Check Engine Light

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JAES, Aug 11, 2009.

1. JAES

JAES Member

I need help shutting my CEL off. I heard of ways to fool the O2 censors using a circuit or capacitor . I do not want to drop the money on an AP. PLEASE HELP! Either instruct me, or I would pay someone for their time to help me do this. I'm near McDonough.

Thanks

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Why are you getting a cel? If it is from a catless downpipe, there is a $5 fix you can buy at almost any autoparts store that basically puts the O2 sensor out of the direct stream of the exhaust.

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

What CEL?

4. JAES

JAES Member

Sorry. Yes from a cat-less exhaust and headers.

5. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

Get a anti fouler plug. If you need to we can help you out with that.

6. integroid

Like I said above and what Tray just said. You double up two anti foulers and drill out one of them so the O2 sensor can go through the first one. There are plenty of write ups on how to do this on NASIOC.com or search here for it. The parts will cost you $5 and you will need a drill and a pretty big bit to drill through the first one. Then about 15 minutes under the car to install it.

7. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

You could also buy a vag-com cable and turn off the CEL yourself with Ecuexplorer

8. integroid

Yup, but it will come back on until he fixes the O2sensor or turn it off with opensource or AP. I dont think you can write to the ecu with a vagcom cable. You would still need a tactrix cable.

9. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Some cars have issues with the anti-foulers. The cel may not come on but the readiness monitors may not show as ready regardless of how much driving you do.

It is worth a try since it is so cheap and easy.

10. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

You can write to the ECU with vag-com cable. I've flashed mine several times.

11. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Yes.

I did this to my Sentra, just drill out a sparkplug fouler plug alil then put it over your o2 sensor.