Pit-Bike or Mountain Bike

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Bug-Rex, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

What should I buy in the coming months?

A pit-bike such as this:
    [​IMG]

Or

A mountain bike such as this:
    [​IMG]

2. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Mountain bike! Pit bikes are fun, but get really old quickly. It's ONLY a toy. A mountain bike is fun too, but can be transportation and is a great workout. Especailly the one you posted up. That's a great first bike if that's the one you're looking at buying.

3. icantdrift

icantdrift Member

do you have a good place to ride the pit bike or neighbors to deal with?

4. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

mountain bike ftw! and i have a rockhopper and it is awesome

5. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Not too worried about the workout aspect. I already have a bike I use for cardio, and an hour on the motocross track is a great workout. I use my old pit-bike all the time and have about two acres in my back yard that me and some friends built a pit-bike track on. My old pit-bike is a 1970 and still runs like a champ, but is not as strong as it used to be. I kind of want to get into mountain biking too though...

6. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

lol id say the pit bike but that's because I used to have four of them and a track in the back yard.

7. icantdrift

icantdrift Member

mountain biking is a lot of fun, as long as you have people to ride with. kind of the same concept for most hobbies though.

skip the pitbike and go for a trials bike, i want someone to ride with lol.

8. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Haha. I wish. Only thing I can do while balancing is a wheelie for a long time. Went around a cul-de-sac a few times while holding one. The trials stuff is ridiculous though!

9. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Get a supermoto and ride with me... Or if you get a MtB we can go ride them too.

10. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

pit bike... they are soo damn fun!

11. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Go for the mountain bike for all the reasons mentioned above, plus it makes you look manlier than on a kids sized motorcycle.

12. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

OK. Picked up a 2008 Giant Rincon. I am worried that the frame is too small though. I am 6 foot and got a 18.5 or 19 inch frame... Anyone know if that is too small or not? I need to know asap.

13. gtaccord

gtaccord Member

I am 6 ft and got a medium frame (19"). You should be fine.

Enjoy the mtb. I just got into it myself and I love it.

14. Trey

Trey Active Member

A Large or 19" frame is good for your size.

I just picked up a Novara Ponderosa 29er this week. It retailed for $989 but I got 20% off with the REI sale so it was $760. Has all Sram X-7 componets too. I might switch out the front forks to Recon/ REBA's at some point. Have fun riding!

15. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

I have a 19" Specialized Rockhopper and I'm 6'3". You are fine with it as long as you aren't round in shape