Anyone wana Help Out? Big Installment day? Maybe?

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Trancetto, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Got few parts that i need to install. I wanna see if anyone is willing to install some of these parts? Im willing to pay, buy drinks, food etc..but it has to be done at your place with your tools. Living in an apartment with no garage and no tools sucks ass.

Car:
    02 wrx stock
    12xk miles

Parts that need to go on and replace the stock:

VF39 thanks sunny
    pinks again sunny
    3"DP
    UP
    3"catback
    FMIC(if possible, or i can just take the car to TS and have them do it) ty jayjay
    Walbro Fuel pump

WHERE:Thanks to "07Ltd#767", the GTG is at his place.
    Adress:
    628 Pecan Knoll Dr
    Marietta, GA

WHEN:GTG will happen some time in mid May

Most of these parts were bought from guys on here, and some from nosiac. All parts but fuel pump and the UP are used. I dont have all the gaskets(which im planning on ordering in a day or two) or can i reuse the gaskets that are already there on stock parts? I dont have all the bolts,screws that i need. Im not sure if i can reuse the bolts from the stock exhaust for the Invidia exhaust. If not, who ever helps, we can drive to the nearest store and buy the bolts we need.

LMK if anything is possible.

:eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes:

Also, i dont know shit about subarus. I know they are pain in the ass to work on, but im willing to learn.

After the installment, im planning on driving to TS for a tune.

The date will be posted, and the place as soon as i get enough people, and a place to do the work.

People that are willing to GTG:

1.StiBottom
    2.07Ltd#767

3.05Limited
    IF YOU ARE WILLING TO COME OUT, SEND ME A PM TO CONFIRM. ONCE WE GET FEW PEOPLE, WE WILL ALL DECIDE ON THE BEST DATE(s).

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  2. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

If someone volunteers their space then I can swing by and get some installed for you, I have done most of the work on my car so if everyone picks one or two things to do it would go by pretty quick

3. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

just sent him a pm, but we can do it next door at my place. have most of the tools (need ratchet wrenches), jacks, stands, garage

I won't be available until the first weekend in april, if it can wait that long, and assuming my kit is in and running.

please don't pm me :D

628 Pecan Knoll Dr
    Marietta, GA

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  4. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

ty ty

did some editing to first post.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  5. b reel

b reel Active Member

I can offer my shop space and tools, the only problems will be, first I'm on the southside, second it would have to be after the 15th of April, and last I don't think it would a good idea of driving it after the swap before a tune. If you could find a Cobb AP V1 or V2 for the bugeye, you can download a map with the mods listed from the Cobb site. Bribes can be discussed at a later date.

6. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

thanks for the offer, but we have the place and the tools. Now i just need people to pitch in. And im probably gona have Cobb Acces Port V2 but install day.

7. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

your gonna need an aftermarket intake to fit the front mount intercooler

8. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

id def. be down depending on when it takes place, ill be out tof town all next week.

9. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Depends on when - if it's next weekend, no can do.

10. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

while you are waiting, it might be a good idea to send those injectors off for a cleaning and flow test.

11. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

VERY true!!

I'd probably be down to help as well, though it'll depend on the date.

12. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

waiting on date and beer availability (also so I can upperdeck drew's toilet)

13. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Don't go breaking that transmission I sold you ;)

But if you do don't worry, I have another one for you.

14. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

Sweet I won't even have to bring a cooler for beer. I can just walk to the fridge haha.

Oh and 07LDT let me know if you need help installing that rotated kit

15. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

I have four, so you better bring it...

Pull the Southpark episode and eat PF Changs for a week, you won't do it :rofl:

16. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

never shit a shitter, son.

I'll lay some couric's up in there

17. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Where can i take them? Any local auto shop? Subaru Dealership?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  18. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I will give money for as much beer as you guys can drink that day. And food also.

This GTG wont happen until 1st or 2nd week of april. It all depends on 07Ltd#767.

And i have a cold air intake already on. Would that work? or do i have to get some sort of short ram?

The transmission should hold strong. I don't launch my car, i don't brake boost, i don't speed. But as soon as i have enough green, ill probably get a built 5 speed.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  19. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

20. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

So, I should go with Basic at $19 each? But are these guys secure, i don't wanna ship my shit out and they tell me they never received it or some other BS.

21. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

you have nothing to worry about...they are the best.

22. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

aiit, i will ship them out monday.

23. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Still waiting for the date!

24. Sti4LifR

Sti4LifR New Member

Did it happen yet? I'm willing to turn a wrency and meet new people. If yall don't mind a stranger.

25. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

No, it haven't happened yet. We are still waiting on the date, and im waiting for some parts to come in. Like the AP2,and the Up. And dont worry about being there not knowing anyone, I dont know anyone my self.

26. '05limited

'05limited Member

I'll help out - assuming I don't have any exams on the date you decide.

27. techlord

techlord Active Member

A few of my mustang buddies use Rceng.com for cleaning/flow testing injectors and they are about 8 bucks each. They have raved about their services. Just giving options, though I have not used them personally.

28. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

1st post updated, the possible date is up.

29. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I will look into their web sire. Im planning on sending them out this week.

30. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

If the date work with my schedule i'll come, and help with w/e i can.

BTW those injectors only have 8k miles on them, but always a good idea to get them cleaned up.

I need some help with sone parts, short shifter, thermostat, and crank pulley. Looks like there will be good bit of guys there, mind helping me out? I don't want to make another thread lol. Oh ya name the :beer: beer and food.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  31. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

^^^you can't install the short shifter on your own?

32. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

i can, i was just wanted to do everything all together, it's not like i am just gonna sit back haha.

33. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

If you're coming, it would be nice if you PM me to confirm that you'll be there. TY

34. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

GL, have fun

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  35. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

^^^ in the first post he says, "After the installment, im planning on driving to TS for a tune."

36. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

lol I haven't read the first post in forever

37. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Something came up, and the GTG wont happen till mid May. Sorry for those that were planning on the 18th. I hope you come to the gtg some time in may. thanks.