Blew a tire this morning

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FTZ, Apr 22, 2009.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Today is not starting off to well. Got my new CarPC working last night, got the touchscreen drivers installed this morning, and thought everything was going to be great.

Driving into work on 400s and about a 1/2 mile away from my exit, I notice my steering wheel starting to shake really badly at low speeds. The shaking has been happening since my off roading adventure, but only at speeds above about 70, so I knew instantly that something was wrong.

First chance I get, I pull over, get out of the car, look at my front drivers side tire, and it is completely flat, FAWK.

This is a first for me. This is the first time I had to change a tire on the side of the road. Anyways, I get the donut out of the trunk, get my crappy scissor jack, and break my lug nuts. Position the scissor jack, and then I realize, I don't have the handle thing to turn the jack, downside of building a false floor for my stereo.

Luckily, I have a screwdriver in the car that I was able to use to get my corner lifted off the ground to put the donut on. Anyways, I was able to get the tire swapped out, but in the process I got dirt and grease all over me.

Well, my day is shot. Just called GTE about getting new tires. I was close to needing new tires, I guess much closer than I really thought, but I was not looking to spend $400-$800 right now. At least I have the money, though it is going to eat into my savings, which sucks. I was hoping to pay off my car here in the very near future, but that is now definitely not going to happen for a while.

Keiran was calling the warehouse to see what he has in stock, and will be calling me back to let me know. Once I get the call, I will probably leave work early and get my tires taken care of. My entire day is ruined now, and I can't concentrate, so I doubt I would be doing any work if I didn't leave early.

So there is the start to my shitty day. I hope everyone else's is starting off better than mine.

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Sorry dude..

3. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

geez.... sorry to hear about that.

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Sucks dude...wait I thought you didn't work Wednesdays?

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

No, I am back to a normal schedule, Monday-Friday 8-5.

6. wrxin8or

Oh ok

Hope you end up with some decent tires outta this whole fiasco

7. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I have some stock wheels with hoosier r6's I'll sell you for 100. Probably will suck in the rain but at least they are round and hold air ;)

8. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

sorry to hear this but give tirerack a call to see if they have any re-01rs left over from the sale, I think bridgestone found more stock in their japanese warehouse and they website is usually slow to update, give them a call

9. FACE

FACE Active Member

Dang man Im sorry to her this :(

10. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Good call. Just called and they don't have my size. All they have left is what is on the website, 16s and 19s, no 17s or 18s (18s being what I need).

11. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

dang dude, glad your okay!!

12. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

That blows!

13. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I have some stockers you can borrow with decent tread left on them. You can borrow them until you find a good deal on tires somewhere

14. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Thanks for the offer. I already talked to Kieran and am heading over there today at 12 to get new tires. I think I am going with some Falken somethings. They are normal tires, not high performance like the 452s or the 615s. Since I don't Auto X anymore, and I don't plan on going to the track, I was looking for something a little cheaper with better treadware.

Thanks again for the offer though.

15. wrxin8or

The ziex's? I had those for a while...good treadware but not the traction of the other falken tires

16. FACE

FACE Active Member

glad to hear your not having trouble getting tires today man.

17. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I have a set of brand new RE01 up at Gran Turismo that are already paid for.. 235-40-18

18. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ this.. if your getting these and its not to late.. don't. My buddy got these for his STI and HATED them... As stated, long tread life... but zero grip, especially coming from a RE070 or something similar.

19. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I really wish I would have known this in time. wagunz_pwn sent me a text message right as they were mounting two of my tires. Also, if I would have know they were there at GTE it wouldn't have been a problem for them to just unmount and mount the RE01Rs instead. I thought when I heard about your offer, I would have to go pick them up.

Thanks for the offer, but I was too late.

I did get the Ziex's and already noticed how much they suck compared to the Yoko Prada's that blew on me.

20. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Sorry man...I am on the fence if I want to keep them. I would love to put them on but wont need them for awhile and don't know if I would rather have something with longer life....Oh well, maybe I will blow a tire soon and will need them.

21. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yea the ziex's are what's on the stockers I have in the garage lol. I didn't really like them in the mountains but I use them for DD to help save life on my 615's on my other wheels

22. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

So, were you just bragging that they were up there?