The Ammunition Thread... Where?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mmtasty, Mar 26, 2009.

1. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

It has come to my attention that this turd of a president is planning to control our guns by limiting ammunition. Apparently it's working because now I can't find bullets. :unamused:

The purpose of this thread is for us gun owners to help each other track down ammo. I've been trying to find it for a while and nobody has it. All Walmarts, Nick's Guns, Georgia-Ammunition.com... nobody.

So if you find some 9mm FMJ somewhere LET ME KNOW. I'm looking for about 1-2K rounds, but I'll take whatever you find. And if anyone else needs a caliber or type post it up. Apparently if you hit Walmart at the right time they have it, but they'll sell out in an hour or two.

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I need .45acp. I am almost completely out. I do however have plenty of .223/5.56 to last me a little while.

3. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

I have 100 rounds of 9mm fmj but if I can't find more I'm not going to shoot what I have. I guess no more trips to the range. I got mine at wal-mart about a month ago and they had plenty then.

4. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I'll keep an eye open fo shizzle!

I'd hold off on going to the range until we know if this is a long-term thing or just a bunch of hillbillies blowing their savings. I'm hoping that in a month or two the supply and demand levels back out (or even better would be the supply exceeds the demand).

5. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

The reason you cant find any ammo cause ppl stock pilin thinkin the sky is fallin cause of this prez.:eek:hnoes: any wayz try cabela's or the pro bass place they get shipments in pretty regular (I delv. a bunch just the other day) or they can at least tell u when the next shipment comes in In person though they will not give that info over the phone (most of the time and from what I have seen thus far) ppl are buying guns like itz the wild wild west.

6. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Hit the nail on the head!!!

7. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I really really hope so! I'm no crazy redneck, but I can assure you that I'm stocking up. Given these dipshits in office nothing would surprise me.

But this goes to show how easy it would be to slow/stop guns without a constitutional amendment. We can own guns, but the bullets are illegal... :ky:

8. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I picked up some 9mm rounds today at Mainstreet Firearms # (770) 931-0185 give them a call.

9. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

If anyone finds any 38 super for a reasonable price that would be great, also 45acp.

I would like some ball ammo and some good stuff, I prefer Corbon Powerball

10. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Dick's actually had some 9mm and 45acp today. The 9 was $70 for 250 and 45acp was $70 for 150.

Matt I'll put your number in my phone and call if I see some again.

11. '05limited

'05limited Member

Yes, people buying ammunition are contributing to the shortage. Why are they buying more ammunition? Because they have (at least to them) a significant enough reason to believe that it may not be available in the future.

Say the current president said that he supported a 500% increase on the tax of marshmallows 10 years ago - and hasn't stated anything to the contrary since - would you be more likely to stock up on marshmallows? Even if the likelihood of this happening was, say, 10% (I'm making that number up for the sake of argument) wouldn't you increase your spending on marshmallows? What if it were 25%, 40%, etc? Would you say that you only have yourself to thank for any marshmallow shortage? Saying the government has "nothing to do with it" is completely fallacious - people are reacting to a fear of government control and making purchases accordingly.

Would you be calling me a faggot if I were actually buying marshmallows instead of ammunition? What correlation between large ammunition purchases and faggot-ness is there?

12. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

dude, think about it... remember gas shortages for the last two years? something happens and DOOM!!!11! STOCKPILEZ! and the gas companies can't keep up. hell even "bad weather" causes a run on milk, eggs and bread.

for example, last weekend my dad was in the bullseye and someone was "boxing up" $1000.00 worth of .223. a few weeks before that he was there and someone bought a couple thousand rounds of 9mm... people are doing this to each other at this point.

conversely, it wouldn't surprise me if this massive "run" on assault rifles and ammo was the catalyst for a gun/ammo bill... if i were an analyst in the administration i would certainly be saying "hey guys you know how we are looking for ways to help fund the bailout plan? take a look at these numbers..."

and what are we going to say? "oh, you don't need to legislate this, we're perfectly sane people... who buy enough shit to form a militia at the hint of a panic."

i'm against gun control (for the most part), but this is just embarrassing.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  13. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Newb Qa. What is the most common ammo that is effective i.e. what calibers, types of bullets, grain etc. for range and for self defense. I guess with this post in mind, ammo will dictate the gun I get since this administration is just getting started. Doesn't make sense to have a kick ass gun with no ammo.....

14. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

The most comon ammo has got to be 9mm. Beyond the caliber I would say Full Metal jacket or factory reloads for the range and Hollow Points for self defense. 9mm isn't the most powerful caliber but with proper shot placement even a .22 will solve problems for you. The other common self defense calibers would be .40s&w and .45acp.

15. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

It's not that I want to stockpile and I'll never EVER find it again. I want to go to the range and I can't find bullets. And when I do the price is crazy. I have 50 hollowpoints and that'll last me forever. I just want some cheap stuff to waste. Walmart has 100 for $20 when it's in stock so I'd like to find some before it jumps to $30. I doubt it'll get to $40... Yes, the price IS going to go up and stay up.

16. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

..But the thing is (IF) they ever declare Marshall law, which at any time since 911 could have been in place ALL guns would be illegal. :unamused::eek3: