want 600-800 whp in my 04 STi

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by bdydrpdmazda, Apr 22, 2009.

1. bdydrpdmazda

bdydrpdmazda New Member

Im getting all prepared for my second war tour, this time to Afghanistan and Im gonna have alot of extra money on my hands so Im thinkin about turning the Sti into a real monster and I have no idea about where to start when Im looking for the kinda power Im looking to get out of it. Also I need a good shop in the hall county area to do the work, tune it and dyno it for me before I get back.

2. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Hmmmmmm. Paging Siegel!

3. bdydrpdmazda

bdydrpdmazda New Member

Im in South carolina right now getting all my paperwork done and I should be in country and buying parts by this time next month.

4. bdydrpdmazda

bdydrpdmazda New Member

Is 600-800 a little far fetched or something? Maybe I should be looking more in the 500-600 hp range? I just need some ideas, this is my first subaru and my first turbo car and Im looking to get the most power possible out of it and use it as a weekend driver, not a daily driver.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  5. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

I can get you the parts needed to get you a high horsepower STi. We support our troops!!!

Give me a call and we can chat about a build that's right for you.

Take care!!!

6. JDM-STI

JDM-STI Member

You need to call TopSpeed and ask them about a RR1 longblock, meth kit, header, FMIC and a Tial 35r. That will put you in the high 500's.
    600-800whp is REALLY going to require DEEP pockets.

7. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

TopSpeed RR1 ftw!!

8. dtredwing14

dtredwing14 Member

Don't forget Trany, drive shaft, axels, breaks, and probably a roll cage.

9. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Under 700whp the tranny, diffs, and axles should hold. He only needs brakes if he wants to stop ;)

We've built and tuned a number of 600+ whp STi's. Our shop car makes 635whp on a road course, we can certainly make more for you for drag racing. We did one that made 602whp just the other day.

We're about to complete an '06 that should make 800+whp :D

Give us a call and we can go over what it takes to make XXX hp in Y situations - whp really depends on gas quality and vehicle usage.

Siegel

10. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

+1 for TopSpeed... we have been there and done that with more Subaru's than anyone else around. Oh and we also give a military discount to support all our troops.

11. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

TopSpeed FTW!

12. bdydrpdmazda

bdydrpdmazda New Member

I can settle for 500+, thats for sure as long as it runs on pump gas, thats a must have. what kind of money does that require.

13. bdydrpdmazda

bdydrpdmazda New Member

does top speed have a website?

14. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

500whp on pump will be diffcult, unlike 4g63 (maybe something to do VE) for some reason EJ motors just doesnt give out high numbers on pump gas

get a 2j if cash allows :D

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  15. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

16. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

If its a weekend monster, mebbe e85?

a couple more stations have started carrying it on the northside, right?

17. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

TOPSPEED FTW!!! An RR1, GT35R, & meth on pump will get you what your after!

18. longfury

longfury Active Member

It has been needing an update for awhile.

Topspeed has built more than a couple of 500+whp Subarus. They can do it for you.

19. 07Ltd#767

Do something like this...there's a few ballpark prices in there, IIRC.

20. bdydrpdmazda

bdydrpdmazda New Member

Thats crazy, thanks for the link. I dont know if Im wanting to spend 30,000 bucks and if I did my wife would shit.

21. 07Ltd#767

there are cheaper ways to do that...but that car's sex on wheels. I saw it up at TS and :drool:

there are some youtube videos of that car floating around, but i don't remember how i found them

22. JDM-STI

JDM-STI Member

My car made 460whp on pump gas with a stock header. It's making about 550whp on pump/meth still with a stock header. This can be had in the $15k range. Even more to come once I find the "right" EL header. :naughty:

23. bdydrpdmazda

bdydrpdmazda New Member

I bet that thing will put your head in the back of the seat! A stock STi is no slouch from the launch.

24. 7wolf

7wolf Member

dude, i'm in mississippi mobing right now heading to Afgan as well!!! What unit are you in and where are you going? i'm in 1/121 Inf going to RC East. shoot me an email when you get there.

25. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Ever think about the H6 motor? That would be a pretty stout machine and very rare in an STi.

26. bdydrpdmazda

bdydrpdmazda New Member

Im going to some unit in Vegas, 221st armored division or something.

27. juanmedina

juanmedina New Member

I cannot find any specs on the RR1? :eek:hnoes:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Call Topspeed. Or search Topspeed's race car on Nasioc.....it has the RR1 in it.

29. bdydrpdmazda

bdydrpdmazda New Member

scratch that, they changed me all up and now im attatched to the oregon national gaurd and im going back to baghdad. im mobing down in ft stewart ga