Win 7 Preorder Available

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BelvnAWD, Jun 26, 2009.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

So the Win7 preorder is available today with the Home Premium version going for $49. I ordered two copies from Amazon. Normal price will be $129. So 2 copies on preorder is less than one at full price. Anyone else going to preorder?

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Msdn ftw.

3. techlord

techlord Active Member

sure thing scott as soon as you post the link...pre orders for the pro version?

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Microcenter has the pre-orders for $39.99 and $89.99.

hmmmmm

5. BelvnAWD

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Will be ordering,Win7 is awesome... Just a matter of home vs pro, what do you guys think the diff. will be? How long is this sale projected to go on? Got the email from Microsoft as well, funny its allready found cheaper on microcenter.

7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

it's got to do with the applications that are found in windows. Some of them you will be able to download for free, others will cost $.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/compare-editions

here is a break down of the differences.

8. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I recently tried to format the hard drive on my laptop and use the recovery disk. Well, it seems to go in a continous loop and never fully loads windows xp. I can't seem to find the windows official disk, just the recovery disk that I made when i go the laptop. Do you think the "upgrade version" of Windows 7 will work to restore my computer?

9. BelvnAWD

It might, but its not going to be out until October. In the meantime, go to microsofts website and download the "release candidate" for windows 7. It is incredibly stable for a non retail software and will give you a feel for how it will run on your laptop...

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i can get you a disk... but no cd key.

11. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I already replaced the laptop, so waiting won't be that big of deal. What would be the best way to download the "release canidate" and install on a computer that won't fully boot? DL and burn to a CD?

12. slug

slug Member

url??

13. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

It was an email special they sent today. You have to go to the store and ask for a coupon.

14. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Yes, DL the ISO image and burn to a DVD. Boot laptop with DVD in and it should start the installation.

15. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Thanks, I'll try tonight when I get home.

16. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

reminder.

these are upgrades only, i believe

17. BelvnAWD

True, but as long as windows xp or higher is installed, than you can do a total clean install if desired.

18. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Yup, I am going to stick with XP or alil while longer... I dont trust microsoft...

19. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

20. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

so basically if you have a valid xp or vista key, they are giving you a FULL install disk, correct?

i don't do "upgrades", i zero the drive, then install.

21. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ Good question, my system just died.. and all I have on there after recovery is the RC, no other legal OS available. I was going to purchase assuming I was getting the full OS(boot disk, recovery disk etc)...

22. BelvnAWD

That is how I interpreted the FAQ on Microsoft's website...