Stupid Question... maybe

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sparta, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

So after my little collision I need a new headlight, bumper, and fender. Then I got to thinking will a gc8 front end fit on the bug eye? I've already priced all the parts, fenders, bumper, headlights, hood, and they are about the same as buying what bug eye parts I need but I think would be different.

Examples

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Meh, I think I answered my own question

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I don't quite see how you answered your own question.

I know it can be done, but I don't think it is as simple as just slapping the GC body panels on your bugeye body. I think major work is needed to get the GC panels to fit properly.

All in all, I think it would look great, if you are willing to spend the money to get it done right.

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

out of the loop I guess.. when did you have a wreck and what happened?

5. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

he likes making out with guardrails in the snow

6. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

both of those are gc's. i dont think the fenders will match to the wrx doors.

7. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

hrmm.. not sure. I know that GD and later series dashes can swap into GCs if that tells you anything about the body width around the front doors

knowing subaru, I bet it would all just bolt on.

8. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

There is some cool stuff on raceonusa.com There might me some good stuff on there for you.

Take care!

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

x2 what drew said. The damage isn't too bad, but if I ever want a "clean" looking car again I need to replace the bumper, headlight and fender. At first I was thinking 06 front end but started thinking of something a little different. I dunno, it'll be awhile before I do anything.

10. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

If you look at the pics of the engine bay you can see where the headlights mount that the radiator support is different. I guess it could be replaced with a simple cut and weld so the real question is if the legnth of the fenders and hood are the same.

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

I don't know that even if you some how got it all to line up it would flow with the rest of the body. IMO the best looking wagon years are 04-05. And that's all a direct bolt on

12. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I am also considering this

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

Yes that's hott. You could find a rear end/side totaled 04-05 for cheap and get just the fenders and bumper. A CF hood would probly be cheaper than a factory hood new unless the wrecked car had one too. Then do the Vlimited lip and talk to alex about some retrofitted headlights. That would be pure sex

14. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I think the GC looks better than any WRX. If you can do it, go for it!