Any boaters or lake lovers here?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

I just bought a boat a couple weeks ago and was wondering if anyone else here enjoyed going out on the lake as much as I do?

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

I love going out on my parents supercharged sea doo. 215hp 0-70mph in no time,it'll throw your ass off easily. Unfortunately times are hard and looks like they may have to get rid of it to keep my moms store open :(

3. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

My parents have a boat that I use frequently.

I wakeboard when I can, but I havent been out to much here lately due to lack of free time.

4. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

One of my best friends parents own the house from Man Made Movie house on Lake Allatoona. He only has a 17foot stingray motorboat but we have been going up there alot recently to go tubing, wake boarding, fishing, and theres some awesome rope swings and cliffs there as well. Its a blast

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I used to have a nice Malibu ski boat decked out for wakeboarding.

I was on the lake every day in the summer for 3 years until I blew out my ACL.

I got my user name because I had to come up with something and my wakeboard was right next to me.

6. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

i love being out on the water. i like all water sports. maybe we can meet up on the lake sometime

7. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

lake is a blast... i have rolled with bryan ( wrxbryanatl ) to the lake... wish i could go more though!

what kind of boat did you get doug?

8. techlord

techlord Active Member

Didn't own a boat but had a few friends with one and I love wakeboarding also! Skateboard on water FTMFW!

9. undrgrndrdr15

technically skateboarding on water would be wake skating... lol... very hard to do, at least for me

10. pankopp

pankopp Member

Yeah i love the lake... My parents have a house on Lake Harding. I am down there just about every weekend in the summer. We have the turbo Honda F-12x ski... its quick as hell, and an Ebbtide deck boat and an old as Yuma sail boat. I love it.

11. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

uncle has a nice malibu up on allatoona. set up really nice for wakeboarding (throws up giant wakes). cut in toe side and it's down right scary

12. Rex_Gon

Rex_Gon Member

Yes Sir! Got a house in dawsonville right past the N.GA outlets. I've got boats, but its a lot more enjoyable riding on a couple of my friends boats. Due to maintenance costs, and they fill them up. Pun intended, but seriously, north end of lanier let me know if ur going up. We ride early in the morn and booze in the noon.

13. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I've got $25 for gas if somebody with a good wakeboarding boat will give me some pulls :)

14. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

uncle goes out every weekend on allatoona. we'll go sometime. I nicknamed his boat the ACL monster. it's claimed 5 torn ACLs, 3 by the same person :bowdown:

15. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

that may not be the boat for me then.

on second thought I don't have any acl's left to tear :)

16. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

we should have a meet at lake allatoona....

17. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

yes we should.

We should take over one of the campgrounds ;)

18. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

there is a navy lodge site there that is really nice. guy I work with knows the caretaker. I'll talk to him and see about setting up a kegger there (been thinking about it for a while). I can still rent it out since I'm in the reserves, but it's $$

19. schneid

schneid Member

ive got a 24' python that Im out in on the weekends pretty frequently

20. Jake

Jake Active Member

whoa dude, just whoa.

lol

21. Doug@DBW Motorsports

So we need to do put a large meet together and get some people to bring their boats. You guys sure you would rather have the meet on Allatoona instead of lanier?

I can bring my boat... so thats one. Who else?

22. techlord

techlord Active Member

YES Allatoona is better if you plan to ski/wakeboard which is what would draw me out. If getting boozed up and having fun Lanier...

23. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

well I like taking off my shirt and drinking beer, so I'd mooch a ride with someone

24. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

as long as your pants stay on there won't be any protests....

25. schneid

schneid Member

lanier!

26. undrgrndrdr15

allatoona!

27. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

im fine with either, i just said allatoona because its closer to me

28. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

The wife and kids are going out of town this weekend. Anybody I can mooch a ride of off?

Also I have an RV that I would be willing to trade use for a weekend with a boat owner.

btw here is my old boat. I miss it so much.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  29. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

we need to make this happen, wheres the poll at for dates already..

30. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

let me call the MWR site tomorrow and see about dates

31. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

haven't forgotten about this. going to call the MWR site and see about renting it for a saturday night and having a big ass party. there's cabins to stay in as well

kegs, bbq, shenanigans, etc

32. schneid

schneid Member

python update: brand new 502 longblock installed . pics to follow to educate the uneducated as to what that means

33. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

GM crate motor?

34. Doug@DBW Motorsports

I would be on the lake right now if I could find some people to go with...

35. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I'd join you if I wasn't already heading to Allatoona. Your boat would be a lot more fun to ride behind than the deck boat I'll be on.

36. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Blah blah blah... lol

37. RyanBlack99RS

RyanBlack99RS New Member

I've been dying to get out on the lake! I moved here from California three months ago, and haven't been out on the lake all summer! We have a nautique out in Cali that I might be bringing out to Georgia soon! I'm always up for a day or weekend at the lake! I come with plenty of gas money, and beer too! :) If anyone needs help wakeboarding, I used to be an instructor... ;) Hope we get something going soon!

38. jeb

jeb Member

I'm about to head to the lake Allatoona now, Sailboat races at AYC. I'll be out there all day tomorrow too. I love wakesurfing when I get out on something with a motor. If we have a meet at Allatoona I can bring a powerboat but its really only good for tubing

39. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Just got back from being on the lake all weekend and I have to say the 24' deck boat actually had a good wake. It was hard as hell to hold a speed but fortunatley for me my wife is a very good driver.

Even after six or seven years of not riding I was able to get around on a couple of tantrums and hit some nice double ups. A few more times out and it will be like I never stopped :)

40. RyanBlack99RS

RyanBlack99RS New Member

Niiice! Sounds like the wife has things under control! I haven't ridden in a year and it's killing me! I used to ride 4-5 days a week in the summer. Let me know when you plan to head out to the lake again! :)

41. schneid

schneid Member

yeah. well, mercury longblock. new, not reman. Tried 2 of those already

42. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

My folks' house is on Lanier and we have a killer dock w/ accessories; bar, refrigerator, TV, good swim area, and upper level for tricks. My dad has a 30yr old boat that is his baby, and we have a ten yr old jetski; both the boat and jetski have been refurbished to run. And both have been owned since new. We got rid of the runnabout before wake boarding and honestly having lived on the lake I have yet to wakeboard. I manage to get out on the jetski and let loose bout once a week. If a meet gets organized and it is on Lanier, I am down. If it is on Altoona, I could probably make it out but would be boatless.

43. schneid

schneid Member

Cleanmachine, do you drink beer? :)

44. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

^^ Not so much. But still down to party.