Gotta love the SoG

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by TheNewWazoo, Apr 30, 2008.

1. TheNewWazoo

TheNewWazoo Member

Saab doesn't sell a trailer hitch for the Saabaru, and I wanted the Real Deal(tm) for the plug-in niceness, so I purchased the Subaru kit from Subaru of Gwinnett a month or so ago. What's more, they gave me a 10% discount just for mentioning WRX Atlanta. Alas, the wiring lit itself on fire a couple of weeks ago (http://saab92x.com/viewtopic.php?id=19521). The trailer checks out okay, and the car doesn't have any problems, so I brought the burned-up wiring harness in to attempt a warranty replacement.

I talked with Neil and Summer and they were very helpful in trying to get the part replaced as they realize that, in every way except the exterior, my 9-2X Aero is exactly the same as a WRX Wagon. I left the part with them, with the understanding that they'd try to make things work for me.

When I called back just a few minutes ago, they informed me that they couldn't warranty the part since it had been installed on a Saab because SoA wouldn't reimburse them. I asked Summer who the best person to talk to in order to escalate the issue would be, and she put me on hold. After a few minutes waiting, she got back on the phone and happily informed me that they would make a "goodwill" exception this time, and that I could come pick up the new harness on Monday!

Just thought I'd share a good result. I like that place more and more every time I go there. :)

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Awesome! Thats great that they helped you out despite SOA leaving you out in the cold.

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Yay for SoG Neil kicks ass!

4. WJM

WJM Banned

Radio edit.

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  5. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

SoG sales department sucks, never dealt with service but their Parts department is one of the best.

Casey and I walked into the showroom, walked around for 5 minutes to get a sales rep to talk to, I even said it a loud "where are the sale reps, this place sucks" next to a gentleman and he totally ignores me. Walked up to the receptionist demanding a sales rep and she pointed out the guy standing next to me was indeed a sales rep. I have no clue wtf they were thinking...

SoG= Parts only IMO

6. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

They probably didn't notice the fact that you two arrived in nice new Impreza's with one of you wanting to trade in. Salesman are quite stupid.

7. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

maybe he could tell just by looking at Casey that he was poor.:fawk:

8. Trey

Trey Active Member

I thought their style was not to hassel the buyer. You need to approach them. Like Saturn.

9. caseyfoster

caseyfoster Member

We were asking him were the 05 sti was, and he brings us to and 07 sti, and were like "thats an 07 sti" hes like "no thats an sti its an 05" and were like nope. then he says thats all they have and we left. LOL

10. perduevision

perduevision Member

Service representative Jill is awesome regardless of all I went through with SOG. She was always very kind and accommodating with me.

11. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

SoG parts ftw.
    SoG sales ftl.
    SoG service idk, my bff jill?

12. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

[pun not intended in previous post.]

13. the kid

the kid New Member

SoG parts FTMFW! ...I'm their parts driver

14. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

holy bump batman

15. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

I say we ban people for bumping old ass shit with a response like FTW...FTL

16. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

quit while you can! lol...hope it works for you out there..

17. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i called last weekend looking for the key for the lung nut locks they sold me on the car. the key broke changing to my auto-x wheels, so called to see if they stocked them. it was 4:05. "Sorry the parts department is closed." so i asked to talk to a manager to see if they could just look, so i could race. the sales manager gets on the phone and after i explain my situation, he tells me this, "i'm sorry sir, but i don't even know how the wheel locks work." i ask, "aren't you a manager at a car place?" "sir, i'm the manager of sales, not parts." so i told him he needs to go out side and lock at every car he's selling, because there's a wheel lock on the car and better learn how a lung nut works before he sell another car.
    Fuckers! i hate them!

18. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I'm down.

Her dad's the service manager. Of course it'll work out. :unamused: