SOG just lost my business

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by simplespirit, Jun 19, 2008.

1. WJM

WJM Banned

GTP; only NEW subarus.

2. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Bah avoid that place. Horrible experiences. Had a similar issue with trying to trade in my girl's 07 Civic...they wanted to offer her 10k for it...trade in was like 14 to 15k. We told them forget it. We walked out and have never gone back, even though we were really interested in one of their cars.

3. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

I smell an interesting story to be told....

4. WJM

WJM Banned

As much as I would LOVE to blab all about them...I'm not.

Going to save them for later...

5. Koolaid

Koolaid Member

hello to all! I figured i would chime in now.OHH the car business.Just a heads up,if you want a good price for your trade in sell it yourself!!! If you want to get a ok or bad price take your chances with the dealer.The facts are a dealer makes $$$$$$$$$$$ on used cars not new cars.New car pricing can be checked on by the consumer to the penny.Used has a lot more variables,mileage, mods, abuse ,Wrecked,painted,and your sti probably never seen a track day.Its very good that the sti can take what we throw at it.Bashing a dealer or sales person for making a profit for there company is there job.The only problem would be if you took the deal.We all know we can get a good deal,we just didn"t think we would have to work for it.Education is key here!

6. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

If we're talking Gary with the tattoos, that's who I was mentioning in my post, also.

7. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

need more :drama: ;)

8. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I like the 2 service advisors, Neil and the lady, lol.

Wit that said I can't say I had any "bad" experiences there.

I hear that the pricing for their parts is rediculous! An OEM Corssover pipe is $320!!!!!

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

they sell all their parts at retail pricing, if not cost....don't forget to mention this site for a discount. ;)

that being said, I can't remember the last time I paid retail for a part there.

10. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

that is ridiculous :coolugh:

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

So is our electoral process but we still vote.:)

12. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

No, I meant REdiculous!!!!:naughty:

Crazy ass pricing, lol.

13. WJM

WJM Banned

You are special.

Otherwise, they sell all parts ABOVE retail with a system called 'Matrix Pricing' meaning its at MINIMUM of 40% over retail and I've seen it as high as 150% over retail.

Its a popular thing to do at most dealer of all makes.

SOJAX is a dealer that does not use matrix pricing. There's a few others that dont either, Folgers in Charlotte, Prestige in Asheville and Randy Marion in Mooresville.

14. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

^^^Find out how much the Corssover pipe is for the WRX.

Post it for shits and giggles!

15. WJM

WJM Banned

subarupartspro.com

Retail: $341.65
    Their cost: $245.99

44101FE070

16. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

WOW, that is not cool.....but thats business!

17. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

40% sounds about right if they are trying to cover overhead (but 150% is redonkulous)... It costs a bunch of money to run a business (office supplies, computers, ect...) and you have to pay for it somehow.

18. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

that's how they (dealerships) make their money....parts sales and used car sales. new car sales have to be at the VERY minimum to bring in the customers.

19. MikeJ

MikeJ New Member

Sorry to revive a dead thread. Maybe I’ve just been lucky (but I don’t think so) but I’ve always been treated right at SOG. Gary V. gave me a fair trade in for my RS2.5 and a good price on the 08 STI I bought. The service department has always been courteous and done what they said they would, when they said they would. The parts department is getting a Strut Tower bar for me that should be in today. The lady there was also courteous and quoted a reasonable price. In short, I’m very happy with SOG.

20. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

That's wonderful to hear :)

21. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

My car is there now. Neil and Jill are awesome, and the tech's are cool too. When i pick it up tomorrow I dont have any worries at all.

I never dealt with the sales team, but I have talked to Gary before.

22. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

What are you having done? Did you find another car / buyer for yours?

23. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

No buyer yet:wtc: I actually have not been pushing the listing.

It is getting an oil change, alignment, new terminals, and a check up.

I am going to do the timing belt and water pump myself, $1800 dealership dollars is not cool. After that, i am cleaning up the check engine light with a little ECUtek luv, stiffer mounts, and fresh break pads.

I am rocking the 1995 Mercedes Benz E320 right now for a while, lol.

24. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

I thought that work was about $800-$1000. How did it grow to $1800?

25. deadred

deadred Member

Only reason I ever started going to SOG was to follow Lisa from troncalli. She has always given me a great deal and is always nice. The only time ive been there for anything than parts was to see SS

26. darkfox1

darkfox1 New Member

huh, wasn't aware people in the area had some negatives for SoG. I started going there when I moved to ATL 2 years ago. Before that i lived in Augusta GA.. where they have Gerald Jones VOLVO subaru

They knew NOTHING of Subaru.. but being the only one in town you're very limited there..

Living in Dville its a heck of a trip for me to go up that way. I just recently learned of the new one on barrett.. I will have to try that one when I need service next.. I've started to do some of my own service, a friend of mine helped me change the oil last time around and it was so easy and cheap by comparison I may do it every time myself.. depending on how lazy I get.

27. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

"kingwrex" FTW! Hit him up on here or ask for him when you take your car to Barrett!!

28. El_Diablo

El_Diablo Member

I live in Augusta and haven't dealt with Gerald Jones yet. I'm very, very apprehensive to do so. I know a sales guy there and he's supposedly going to get me "his" price on everything, but I think I may just order all my OEM parts off the internet.....

29. darkfox1

darkfox1 New Member

how have you been having your service done? or do you do it on your own?

I come to aug quite a bit. I have a lot of friends and family there.. if you spot a silver LGT with cleared corners give em a wave.. hes the guy that convinced me to buy a subaru..

I cant really say that GJ doesn't know what they're doing.. I mean I never had a problem with them....really......

when I 1st got my car it had rotor problems.. constantly... every couple ofmonths the rotors would warp and the dealer would have them turned but not relpace them.. put on new pads... after the 3rd set I asked for an entirely new system.. new pads rotors calipers etc.. the service guy told me no.. that soa says no replacing rotors.. so I told him that he could do what he had to this time around.. but if they warp again I was gonig to start doing my own service..

a few days later I got a call from the service manager who asked me to "please" bring my car back in.. and they would do what I asked. Since that I haven't had any problems.. just a minor squeak every now and then recently.. I think the pads are getting thin..

They did however not have the equipment to install the factory spoiler. My car came w/o one (and I regret it now..lip spoiler FTW) but I bought a factory spoiler and wanted them to install it.. they told me they didnt have the tools "to work on subarus." .... so I went to Cushman's off of Washington Rd and had it done there..I have the non-spoiler trunk springs tho.. so people always complain that my trunk is too hard to open.. I complain theirs is too easy lol.

Honestly.. since I moved here I have only had the 30k mile service done. and soon the 60k mile service.. Compared to the domestic vehicles I used to drive subaru has proven to be quite reliable. I had both ofthese services done at SoG. The 1st time I went a guy named scott was my service guy, he was surprised that GJ never stamped my owners manual about service being done.. I'd never heard of that.. but I havent seen the guy since that 1 time..

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  30. deadred

deadred Member

Augusta is my home town!! Gerald Jones doesnt give a sh1t about you or your car and they will rape you at any chance they get. Stay away from them.:hsnono:

31. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Yep, things have definitely changed. When I got my 02 I test drove without a credit check it seems they wont let ya do that anymore.:unamused:

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  32. 4sevens

4sevens Member

They lost my business and respect when they overcharged me $1000+ on an STI engine. I showed them THEIR listing on ebay being $1000+ less and they wouldn't budge after they had replaced the engine already. My car was held hostage and they knew it. Soon after that almost everyone in the service department was canned. It seems if anything has changed, it has changed for the worse.

33. WJM

WJM Banned

The general manager there dictates that everything sold on the premises has to be some retarded high matrix pricing. Parts and Service persons cannot override that.

Matrix pricing is good for loosing business, thats for sure.

34. 4sevens

4sevens Member

"Service Manager" is just a fancy title for "Dirtbag Salesman"

35. WJM

WJM Banned

where did I say service manager?

36. 4sevens

4sevens Member

I didn't say that you said service manager. :rofl:

37. WJM

WJM Banned

then what the fuck?

38. 4sevens

4sevens Member

I'm just going to make sure SOG gets every bit of "value" from that $1000 they took from me. I'll tell my story 1000 times if need be - every bit of which is true. I have the invoice as well as pdf's of the ebay listings of the same engine they put in. Yeah I'm still pissed.

39. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

40. WJM

WJM Banned

Thats fine, I'm not saying you are false, I was there. I put the engine in. I saw ALL of the pricing bullshit. But you are placing the blame on the wrong people.

41. 4sevens

4sevens Member

No, I'm blaming the salesman er.. service manager. They are doing their job. Sales people have to do everything they can to sell you and squeeze as much as they can.

Yeah management is to blame, but my point is the sales er... service manager's job is to get the sales. No sales = no business. However some sales people are worse than others.

42. WJM

WJM Banned

You're still blaming the service manger over the PRICE of a PART.

You should be blaming the PARTS department. However, they are directed by the GENERAL MANAGER to do matrix pricing which is why you got raped on PARTS.

Your logic is flawed.

Plus you could have refused the repair and took it elsewhere at the cost of a flat bed.

43. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

How do you know its good unless there is a bad to compare.
    we need SOG

44. WJM

WJM Banned

What....

45. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I am with dummy

46. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

wtf at this old ass thread and wtf do we need SoG for....

47. WJM

WJM Banned

^prezactly.

48. Couldnt have siad it better myself

49. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Ok, let me put this together for you. Firstly, I am talking about the service manager (sales man) from the very beginning. I didn't disagree with your comment about the general manager. Neither did I confuse the two as you suggest.

Second, if the service manager (sales man) knows very well that I'm going to ripped off from the price of parts. Well, THAT makes him a dirtbag whether or not he is at fault or if he can do anything at all (because it's his job). He's still a dirtbag.

My point is... your job knowingly ripping people off on parts = sales man.
    SOG service manager that I dealt was = sales man
    therefore that service manager = major dirtbag.

Sure he couldn't do anything about it or he'll get fired. His job is to sell not service. Making him a sales man. capice?

50. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Can we just let the horse die?