Mr Clean AutoDry Carwash System

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FTZ, Jul 2, 2009.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Has anyone tried it? Any impressions? Just asking because they have it on Woot today for $2.99.

2. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

3. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

works decent because the rinse water is filtered. so you have no Ca+ and Mg+ (hard water basically) to dry and give you spots

it's good for the water, cuts wash time down. for the summer, I would just do a real wash and detail. for $3 you can't really go wrong though

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

So that's what makes hard water? I have spots on the windows that refuse to come off and are a stubborn pain.

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

yep.. we have decently softwater in Atlanta though

6. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

yeah i bought one, the jew in me could not pass up something so cheap!

7. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

yes. calcium and magnesium ions in the water. not sure what type of filter they use, but large scale softening of water uses a zeolite system to exchange the offending ions with Na+, much like a resin exchange system.

<-- ex-water chemistry guy for submarines

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

My dad used it for awhile and thought it was decent. It surely wouldn't suffice for the anal retentiveness of many on this site though.

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Really depends what county you are in...and I have seen it vary over the years.

Just get a leaf blower and hit the car when you are done washing it :)

10. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

I just bought one thanks! I usually check woot before I leave for work in the morning, but I didn't have a chance. Thanks for the post.

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Woot has become an everyday thing for me. First thing I do when I get to work in the morning is log into WRXatlanta and read through what happened last night. Then once I have gone through WRXatlanta, I go to Woot and see what their item is and also check out the T-Shirts. Then if I still want to do some bargain hunting I go to ecost.com and check out their bargain countdown. After my bargain hunting is done for the day, I actually do some work, sometimes.

12. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I just bought two of them...thanks:)

13. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

never used it but Mr Clean has to be doing something right..they just bought Carnetts...Not that I use them either...so disregard this post. =)

14. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Haha, very nice Jason! Sounds a bit like myself. Gotta set your priorities, ya know!?

15. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

hahaha!

my water is so hard, i'm still replacing plastic plumbing after 10 years living here and a softener.

ymmv.

but like everyone else said, this is worth it because of the clean rinse. Less water spots means easier to dry, less work when waxing/polishing, etc.

16. Jake

Jake Active Member

tons of iron in the water up there. just look at the side of any building with a sprinkler system.

down here (savannah) there is high sulfur content, the sides of buildings are all yellow

17. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

if you live where they pull water out of lake allatoona, the water is great. that's why AB decided to build a brewery here

18. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I had one it works great just be sure to change whatever softens the water or there will be spots but then again I air dried.

19. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

my friend bought two from/through woot, he said it was all right for the money so i might get one from him