MMTasty's Forester Sport

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by mmtasty, Oct 22, 2008.

1. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

2. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

there are some sweet foresters... that one is making hella power... still love yours the best man!

3. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

4. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

5. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

black was low on the list...but it'lll do

6. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Well, if you want blue we'll go to LiquidForce's house and have him swap EVERYTHING over. :)

7. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

mines an auto for my girl

8. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I mean swap EVERYTHING... engine, tranny, interior... all of it. I was kidding though. That would take Mike most of a weekend so it's not feasible.

9. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

mmtasty, your ride is SICK!!

awesome...just awesome

10. slizanbro

slizanbro New Member

im in love with your forester

11. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Holy crap this needs an update...

The brakes were still not where I wanted them, so I got some HP+ pads and flushed the fluid. Better, but the pedal feel was terrible. So this went in:
    [​IMG]
    '05 STi brake booster off eBay for $30 shipped. It was a MAJOR pain in the ass to put in, but make a night and day difference. Looking back I should have thought to swap this sooner...

Then I found a rear strut tower brace on NABISCO at such a good price I couldn't say no... I can't really tell much difference yet because I've just been commuting. After the next autoX I'll know if I wasted $100 or not.
    [​IMG]

And finally, the new suspension (again).
    Koni Yellows
    Swift Spec-R springs
    Turn in Concepts Koni D_Rex Extenders

Same as any other Koni install, but you drill a bigger hole in the bottom of the fronts, drop the Konis down further, and use the extender as a cap. It makes it so that the spring will fully collapse the same time the Koni bottoms. Gets you FULL travel from your new struts.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't have pictures of the new ride height because it's identical to what it was. Once the springs settle if it's any different I'll get some shots.

Overall the changes have made a BIG improvement. Until the 5 speed explodes, I'm done. I'd like to find some silver wheels in a 9" width... if that happens I'll be sure to take some pictures.

12. gtaccord

gtaccord Member

Good stuff man.

13. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Thanks dude!

And toady... 17x9's.

[​IMG]

14. gtaccord

gtaccord Member

Ooo those will look awesome. You need to step up to 18s though :p