How many NA cars are here?

Discussion in 'General Community' started by carrosene, May 24, 2009.

1. carrosene

carrosene Member

Im new here and was just curious how many NA, 2.5rs and 2.5i, cars here? I know there are a few of the older RS cars here but other than that I have not noticed many of the new ones.

Eric

PS Actually now that I think about it I told about this site by a guy with a 2.5i wagon. To bad I don't remember his name.

2. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

Might have been me (Matt), I do indeed have a 2.5i wagon. Welcome to the boards!

Did I meet you at Gentry's Walk apartments?

3. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

4. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

yep, 02rs

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

here here

6. carrosene

carrosene Member

That would be you Matt. How are things with your car going? I never had a chance to see it with the RS wheels. Its interesting how you were at the old place and BrokenWRX, dont remember his real name, lives where i am at now. I see his car all the time but have only bumped into him once. Small world when it comes to this site.

Other than that its nice to see some other 2.5s on here. Ill have to try and make it out to G2G some time. Sadly my car is nothing special compared to other peoples ride on here.

Eric

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  7. carrosene

carrosene Member

Im glad there is another 02 on here. You never see bugeye 2.5rs cars on NASIOC. It seem like everyone either has an 01 or older or a 05 and newer. Im curious what kind of mods you have done to your car.

8. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Bugeye rs here!!!

9. igoimpreza

igoimpreza New Member

I'm new but have a 09 2.5i Hatch.

10. carrosene

carrosene Member

igoimpreza,

I just responded to you in the newbie section and I am glad there are more NA cars than I thought. Also, I am a little curious about your Porsche since my project car is a 1975 BMW 2002. Is your Porsche running?

11. Cory

Cory Member

N/A 2.2l here!

12. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Hmm no longer n/a here...

13. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

92x 2.5i here

Well actually it belongs to the wife now but she is a member of WRXATL also.

14. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

My car is doing well, just got rid of a bunch of noises caused by previous mods, she sounds like new again!

15. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i've got a 2.5i hatch

16. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

rear sway & endlinks

intake, exhaust, (had el headers on there but took em off)

crank pulley

17. carrosene

carrosene Member

Any particular reason you removed the header? Also, what intake do you have?

18. SYKOTEK7

SYKOTEK7 New Member

i got a 2000 2.5rs

any one have a rear sway bar for sale, thats biger then 13mm.

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  19. pankopp

pankopp Member

N/A ej22 in the 914... but with a turbo.

20. carrosene

carrosene Member

Interesting how you have a subie engine in your 914. I met a guy recently that has an older subie engine in his 912 and he said he loves it. Is that common to stick subie engines in porsches?

21. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

oqɹnʇ ǝɥʇ sǝʌol ı

22. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

first rotated turbokits, now rotated turboposts.
    What's next?

23. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

:rofl::rofl:

24. igoimpreza

igoimpreza New Member

Yeah, The car runs and drives. In fact I met up with some 914club.com guys yesterday at the Andretti's for a G2G.

What state is your 2002 in? I raced against some 2002s in SCCA ITB a few years ago in my 86 CRX. I've always like those.

25. igoimpreza

igoimpreza New Member

I've heard of guys doing that swap. How do you like it?

26. pankopp

pankopp Member

Its awesome... but in pieces right now. It overheated a few weeks ago, and then read low on a compression check, so i went a head a pulled the motor/transaxel and pulled the heads tonight. The head gaskets were destroyed, but the motor does have something like 180k miles

I heard about the meet up at andretti's. Which car was yours? I saw the pictures on 914world.

27. carrosene

carrosene Member

The 2002 is drivable but it has a grounding issue that I need to resolve. Its a great car but sadly I never get to drive it. One of these days I get some time to fix it and have some fun with it.

28. igoimpreza

igoimpreza New Member

Mine is the white one in the third picture. In fact I'm standing behind it (tall black guy) with my buddy Blake hunched down with hands on his knees standing next to me.

29. Scotty B

Scotty B Member

hiyooo! '05 RS checking in. i've loved driving mine and plan to have it for a while. i have a thread in the Journals section somewhere.

come out to an autocross sometime, Matt will show you what an NA 2.5i wagon can do!

30. cMags

cMags Member

'05 OBS here. :wavey: Brullen catback exhaust is the only powermod. I don't drive it as a performance car, but a fun-to-drive well-rounded workhorse.

31. igoimpreza

igoimpreza New Member

What's Matt's AutoX setup?

32. Scotty B

Scotty B Member

he can tell you the major details but its a nice mix of camber plates, shocks/springs, swaybars and control arms. makes my car feel like crap when i get in it after being in his.

33. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

at least yours sounds good. :p

34. carrosene

carrosene Member

I need to work on the sound of mine. I get jealous every time I hear that boxer rumble. Maybe I can strike a deal with someone, for some headers, with some wheels Ill put up for sale/trade soon.

35. Scotty B

Scotty B Member

heh, i do love that sound! all the more reason to drive around with the windows down...

deals can be tough to find...took me a year of waiting and i got really lucky. but they are out there, just keep an eye out all the time. if it really comes down to it, the ebay replicas are really well priced for a new item if you want to pay that much.