Midnight Cruise

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by UpSideDownDesi, Jun 30, 2009.

1. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

[​IMG]

Private invitation only cruise. We had one in January and it was nothing but jaw drop worthy so it's time to do it again. Idea is to compile a sick footage (pix/video) of Atlanta scene and have fun at the same time. It's time to show some class and show off our assets :cool:.

Date & Time: Aug 14th. 8:30pm
    I'll PM confirmed members map of the route.

For sake of this cruise, please don't share this location/time/info on any other forum.

If everyone can please shoot me a email at info@SpeedandMischief.com so i can forward you the event form to help me organize the event better. Thank you

WRXatlanta.com has reputation of being one of the most civilized forums when we roll out so lets keep it that way and reason I am comfortable inviting everyone to a private event.

Photographers/Video people- I need volunteers, please PM so I can meet everyone one of these days and discuss.
    Needing convertibles for photographers- S2k/Miatas/etc.

Mods please clean any unrelated drama sparking posts.

Some pix for last cruise:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1689867

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  2. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

In as a photographer! I need someone with an S2k to ride with! Shooting out the window of an RL was a pain in the ass last time (No offense, Adam).

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

I would love to come out again but will be in DC. I think having a planned route is a GREAT idea after last time LOL

Cant wait to see some photos/video :wiggle:

4. UpSideDownDesi

Thanks Russ, I'll have someone post on S2katlanta and get few out. Unless you can secure shotgun on 4sevens Miata with Vette guts.

5. UpSideDownDesi

Last time we lost half off the group at very first exit, and after that night got interesting lol.

6. dontcallitarex

To clarify this is the weekend of the 24th, right?

7. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Damn, I missed the last one due to broken diff and I am planning on flying out to Cali at teh end of July for the X games, Really depends on if my plans go through or not, but I'd like to shoot if we can actually have something planned out with lots of eye candy. I'll let you know as the dates get closer, who knows, i may still be in Memphis anyways.

8. UpSideDownDesi

last weekend is th 24th, 25th, or 31st.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  9. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

awesome. of course im down. i mentioned this on some forum in nasioc that we need to do another. perfect.

10. dontcallitarex

Those two days are a thursday and a friday.

And I see some of my own shots up there! :ddirty::wiggle::) Man that was an awesome night.

11. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

I love taking midnight cruises! I'd totally be down for this. A Friday or Saturday night is best for me.

12. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

If its the weekend of the 24th I'm definitely down. Been thinking about purchasing a smaller camera too to mount on cars.

13. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I want in on this...........

14. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I'm down.

15. UpSideDownDesi

It very well might be on that weekend.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  16. SubaruSamurai

SubaruSamurai New Member

This sounds great. Got my first subie 3 weeks ago and have been looking for something like this. You said it was private invite only, how do you get invited?

17. Spankie

Spankie Member

I totally down for that weekend. I can help take photos but Id really like to drive my WRX too

18. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

alas, my car is too plain, i'm sure.

19. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

All of wrxatlanta is invited as desi said. if you're wondering about inviting other people im sure posting in this thread their car and letting sunny judge may work

20. UpSideDownDesi

Due to conflict with Import Face off (June 25th) and lots of people heading out on 24th for it. Cruise has been moved up to August. Dates are posted in Original post, please let me which suits everyone the best.

21. Unidub

Unidub Member

Sounds good im game for going.

22. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I'd go, but no one took pics of my car last time....AND I got a ticket

:unamused:

23. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

No one took pics of my car either, and I was in the group that got separated and was never able to meet up with the rest of the group again. It was fun aside from that. A planned route is a much better idea this time around.

24. UpSideDownDesi

You car was in couple of rolling shots. How'd u manage to get a ticket?

Yea at every stop, number of cars in group dropped. Won't have to worry about getting lost this time around.

25. Matt

it was one of those bullshit red light tickets...

26. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I had fun at the one in January except the ride home in my wife's TT with the top stuck down!

27. UpSideDownDesi

weather is perfect to go topless now :ddirty:

28. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

I would love to come to this but I have a strong feeling that I would have the slowest car and get laughed at...

29. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

It is not a race. I got left behind because people decided at the last minute to get off at an exit, when I was 2 lanes over, and there was a car not part of the caravan blocking a quick 3 lane jump to exit with everyone else.

From that point on, it was poor planning that made it impossible to figure out where the rest of the group was, and I had no way to get a hold of the car leading the pack to get them to pull over somewhere so the rest of us could catch up.

Nobody is going to laugh at you based on the car.:pssh:

30. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I'm slower. :eek:

31. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Corrected for you.

32. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Ya things like that usually end up with people haulin. If there are a couple of other slow cars I'm totally down. It sounds like fun.
    We used to go on Night mountain runs in small groups and it was the shit.

33. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

If I go, I do not plan on speeding. Last time, we had a group of probably about 30 cars. That many cars speeding down the road is just asking for trouble.

At the end of the night, on the way home, I was in a pack of probably about 5 cars, leading the pack. This douche in an SRT4 pulls up beside us, and starts reving his engine and shooting ahead, just to hit the brakes and let us catch back up. He must have done this at least 10 times. None of the group would bite, so he had no one to play with.

It was a good thing non of us joined him because on his last rev and take off, there was a Cop about 3 cars back that shot up and nailed him. I would expect he got a Street Racing ticket. The cop was following us long enough to see him do his thing at least a couple of times.

Ah, good times, good times.

34. dontcallitarex

Rolling shots are a case of "The slower, the better." Last time speeds were pretty reasonable, and there were a few NA cars in the group as well. So no worries.

I just hope people are more aware of their surroundings this time. One of the skyline guys almost got flattened by a semi last time. :eek3:

And yeah, I'm down the for the 14th. This is gonna rock.

35. pankopp

pankopp Member

I would be down... missed out last time. It sounds like fun if its fully organized

36. Spankie

Spankie Member

When?

I read through the posts and I thought we were foing on the 24th but someone is talking about the 14th? When are we planning on going?

37. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Count me in!

38. Matt

It's now an unposted date in August. :)

39. UpSideDownDesi

This is the only Forum other than GTR forum where date has been posted publicly so i would appriciate everyone keeping the date low-key and only among forum members :).

40. UpSideDownDesi

If everyone can please shoot me a email at info@SpeedandMischief.com so i can forward you the event form to help me organize the event better. Thank you

41. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Emailed. I'm in with the "slow stockish" group.

42. Tireboi

Tireboi Member

43. UpSideDownDesi

44. Tireboi

Tireboi Member

sounds good

45. UpSideDownDesi

46. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

is the new carbon grey metallic or whatever going to be there?

47. rllyrckt

rllyrckt New Member

id love to go but ive got no car and im in Mississippi!!!! anybody wanna pick my ass up i will take a $hit ton of pics!!!! and ill be quiet!!!!

48. UpSideDownDesi

Everyone planning on attending please shoot me a email at RisqueEvents@gmail.com so i can forward you the Cruise form, i'll need it for better organization and setting up groups. List your SN and wrxatlanta in it. Thanks :).

49. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

respond to my email? :(

50. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

well what you know, Im in mississippi too but my car is in atl so I cant pick you up