

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  5. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

So, what now?
    bump

Oh yeah, 1984, it was great meeting you. did you figure out the "klunk" in your front end?

my best time was 59.575. bone stock baby!
    i got schooled by an IS300. he was fast.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

results from points 1 posted... waiting for results from points 2

7. 1984

1984 Member

Nice to meet you too. I think the clunk has to do with my sway bar. I need to get under there and take a good look this weekend. Thanks for help by the way.
    59.575 is a great time! Faster than my only clean run of the day. But yeah, Al in the Yellow IS is blazin' fast...maybe becuase he wears short shorts? Too bad I had to leave eary and miss my fourth run. The runs at event 2 seemed to take forever.

8. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

it did take FOREVER! 2.5 hours i think.

9. Meredith

Meredith Banned

The third run group was so long my rear tires never got up to temperature.... maybe it's because they are really wide :). Great seeing everyone out there! Don't worry I got schooled by a porsche and a s2k.

10. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

just wish there was MORE of us out there. only saw about 4 or 5 of us racing.
    those damn s2k's!

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

points 2 preliminary results are updated in the first post... if you believe you participated in the challenge but your name is not on there, please PM me ASAP

12. 1984

1984 Member

Weee...I sucked it up at that event. Great job everyone else!

13. thejackal

thejackal Member

Crap I didn't get to meet anyone --- I ran in the morning, saw everyones cars on grid, but had to leave after I was finished working the course.... Nice tires Meredith!!! Wow are those on 8" rims????

14. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Yo, milo. i PMed ya.
    i should be in there somewhere. maybe at the top? ;)

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

updated with current points
    M-chan in the lead :bigthumb:

16. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Technically Patrick should be in the lead, for some reason his points from event 1 were not counted.

17. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

there have been some issues with registration in the past 2 events, especially since its the first time something like this has been implemented... we have been working with soloatlanta to sort them out...

18. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i guess i'll make the next one...

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im gonna try to fix that... however, due to the earlier misunderstanding, i think its gonna be late now

20. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

no worries, milo. jsut bustin' your balls. not like you have a lot going on or anything. ;)

just remember, Superdude=Randy WILKINSON :keke:
    i am son of wilkin, whoever the hell that is.

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:rofl: now i will never forget

22. ndhawk

ndhawk New Member

Is it too late to enter this?

Is it too late to enter into this competition? I've attended both of the first two events but didn't know about this website until, well, today. I'm running a 2002 WRX Sedan in the ESP class, as is my brother (in my car).

23. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

It is never too late

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

not too late... adding u to the list :)

make sure u follow the registration instructions

25. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

points updated... M-chan still in the lead :bigthumb:

26. timbo

timbo New Member

I'm registered. Talked to 2 others who are registering..

27. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im registered for the next 2 weekends... i wont be able to make it this weekend since i will be travelling but i plan to go on the 10th

28. revel

revel Member

so registration is closed for the remaining events?? boo. now that the suby challenge is cancelled i was lookin to get some runs in at the SCCA events. oh well. next year i guess.

so guess i will go ahead and ask if i can participate.....can i participate?

29. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Registration is open. I just signed up for the event on Sunday. Go to soloatlanta.com

--
    Brian

30. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yes u can... make sure u put WRXatlanta in your make/model

31. KtownSubaru

KtownSubaru Member

I went to the site and saw that registration is open for the tenth... but also that there was a list of eligible warriors on the first post months ago. Does is still apply that the event is not open to everyone on the site? And if so, would it be a wise choice to enter with a totally stock car? I just want to go out and do some autox. I did not yet complete the registration without having these questions answered, but the last step I got to showed a 0.00$ registration fee, is this correct if i were to register? In other words, is it free or what is the cost?

-Curtis

32. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Registration is open for tomorrow's points event until 9:00 tonight, I believe. Anyone is more than welcome to come participate at the event (assuming you have a driver's license and are over 18). If you want to participate in the WRXAtlanta Challenge, simply list WRXAtlanta somewhere in your registration so that it will be counted when results are determined.

As for registering with a stock car, go for it. There are plenty of people that just show up and drive. Cost should be $25 (paid at site) for SCCA members and $35 (I think) for non-members. It used to be that if you joined the club that day you autocross for free. I think membership is $75ish yearly.

Of course, I'd recommend further research at: www.soloatlanta.com

33. KtownSubaru

KtownSubaru Member

Class?

So as it's my first autox/any event, I have no idea what class to enter. The car is stock *aside from* a CAI if somebody can tell me that, or if there is a site where I can do my own research a link to that would also be appreciated.

-Curtis

34. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

35. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

final points have been updated... current leaders are (1) Meredith Najewicz, (2) David Strall and (3) Brian Bell...

on a side note, we got props on the solo forums for bringing out 10 new drivers this past event... (http://soloatlanta.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2128) thanks to all who participated and helped make this happen... hopefully next time i will see the people who rode along actually racing :bigthumb:

36. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Trophies will be awarded to the challenge winners. Currently, considering the number of people that have participated in at least 4 events this year, trophies will be awarded to the top 2 positions. If this statistic changes over the next event, then a trophy may be awarded to 3rd place as well.

37. Tal

Tal Member

Hi,
    I am planning to come - do I need to pre-register? or can I just show up?
    what time do I need to be there?
    thanks
    Tal

38. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

39. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

40. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

congratulations guys :bigthumb:

41. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Is there a points list for this current season?

42. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Yes there is. We should have it up soon.

43. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I will generate the WRX points as soon as I receive the final results for points 3.

Milo, Are we keeping the same 9-6-4-3-2-1 as last season, or do you want to do something else? Let me know,

--
    Brian

44. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

That should be fine. The other valid option would be 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 for top 8. Whatever you prefer.

45. Dragan

Dragan New Member

Looking forward to some serious fun

46. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

way to bump a 2 year old thread. :unamused:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  47. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

This thread is from 3 years ago...

Take a look at some of the more recent threads for more up to date infomation

48. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Anyway...

welcome to the board!

49. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Doh

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  50. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

I really want to attend another autox! I had a blast last time I went. Dont wanna drive my car tho.