Mavic wheels on clearance

Discussion in 'Sports' started by goixiz, Jun 15, 2009.

1. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Thats gotta ruin your day, especially paying that much for wheels and then ruining a nice CF frame too.

3. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (My Phone)

I like that he says he will still ride the wheels...just with metal spokes!

4. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

I bet he will be sponsored for life from mavic

5. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I'm still riding the Kysrium SL's with the aluminum spokes. I haven't even trued them in 3 years. I'll be sure to skip the carbon spokes in the future.

6. DaveH

DaveH Member

Me too. Although, they have been trued. Some doofus skewered my front wheel in a sprint and deleted a spoke. Was that you integroid?

7. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Nah, I was about 20 bike lengths in front of you last weekend:) I looked around for ya but didn't see you anywhere.

THe thing that is even scarier is that full carbon front wheel that they have out now. The spokes, hub, rim is one carbon mold so there is no way to true it. I could just see something like that shattering! I will tick with my Reynolds Carbon rim with SS Spokes.

8. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

do you remember spinergy wheels? All Carbon, no trueing, but the were super heavy, and had an alluminum braking surface. The blades of the wheel could slice a finger off pretty easy. But there is certainly something said about a wheel that can be trued.