420 Festival

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by heathbar, Apr 14, 2009.

1. heathbar

heathbar Member

Has anybody been to the Sweetwater 420 festival in chandler park?

I was thinking of checking it out and wanted to get some opinions... :wavey:

AFAIK, there's basically a $5 cover, live bands, beer and food for sale, etc.

2. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

I went last year and had a blast... what I remember of it... :squint:

3. whoa whoa whoa, when is this going on? got a link to the event? I might be interested....

4. heathbar

heathbar Member

Sounds good. lol

Anybody else go last year?

5. heathbar

heathbar Member

http://www.sweetwater420fest.com/

It's this coming weekend.

6. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I've been to the event two years in a row. I will probably go to the event this weekend. It is a fun time

7. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I went last year, lots of good reggae music and chill vibes. This year me and a few friends are planning on martaing down and riding bikes all over the place. I mean the festival started out as a celebration day, this year its just on a saturday since most hippies with real jobs cant get mondays off.

There's also a good allday dub/reggae/ska music fest at Lenny's, a good 5-10min bike ride from Candler Park.

8. gfred024

gfred024 Member

Sounds like fun. I wish it was a real 420 festival!! I'd be there then!!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  9. GTscoob

lol. why dont you come out and see what isnt getting posted on the internet then?

10. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

lulz@bobby

11. pankopp

pankopp Member

I was planning on trying to make it out on Sunday depending on the weather. Never been before. So it should be a good time.

12. GTscoob

Now a friendly service reminder: this event is supposed to showcase the need for green transportation and lifestyles and is a celebration of earth day. Ride some MARTA or carpool if you come out.

I hear there will be a bicycle valet for other riders.

13. heathbar

heathbar Member

It ain't easy being green...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  14. heathbar

heathbar Member

That was fun! I'll definetely go next year. The wristbands were a waste of money, I know people who bought beer without one...

15. Yeah I think they should have given you a beer with the purchase of a wristband

16. GTscoob

bah, we hopped the fence and brought in a backpack of beer.

Any of you stick around for the last band? Roger Walters and the 20th Congress or something silly like that, really good for a jam band, which isnt my scene by any means.

17. heathbar

heathbar Member

Nah, I was there from like 1 to 6.

18. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Considering the condition my girlfriend was in when she got back from the festival.. It must have been good times.. She mumbled something about $1 16oz beers before she passed out :)